PDA

View Full Version : comfy tall boots

groundhog74
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM
I want some comfy tall black boots. I have brown Cardy Uggs already.

I was looking at these, but I don't know...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997348?origin=category&resultback=192

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3055836?origin=category&resultback=192

Any suggestions?

groundhog74
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Or maybe one of these? Really I have no clue.

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49587&vid=1&pid=713910
http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49587&vid=1&pid=771862

AbbysMom
09-16-2010, 07:25 PM
My comfy tall boots are made by Franco Sarto. I can't find a picture of them but they are almost to my knee and are suede and slouchy. So comfortable!

citymama
09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I want some comfy tall black boots. I have brown Cardy Uggs already.

I was looking at these, but I don't know...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997348?origin=category&resultback=192

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3055836?origin=category&resultback=192

Any suggestions?

Those first two are really attractive. That said, I kinda think tall boots are things that must be tried on in person. It makes my feet ache just thinking about how painful it would be to have that much of your foot/leg covered by potentially hard, unforgiving leather. Any way you could try them on - maybe order on Zappo's, which has easy, free returns?

bcafe
09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I have the Merrell boots in brown. They are not stiff at all once broken in, but for being Merrells they aren't exactly the comfiest in the foot bed area. There is not much arch support. That said, I do wear them a lot because they are my only flat boots.

babychi
09-17-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.target.com/dp/B002BZZ16U?sortReviews=-date&ref=pd_tab_grev_sort_NewestFirst

Honestly, Tar-jay. I was skeptical but read the reviews, ordered them and thought what the heck, if they don't work I can return to the store.

They are so much more expensive looking than the price and they are super, super comfortable. I love them. I can't wait to wear them with leggings and skinny jeans this fall. They also come in black and brown suede.

Babymakes3
09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.target.com/dp/B002BZZ16U?sortReviews=-date&ref=pd_tab_grev_sort_NewestFirst

Honestly, Tar-jay. I was skeptical but read the reviews, ordered them and thought what the heck, if they don't work I can return to the store.

They are so much more expensive looking than the price and they are super, super comfortable. I love them. I can't wait to wear them with leggings and skinny jeans this fall. They also come in black and brown suede.

Oh those are cute!!! I've been eying the Steve Madden Intyce boots too but i'm not sure they are what you'd call comfy!

WatchingThemGrow
09-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Comfy tall boots = Merrell Spire Peak (http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2963105?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=273)

almostmom
09-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I LOVE my la canadienne suede boots. I got them on sale at nordstrom at the end of the year for like $80, but, they are expensive full price. They are waterproof and warm, which is great about them. And not too wide in the leg.

But those target boots look great!

groundhog74
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Hmm...how about one of these?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3119010?origin=category&resultback=2065

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3093267?origin=category&resultback=7175

pastrygirl
09-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I just got a pair like these at Marshall's for $99. They are Tahari and have the stretch back, but not the button accents. I haven't worn them yet since we're having a heat wave, but they feel very comfy when I try them on!

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=820108002&tid=plfr1r

pastrygirl
09-29-2010, 04:34 PM

They are so much more expensive looking than the price and they are super, super comfortable. I love them. I can't wait to wear them with leggings and skinny jeans this fall. They also come in black and brown suede.OK, I just went and checked these out because I've been thinking about gray boots... WOW! They are awesome! They came home with me. Thanks for the rec! :)

babychi
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
OK, I just went and checked these out because I've been thinking about gray boots... WOW! They are awesome! They came home with me. Thanks for the rec! :)

Glad you like them! I wore them all weekend and they are so comfortable. I was out with DD and some friends at some $$ boutiques and kept getting compliments from the staff. One girl asked me where I got them and I bashfully said Target for $39. Her jaw dropped and she is returning a $450 pair from her own store to buy these! Haha :)

Melaine
09-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Glad you like them! I wore them all weekend and they are so comfortable. I was out with DD and some friends at some $$ boutiques and kept getting compliments from the staff. One girl asked me where I got them and I bashfully said Target for $39. Her jaw dropped and she is returning a $450 pair from her own store to buy these! Haha :)

Wow...didn't that make you feel awesome!

