PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a Lot...Why Did You Do This To Me?

Indianamom2
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
To whomever it was (and there were several of you) who recommended the Lindt dark chocolate with a hint of sea salt...thanks a lot!

Why did I listen to you?

Why did I cave to the peer pressure?

Why must it be so interestingly good?

Why is it the perfect blend of sweet and salty snack that I absolutely don't need?

Please don't recommend any more chocolate...my waistline can't take it!

jenfromnj
09-16-2010, 01:19 PM
LOL! I have picked up so many vices (some food, but mainly places to spend money ;)) from this site!

citymama
09-16-2010, 01:21 PM
OH man, now I want some of that sea salt Lindt! I've been reading about it on these boards for a while and can only hold out so long! Where did you buy it?

Indianamom2
09-16-2010, 01:23 PM
OH man, now I want some of that sea salt Lindt! I've been reading about it on these boards for a while and can only hold out so long! Where did you buy it?

Ummm, the Walmart candy/gum aisle...not the checkout lane.

It's strange. I can most definitely taste the salt, but I can't see it. (I don't really know what I was expecting there though!)

Very deliciously yummy.

Indianamom2
09-16-2010, 01:23 PM
LOL! I have picked up so many vices (some food, but mainly places to spend money ;)) from this site!

Yeah, this board is bad for my waist and wallet. Mainly my wallet, though I'm still trying to be good.

WolfpackMom
09-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I definitely picked up the Keebler girl scout cookie knock offs that were reccomended earlier this week....nom nom nom

deborah_r
09-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Oh, dark chocolate and salt, how I love thee. I am waiting for the return of the sea salt caramels with dark chocolate at Trader Joe's. Possibly the best candy I ahve ever tasted. Only got one box before they disappeared last year.

Indianamom2
09-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh, dark chocolate and salt, how I love thee. I am waiting for the return of the sea salt caramels with dark chocolate at Trader Joe's. Possibly the best candy I ahve ever tasted. Only got one box before they disappeared last year.

I'm torn between needing a drooling smiley and an "I can't heeeeaaaaar you" smiley about the caramels. Thankfully, no TJ around here.

deborah_r
09-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm torn between needing a drooling smiley and an "I can't heeeeaaaaar you" smiley about the caramels. Thankfully, no TJ around here.

Give me your address, I'll ship you some, LOL! :)

jent
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
OK, I don't need to know about this either...

just like I didn't need to learn about chocolate Jo-Jo's from this board (not to mention the chocolate-covered peppermint ones)

LarsMal
09-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Great, now I'll have to get those next time! I was debating between those and the dark chocolate squares. I went with the dark chocolate- I am a major choco-holic, trying to get control of my addiction! I allow myself one square a day. So far it's working, and I have even skipped some days. Now I'm going to have to try those next time. Sweet and salty...mmmmmm....

Clarity
09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
To whomever it was (and there were several of you) who recommended the Lindt dark chocolate with a hint of sea salt...thanks a lot!

Why did I listen to you?

Why did I cave to the peer pressure?

Why must it be so interestingly good?

Why is it the perfect blend of sweet and salty snack that I absolutely don't need?

Please don't recommend any more chocolate...my waistline can't take it!

:waving4: I have a bar in my bag as we speak. I like to share the goodness with my co-workers too. :) And, for citymama, come over to the dark side, it's sooo good! I find the Lindt Sea Salt choc bars at my local grocer - or at Walgreens.

DrSally
09-16-2010, 09:22 PM
My interest was piqued on the Favorites thread. Maybe I should stay away! Now that I know they're as readily avail as Walmart, we'll have to see if I can resist.

LarsMal
09-16-2010, 09:25 PM
:waving4: I have a bar in my bag as we speak. I like to share the goodness with my co-workers too. :) And, for citymama, come over to the dark side, it's sooo good! I find the Lindt Sea Salt choc bars at my local grocer - or at Walgreens.

I saw them in the regular grocery store, too. sigh...I wish they were harder to find!

LarsMal
09-16-2010, 09:28 PM
My interest was piqued on the Favorites thread. Maybe I should stay away! Now that I know they're as readily avail as Walmart, we'll have to see if I can resist.

I knew I was avoiding the favorites thread for a reason!

crl
09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Just don't try the dark chocolate clouds at TJs. It's all I can do not to eat the entire carton before dh makes it home from work.

Catherine

elizabethkott
09-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Not to fan the flames...
But has anyone ever had...
CHOCOLATE
BACON?!
It's a chocolate bar with bits of crumbled bacon in it.
Sounds disgusting.
Tastes AWESOME.
Mmmmmmmm. Chocolate bacon.

goldenpig
09-16-2010, 11:54 PM
OK, for you chocolate fans...here's one you can at least feel good about eating. I just found out about these:
Adora calcium + vit D supplements
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Chocolate-Lovers-Dream-Adora-prnews-3479119723.html?x=0&.v=1
I just picked some up at CVS (available at Whole Foods too). I got the dark chocolate but they have milk chocolate too. So yummy and it's real chocolate, not the fake chewy Viactiv chocolate. I am so glad I found these since I'm on a dairy free diet right now so I need more calcium. Now I can justify eating chocolate 2 or 3 times a day (that is, if I can keep myself from eating more than that)!

pinkmomagain
09-17-2010, 08:28 AM
When I first read about it I knew it would be right up my alley and so when I pass the choc section at the store I walk very quickly. I know once I taste it, I'll be in big trouble.

brittone2
09-17-2010, 08:41 AM
OK, I don't need to know about this either...

just like I didn't need to learn about chocolate Jo-Jo's from this board (not to mention the chocolate-covered peppermint ones)

The peppermint jo jos are my personal kryptonite LOL. I can't buy them. And I normally am a low sugar kinda gal, but there's something about those that just sucks me in!

I make a healthier version of dark chocolate+coconut oil and sea salt for us at home. Love that combination.