PDA

View Full Version : When you've stayed at BWV, do you self park?

TwinFoxes
09-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I've been reading on Disboards that the self park is very far away and up hill to the hotel. Is it really that bad? Bad enough to pay $12/day for valet? Keep in mind we'll be dealing with two 2-year-olds and their gear. We will drive to the parks, other than Epcot and DHS.

Also, is there an area in front at the hotel where DH could bring the car around if we sent him ahead?

TIA!

egoldber
09-16-2010, 03:05 PM
It is not that bad.

Usually we get ready to leave, and then DH runs down to get the car and I follow with the kids. By the time we get down to the lobby, he's there with the car and helps load. Not a big deal.

ETA: And yes, there is an overhang at the front entrance where your DH can pull up the car.

clc053103
09-17-2010, 12:17 PM
We've stayed at BWV a few times with a rental car and did exactly what Beth did- sent the driver to get the car then waited at the front to get picked up. You may find you don't use the car every day either- making $12 a day valet even more outrageous!

TwinFoxes
09-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reality check. :) I knew I could count on BBBers. The way Disboards made it sound, it would be a major PITA.

Not to be mean, but for people who spend so much time at "The Happiest Place on Earth", some of the Disboard folks complain a lot. ;)

egoldber
09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Honestly, there are a lot of REALLY lazy DIS-ers. I can appreciate that there a lot of people with various physical disabilities who would have a hard time with walking distances, but those are not generally the people that complain!