Beth24
09-30-2010, 11:59 AM
I ordered a pair too but the day they arrived coincided with a 100 degree heat wave so I haven't had a chance to wear them yet. But thanks so much for the recommendation!

arivecchi
09-30-2010, 12:08 PM
I went to Target last night to check these out. I was thinking of getting UGG Jillian boots. Do you think the Target ones will get ruined in snow/slush? I saw one review ofthe Target boots that said they only lasted one season. WDYT?

pastrygirl
09-30-2010, 12:11 PM
I went to Target last night to check these out. I was thinking of getting UGG Jillian boots. Do you think the Target ones will get ruined in snow/slush? I saw one review ofthe Target boots that said they only lasted one season. WDYT?I plan to spray mine with leather/suede protector and will probably wear them on slushy days, but maybe not in falling snow. (I need traction in snow, anyway -- I would fall walking on cork in golf shoes!)

babychi
09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I plan to spray mine with leather/suede protector and will probably wear them on slushy days, but maybe not in falling snow. (I need traction in snow, anyway -- I would fall walking on cork in golf shoes!)

I sprayed mine with suede proctector also, and we'll see how they do. But for $39, I honestly don't care if they only last one season! :)

arivecchi
09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
So tempting! :) Thanks for the info.

AbbysMom
09-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I bought these a couple weeks ago too. I have really hard to please feet and they are so comfortable! My only prob is that the top is far wider than my calf.

peanut520
09-30-2010, 12:57 PM
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3093267?origin=category&resultback=7175

:yeahthat:

how about frye
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=441168&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
or
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=499158&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

plus they are 20% off at bloomies with their friend and family sale!

DrSally
10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
For those that have gotten the Target boots, how do you like them? Did you get them in the store or have to order online? I don't need anymore boots, but I have a brown pair now, and am tempted by the black or gray pair at the price and fabulous reviews.

AbbysMom
10-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I bought them and like how cushioned they are on the bottom. My problem is that I don't have a great boot-type wardrobe (no skinny jeans or leggings) and they look pretty outdoorsy/cowboyish on me with the buckle so I feel weird in my sweater dress type clothes with these boots. I've been wearing them under boot cut jeans and they look great.
I bought them in the store.

DrSally
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I bought them and like how cushioned they are on the bottom. My problem is that I don't have a great boot-type wardrobe (no skinny jeans or leggings) and they look pretty outdoorsy/cowboyish on me with the buckle so I feel weird in my sweater dress type clothes with these boots. I've been wearing them under boot cut jeans and they look great.
I bought them in the store.

Thanks for the review. I would like to look at them in person. It's good to hear they're nicely cushioned. I think you said they were wide on you too (which would be good for me).

AbbysMom
10-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Actually I just double-checked and these are the ones I bought: http://www.target.com/Merona-Kallista-Riding-Boots-Black/dp/B0023RQCAU/ref=br_1_26?ie=UTF8&node=2139079011&sessionID=181-9343304-6679115&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=2&sr=1-26&qid=1286243879&rh=target_com_brand-bin%3AMerona&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

DrSally
10-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Actually I just double-checked and these are the ones I bought: http://www.target.com/Merona-Kallista-Riding-Boots-Black/dp/B0023RQCAU/ref=br_1_26?ie=UTF8&node=2139079011&sessionID=181-9343304-6679115&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=2&sr=1-26&qid=1286243879&rh=target_com_brand-bin%3AMerona&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

Thanks, those are nice too.

babychi
10-05-2010, 09:22 AM
For those that have gotten the Target boots, how do you like them? Did you get them in the store or have to order online? I don't need anymore boots, but I have a brown pair now, and am tempted by the black or gray pair at the price and fabulous reviews.

I love mine, I've gotten so many compliments. I also think they are pretty darn comfy, especially for the price. I've worn them all day long these past two weekends and haven't had problems.

DrSally
10-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I love mine, I've gotten so many compliments. I also think they are pretty darn comfy, especially for the price. I've worn them all day long these past two weekends and haven't had problems.

Thanks for the review, so tempting! What color did you get and what do you wear them with?

babychi
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the review, so tempting! What color did you get and what do you wear them with?

I have the grey color and am now contemplating buying them in black and brown, too. I can get all three colors for the price of one pair of boots at Nordies! :)

I mainly wear my tall boots with long sweaters belted at the waist and leggings or skinny jeans. I also wear them with skirts over leggings with hip-length tops (ones that don't cover the tush). They also look just fine under regular bootcut jeans.

groundhog74
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Hmm...I didn't realize they had other colors online. I wonder if I want the black instead of the gray. Although the gray might look better against black leggings.

