PDA

View Full Version : Long Shot - Easter Eggs?

Raidra
09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Last year or the year before, my mother bought some plastic easter eggs that were natural colors.. brown, grey, green, etc. They're exactly what I need for a dragon-hatching activity at Colwyn's Harry Potter birthday party, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I suck at searching online. :) Anyone know what I'm talking about and where I might be able to find them?

Thanks!

Mikey0709
09-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Oriental trading has dinosaur eggs - but all bright colors only I think....only know that because that was what our pediatrician was giving out this week!

Maybe if you do a search for "dinosaur eggs" you'll be more successful?

ourbabygirl
09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Could you find a bag of them at Goodwill and just spray paint them in those colors? :shrug:

Corie
09-16-2010, 03:44 PM
They are made my Wonka. They are called Hard 2 Find.

Are these the right eggs?

http://www.nationwidecandy.com/hard2find-easter-eggs-ix-31025.htm

Raidra
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Corie, those are perfect! Thanks! I knew I could count on the BBB!

I could have done them myself, too, but I have SO much crafting to do in preparation for his party that I hesitate to add more.

rlu
09-16-2010, 05:12 PM
I want to know how you are going to get a dragon to hatch out of them. This whole theme is totally cool and I'm totally stealing ideas for down the road.

Raidra
09-16-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm going to have to find little toy dragons somewhere (Oriental Trading or US Toys hopefully) and put some slime in there, too. The eggs will sit in a cauldron near the fireplace probably. Then I'll just have the kids open them at the table. Or maybe I'll hide them in the yard or something.. I dunno.

I've set up a blog for all my HP Party Planning Craziness: harrypotterparties.blogspot.com

Feel free to steal whatever ideas you like.. I stole most of mine. :)

rlu
09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm going to have to find little toy dragons somewhere (Oriental Trading or US Toys hopefully) and put some slime in there, too. The eggs will sit in a cauldron near the fireplace probably. Then I'll just have the kids open them at the table. Or maybe I'll hide them in the yard or something.. I dunno.

I've set up a blog for all my HP Party Planning Craziness: harrypotterparties.blogspot.com

Feel free to steal whatever ideas you like.. I stole most of mine. :)

That's so cool! The only toy dragons I can think of are at Michaels but I think they are too big to fit in the eggs. Off to read your blog.