PDA

View Full Version : Make Ahead Smoothies??

StantonHyde
09-15-2010, 08:00 PM
My kids love smoothies (like what McDonalds has now or Jamba Juice). I would be really happy if I could figure out a way to make a big batch (using healthy ingredients), freeze it into individual plastic cups, pull out 2 cups in the morning and have them thaw out during the day, and then give them to the kids at pickup.

Would they taste ok? Would the texture be ok? What if I froze them in disposable plastic cups with lids--would the cups crack?

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

WatchingThemGrow
09-15-2010, 08:17 PM
I saw a prepackaged Jamba Juice something at Costco in the freezer section. No idea about logistics.

HonoluluMom
09-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I know someone who freezes Jamba Juice, so I assume the taste and texture once it defrosts is fine.

StantonHyde
09-16-2010, 12:59 PM
I will have to check out Costco!! I thought the Yoplait ones you had to mix up or something but maybe not. Thanks. It would be easier to buy them already done!

boltfam
09-16-2010, 02:10 PM
I used to make a big batch of smoothies and just freeze them in Rubbermaid containers. When I wanted to drink them, I thawed them in hot water for a little bit until they were pourable. The textured seemed to be a little different when I did this but they were still good.

infocrazy
09-16-2010, 02:25 PM
I saw a prepackaged Jamba Juice something at Costco in the freezer section. No idea about logistics.

Must go to Costco...love Jamba Juice but we dont have them!

YouAreTheFocus
09-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Just fyi, I have seen them in the freezer at our local grocery store (Safeway) as well. Haven't tried them, tho!