DrSally
10-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm thinking the gray might look better with all my black clothes too. Although, I do have a lot of gray, as well and black would look good with those. Decisions, decisions. I really don't need another pair of tall boots....

The skirts, leggings, and hip length tops sounds like a cute combo.

arivecchi
10-05-2010, 11:28 PM
These boots are amazing!

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-jillian-chocolate-suede

DrSally
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
These boots are amazing!

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-jillian-chocolate-suede

Very cute and utilitarioan, such rich looking suede.

Beth24
10-07-2010, 12:03 AM

I got the boots and just tried them today--we finally had the right weather. And after I tried them on I realized they had sent me a mismatched pair! One size 8 and one size 8.5. The funny thing is they both fit but it definitely felt strange bc one was a little tighter. I guess i would say for sizing purposes they run about a half size big but you can wear thicker socks and wear your normal size. Of course when I went to reorder them they are out of stock in both 8 and 8.5. Just my luck. Now I'll be forced to buy the Ugg Jilliain boots in charcoal grey instead bc I love the grey and am now obsessed with finding grey suede boots. :p. Anyways I definitely think you should get the grey. The boots are a great deal and very comfortable, even in 2 different sizes!

DrSally
10-07-2010, 12:05 AM
I got the boots and just tried them today--we finally had the right weather. And after I tried them on I realized they had sent me a mismatched pair! One size 8 and one size 8.5. The funny thing is they both fit but it definitely felt strange bc one was a little tighter. I guess i would say for sizing purposes they run about a half size big but you can wear thicker socks and wear your normal size. Of course when I went to reorder them they are out of stock in both 8 and 8.5. Just my luck. Now I'll be forced to buy the Ugg Jilliain boots in charcoal grey instead bc I love the grey and am now obsessed with finding grey suede boots. :p. Anyways I definitely think you should get the grey. The boots are a great deal and very comfortable, even in 2 different sizes!

That's crazy you got 2 different sizes. I just went to visit the boots online and noticed they are OOS in 8. I'm hoping them have them in store. I'm definitely thinking gray.

Beth24
10-07-2010, 12:06 AM
That's crazy you got 2 different sizes. I just went to visit the boots online and noticed they are OOS in 8. I'm hoping them have them in store. I'm definitely thinking gray.

You may be able wear the 7.5's. I always wear an 8.5 and the one size 8 boot felt ok!

DrSally
10-07-2010, 12:09 AM
You may be able wear the 7.5's. I always wear an 8.5 and the one size 8 boot felt ok!

That would be great to try, but they're out of 7.5 as well :(

Beth24
10-07-2010, 12:47 AM
That would be great to try, but they're out of 7.5 as well :(

Well we are both out of luck then! :crying:
Good luck finding them at your local store!

babychi
10-07-2010, 09:44 AM

That's crazy you got two different sizes! I agree about the sizing. I typically wear a 7 but sized down to a 6.5 for these boots and they fit perfectly. I knew they would go out of stock soon based on the reviews on Target.com!

Beth24
10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm sitting here right now trying to figure out how to get to target today before I pick up my older kids at school. They have black and brown in my size online but I had my heart set on the grey!

arivecchi
10-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I ordered both the Target ones and the UGG Jillian boots. I am keeping the Uggs. The Target ones are really nice looking but the Uggs are so warm and comfy. I usually wear 8.5-9 shoes and ordered an 8.5 from Target. The fit was ok but I would not have had room for thick socks, so a 9 would have worked better for me.

The Uggs have a removable insole so you can wear them with or without socks.

Beth24
10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I ordered both the Target ones and the UGG Jillian boots. I am keeping the Uggs. The Target ones are really nice looking but the Uggs are so warm and comfy. I usually wear 8.5-9 shoes and ordered an 8.5 from Target. The fit was ok but I would not have had room for thick socks, so a 9 would have worked better for me.

The Uggs have a removable insole so you can wear them with or without socks.

Oh you are tempting me!!! Why does the Jillian have to come in grey???

Beth24
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Arivecchi, in case I succumb and order the Jillian boots did you get an 8.5 or 9? Any thoughts on the sizing?

arivecchi
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I actually ordered both sizes from Zappos so I could compare as there are no reviews out yet.

