PDA

View Full Version : 50 FREE Mommy Cards on Kodak Gallery

halbeisenk
09-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Kodak Gallery (http://www.kodakgallery.com) is offering 50 free mommy cards. All you have to pay is $3.99 for shipping and handling. They are like business cards that you personalize with your "mommy" information and pictures of your kids if you want. They are perfect for helping to set up playdates, etc. I love them! I'm not sure how long they are going to be offered, so snap them up. Here is the link:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/mommy-cards/pc-C570088-c-C870009

mom2mack&max
09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Just ordered some. Thank you!

cindys
09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks!

Hopefully, this lasts until I get home from work tonite!

They look really cute....Not sure exactly what I would use them for...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

nancyvh
09-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks so much ! Just ordered some myself. Adorable.:cheerleader1:

sewarsh
09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
ok, please enlighten me...i just don't get it!

i guess i can see how they would be useful, but i would feel like such a dork handing these out to someone.

lchang25000
09-16-2010, 05:24 PM
They look really cute....Not sure exactly what I would use them for...

:yeahthat: Thanks!

Pennylane
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Cute, thanks for posting!!

Ann

candaceb
09-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I have been using a "mommy card" equivalent for non-mommies ever since we moved for DH's job 4 years ago to a place where I no longer had a career that supplied me with business cards. I made them myself on the computer using avery business cards and I put a clip art image of a flower on them.
I used them enough that when we moved again two years later, I made a set with my new information.
They're very handy when I meet someone new and want to give them my phone number and email. I'm not inclined to get ones with ds's photo right now, but I imagine they'll be even more useful as I start to do activities with ds and meet new people.

citymama
09-16-2010, 07:58 PM
ok, please enlighten me...i just don't get it!

i guess i can see how they would be useful, but i would feel like such a dork handing these out to someone.

Ditto. Has anyone used these for something else - like thank you notes or gift cards or something? No way would I hand these out to other moms but I like the idea of a family card!

alien_host
09-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Ditto. Has anyone used these for something else - like thank you notes or gift cards or something? No way would I hand these out to other moms but I like the idea of a family card!

I'm torn about these because on one hand I hate scribbling my e-mail address or phone on some random receipt/paper (or standing there trying to type it into my phone) but it does seem "weird" to me to whip one of these out of my purse. I've thought about getting something like this but I myself have NEVER received one so I don't know if they are used around here.

They would make a cute insert into a "we're moving" cards though...or as you said a gift tag for a b'day gift?

Is there a shipping charge?

Kira's Mommy
09-17-2010, 03:04 PM
I actually received one from a mom on our playground and thought it was very cute. Her card said "Let's Play" and had a picture of her kids playing and her email address + phone number on it. She uses them for setting up play dates etc. I once overheard her consulting her 6 year old DD whether a certain mom and her kid on a playground should get a "Let's Play" card)))

I liked her card so much, I ordered a set myself :yay: Thanks, OP!

Canadian moms beware - shipping to Canada is $12.99. OUCH! Almost made me cancel my order but the cards came up too cute to resist.

citymama
09-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I actually received one from a mom on our playground and thought it was very cute. Her card said "Let's Play" and had a picture of her kids playing and her email address + phone number on it. She uses them for setting up play dates etc. I once overheard her consulting her 6 year old DD whether a certain mom and her kid on a playground should get a "Let's Play" card)))

Are these the size of business cards?

mom2mack&max
09-17-2010, 03:14 PM
I think they are cute, and I would not feel weird handing them out. Much better than trying to dig through your purse, find a scrap piece of paper, hold on to a little one, find something to write with, when I do this I feel so unorganized. This way you at least look prepared and organized! Also I am bad with names, but good with faces. If someone gave me one of these with their child's picture on them I could put a name with a face.

graciebellesmomma
09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I use them to hand out to Mom's in random places for my photography
biz. I've got a favorite pic on the front and my biz name and info
on the back. I use moo cards, but am going to try these out, since
they are free.

Every time that I've handed one out, I've only heard, "Soooo cute,
where do you get them. I want SOME!".

I needed some help ordering (don't use safari) and the guy told me
that the promo goes through 12/31. Take it with a grain of salt, but
that was what I was told.

cindys
09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
For you all that have ordered them...

Did you put just your kids on the card or your entire family?

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

ETA: I dont know 50 kids to give playdate cards to!

alien_host
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I lilke the "Let's Play" idea on the front...cute.

So are people putting their name, kids name and phone/e-mail on the back? I could do:

My name
Mom to DD

Phone/e-mail

Thoughts?

can anyone confirm US shipping price?

mom2mack&max
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
I like the idea of Let's Play, but I had already ordered. I did it like the sample showed. My name on front w/ pic of the kids, back says "mom to - "then I put my address, phone #s, and email.

indigo99
09-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Is there a shipping charge?

OP said that it's $3.99.

alien_host
09-17-2010, 07:31 PM
OP said that it's $3.99.

Sorry, I missed that!

Kira's Mommy
09-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Are these the size of business cards?

Yes, they are the size of business cards.

xmasbabycomin
09-18-2010, 12:02 AM
I did something like this w/Vistaprint and made mine w/my name, wife to Matt, mom to DS and DD...email/phone/cell. Mine has flowers, but if I had the chance to do it w/the pics, I may have been tempted w/the Let's Play angle...

yes, sometimes I do feel like a dork, but honestly, if I do, I just tell people I got them free (ish). Somehow it lowers the dork factor, like don't worry -it's not like a paid a zillion dollars to impress you :D Plus, sometimes it's an opener to meet a fellow bargain huntress.

eta: I actually do know another mama who has used these for gift tags (well, the Vista Print ones).