I think they run TTS. The 8.5s looks tighter/cleaner around the leg but because of that, I did not find them as comfy as the 9s. I kept the 9s even though they have a bit more of a slouchy look to them compared to the 8.5s (hardly noticeable but I am OCD about things like that). The color of the boot is amazing - really rich-looking. The boots are really beautiful and well-made. I am sure I will wear them to death.

Beth24
10-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I love the Uggs I have, and they have held up well, especially the more structured styles. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that they are almost $200 more than the target boots. The funny thing is I didn't even realize how badly I "needed" grey boots until I read about them here, thought the price was a no brainer, and ordered them. And now I'm so obsessed I'm ready to replace my mismatched Target boots with the more costly Uggs! There is something wrong with my thought process here!

DrSally
10-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I went to Target today and saw the gray (they had size 9 and 6 left). The gray is really nice a subtle neutral. I aske the SA to look up if any other store had them and she said there are 3 pair of size 8 at another nearby Target. So, if you go and they don't have your size, as a SA and they'll use their handheld computer to search other stores. Plan to go after DD's nap. Online, you can't look for a specific size using the store search feature if that size is OOS online (or I haven't figured it out). I don't know where people are getting 1/2 sizes b/c they don't have them at stores or show up online.

arivecchi
10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that they are almost $200 more than the target boots. The funny thing is I didn't even realize how badly I "needed" grey boots until I read about them here, thought the price was a no brainer, and ordered them. And now I'm so obsessed I'm ready to replace my mismatched Target boots with the more costly Uggs! There is something wrong with my tonight process here! I hear ya! I was so tempted by the Target boots but I keep my shoes forever so I figured it made more sense to get the ones I thought would last longer. You can't go wrong with either one. The Target boots deliver amazing value for your buck!

DrSally
10-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Assuming I can find these gray boots, what else would you wear them with besides black? I *gasp* bought some black jeggings today for $14 on clearance. The material is really soft and stretchy, so they're not as hideously tight as they might seem on the hanger.

babychi
10-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Assuming I can find these gray boots, what else would you wear them with besides black? I *gasp* bought some black jeggings today for $14 on clearance. The material is really soft and stretchy, so they're not as hideously tight as they might seem on the hanger.

I wear a lot of grey and black and the grey boots also look great with other dark colors (plum, navy, a deep dark teal, etc.). Those jeggings sound like a great match for the boots if you can find them!

DrSally
10-07-2010, 08:32 PM
So, I went to the Target that had the size 8 today and tried them on. They were fine length wise,but tight b/c I have wide feet, so, I think I need an 8.5. I was able to figure out how to check stores online for the OOS sizes, and one store 20 min away supposedly had it. Nope. I was not happy with all that driving for nothing. Beware, if it says "Limited stock", that they may not have it. I'm losing my drive to get these boots. If they come back in stock online, I'll get them.

groundhog74
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Oooh, I want these... http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=505333&CategoryID=25131
I don't know if I could wear something that expensive on my feet though.

Melaine
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Tried the Target boots and really really liked them! I wanted to buy but with all the birthday expenses this month wasn't sure I could justify. I also tried on the western boots and want those too!

DrSally
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Oooh, I want these... http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=505333&CategoryID=25131
I don't know if I could wear something that expensive on my feet though.

Those look really nice. I've seen similar styles at lesser prices, although I'm sure the Coach has a luxurious feel. Have you checked DSW?

groundhog74
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, at this point I am looking for boots for my parents to buy me for Hanukkah. lol So a department store would be better, but I will check out DSW.

Beth24
10-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Just want to let anyone who was interested in the Target grey suede Kamischel boots they are back in stock in all sizes. They won't ship for a couple weeks but they cah be ordered now.

groundhog74
10-14-2010, 01:34 PM
So I tried on the best boots today! But, they aren't tall. And for some reason I can only find them one place online. So can I wear these with leggings, skinny jeans and skirts? Also can you find them anywhere else online? I tried them on at Von Maur but I don't see them on their site.

http://www.eileenfisher.com/EileenFisher/Shop_By_Item/Shoes/PRD_GS00365L3/Gentle+Souls+by+Kenneth+Cole+Buckled+Up+Boot.jsp?b mLocale=en_US

oneplustwo
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I've heard great things about Gentle Souls. Those look really nice! Definitely could wear them with skinny jeans or leggings. For skirts, I think it could work too, but depends on the length of the skirt. Shorter would be better ~ like at or a little above the knee, maybe?

jent
10-14-2010, 01:44 PM
For anyone still looking for comfy boots, I just got these:
http://www.zappos.com/keen-bern-baby-bern-boot-oak
http://www.titlenine.com/product/womens-casual-shoes-accessories/womens-winter-boots/909827.do?sortby=ourPicks
(I included the title 9 pic because it shows how the boots look a bit better)

They are awesome! Comfortable, look great, and I got tons of compliments. One woman even stopped me and wrote down the name of the boots so she could look them up herself.

groundhog74
10-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Those were the original ones I wanted. Hmm, I don't know if any B&M stores have those Keens though.

citymama
10-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I will confess I have not read the 58 messages between this one and the original post. BUT, if we're talking comfy tall boots, I just saw these from TEVA and given how darn comfy my Teva sandals are, and how stylish these look, I'm considering giving them a try!

http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1174498

DrSally
10-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Just want to let anyone who was interested in the Target grey suede Kamischel boots they are back in stock in all sizes. They won't ship for a couple weeks but they cah be ordered now.

Thanks for posting. My mom just picked them up for me at her Target, as they were the only ones in the state that had them.

groundhog74
10-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Okay, these are my top two. They are both comfy and cute on. What do you think?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3119010?origin=category&resultback=883

http://www.eileenfisher.com/EileenFisher/Shop_By_Item/Shoes/PRD_GS00365L3/Gentle+Souls+by+Kenneth+Cole+Buckled+Up+Boot.jsp?b mLocale=en_US

I think these are pretty too, but I can't find them in a store plus they are expensive.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=505333&CategoryID=41816

oneplustwo
10-15-2010, 08:22 PM
If it helps, I've tried on a lot of Coach shoes (at Nordstrom Rack) and haven't found them to be very comfortable in general.

An SA in the shoe dept. at Nordstrom was raving about those Born boots; she said she was planning to get them herself. I ran out of time and wasn't able to try them on, but Born is known for their quality.

I think both pairs are awesome, and I don't think you can go wrong with either. Which do you think you would get more wear out of?

fivi2
10-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Okay, these are my top two. They are both comfy and cute on. What do you think?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3119010?origin=category&resultback=883

I think these are pretty too, but I can't find them in a store plus they are expensive.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=505333&CategoryID=41816

I love the second pair (gentle souls). They are what I would get!

nupe
10-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Someone mentioned Born boots.

I love love love my born boots, and I have quite acollection, including booties/shooties, to above the ankle (short) and up the knee styles. My favorite are a shearling style, more supportive than the uggs i tried at the time, and oh so warm! My favorite pair of borns I bought 3 years ago and they are worn at least once weekly once it gets chilly (I love skirts with boots) and they are still fabulous!

I think these *might* be the same style as my favorite pair:
http://www.garnethill.com/b-26-23248-3brn-heeled-boot/shop-by-brand/born/12238

Has anyone tried the Sorel Joan of Arctic? I really wanted this boot last year, but never got around to ordering.

nupe
10-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I have not liked gentle souls footbed, and I've tried sandals and clogs, not boots...

groundhog74
11-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Okay, somehow in my quest for tall black boots I decided I need brown too. lol

I just got these and like them so far...
http://bit.ly/bdstl1

I still think for the black ones I will wind up getting...
http://www.bornshoes.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=5416

nupe
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Groundhog:

How do you like the footbed of the gentle souls boot? I'm wondering if I just got a bad pair.

I love the straps/buckles of the Born Gwynne. The heel is very tame too and it looks very comfy.

niccig
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
So I'm late to the target boot party, but I'm going out tomorrow to a couple near us that *apparently* still have them in stock - don't know about my size - I need a 6.5 and there's only a 6 online - I don't think I can get away with a 6. Fingers crossed, or maybe they'll restock AGAIN.

DrSally
11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
So I'm late to the target boot party, but I'm going out tomorrow to a couple near us that *apparently* still have them in stock - don't know about my size - I need a 6.5 and there's only a 6 online - I don't think I can get away with a 6. Fingers crossed, or maybe they'll restock AGAIN.

I hope they have them for you. When I drove 30 min to a store that supposedly had my size in stock, they didn't have a single boot in that style! Online it said "limited availability", which apparently means that they're on clearance. The other stores were true to what they listed online as avail in store. I really love my gray ones, but I'm finding that I have a lot of charcoal tops , so I don't want to wear grey top, grey leggins/jeggings, and gray boots. I wore gray top, black leggings, gray boots, and it totally broke up the line and made me look shorter than I already am. I suppose I should stick to black (or a color) top, gray leggings, gray boots. Either that, or I need to get some black boots (still looking).

groundhog74
11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Nupe, I have only tried the boots and they have both been comfy. I haven't worn them out yet though.

niccig
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I hope they have them for you. When I drove 30 min to a store that supposedly had my size in stock, they didn't have a single boot in that style! Online it said "limited availability", which apparently means that they're on clearance. The other stores were true to what they listed online as avail in store. I really love my gray ones, but I'm finding that I have a lot of charcoal tops , so I don't want to wear grey top, grey leggins/jeggings, and gray boots. I wore gray top, black leggings, gray boots, and it totally broke up the line and made me look shorter than I already am. I suppose I should stick to black (or a color) top, gray leggings, gray boots. Either that, or I need to get some black boots (still looking).

I found a pair. I had read an earlier post about the "limited availability" so I went to the target that said it was available. They had several sizes and I know why - the shoe section was an absolute MESS. All the different boots were mixed up in different boxes and were spread over an entire aisle. It was difficult to find what you wanted, and I can imagine many people give up. I kept hunting and found a pair in my size. I think they're going to work with my new cords, jeans and I ordered the athleta cord skirt others rave about in the pink and black (will only keep one colour).

I too need a black pair of boots...I'll keep hunting.

ett
11-03-2010, 11:17 PM
So I was at Target today and decided to see if they had the suede Target boots in my size. Not really to buy but just to try them on since everyone here has been raving about them. Well, I found one in my size and tried it on, and it was so comfortable. It was the gray pair and I don't have any gray boots sooo ... I bought them. :bag I'm really, really done boot shopping since I now have a black, brown, and gray pair. I will not try on any more boots. I did have a $5 off Merona coupon so that helped.

PSA for today - if you don't plan on buying, don't try them on.

bubbaray
11-04-2010, 12:43 AM
I just received these 2 boots from DSW:

Bare Traps Catchy (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=371604&page=8)in brown with light faux shearling

Kelly & Katie Jackee (http://www.dsw.com/shoe/kelly+.and.+katie+jackee+boot?prodId=208985&productRef=SEARCH) in black

They are both very cute. The Bare Traps ones are soooooo plush and comfy, even with the heel. The Jackees are very nice, a bit low (but will look cute) and they run narrow.

I tried the Target ones on, but they were too wide in my calf and just a bit more clunky than I wanted.

babychi
11-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm glad the Target boots are working out for most of those who purchased! I have had both the gray and black now for 2 months and LOVE them...they are super comfy and casual and you can't beat the price! :)

DrSally
11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
So I was at Target today and decided to see if they had the suede Target boots in my size. Not really to buy but just to try them on since everyone here has been raving about them. Well, I found one in my size and tried it on, and it was so comfortable. It was the gray pair and I don't have any gray boots sooo ... I bought them. :bag I'm really, really done boot shopping since I now have a black, brown, and gray pair. I will not try on any more boots. I did have a $5 off Merona coupon so that helped.

PSA for today - if you don't plan on buying, don't try them on.

$35 is not bad for a pair of real suede boots. I've been considering buying the black since I can't find a pair of black leather ones I want to get. If I run across a $5 coupon, I'll prob snatch them up for sure.

DrSally
11-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I just received these 2 boots from DSW:

Bare Traps Catchy (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=371604&page=8)in brown with light faux shearling

Kelly & Katie Jackee (http://www.dsw.com/shoe/kelly+.and.+katie+jackee+boot?prodId=208985&productRef=SEARCH) in black

They are both very cute. The Bare Traps ones are soooooo plush and comfy, even with the heel. The Jackees are very nice, a bit low (but will look cute) and they run narrow.

I tried the Target ones on, but they were too wide in my calf and just a bit more clunky than I wanted.

The bear traps link isn't working, but I think I know which ones you're talking about. I agree that the Target ones are a bit clunky, but great if you want something more casual. Also, they fit my wider calves, so that's nice.

ett
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
$35 is not bad for a pair of real suede boots. I've been considering buying the black since I can't find a pair of black leather ones I want to get. If I run across a $5 coupon, I'll prob snatch them up for sure.

The $5 coupon was in the November Real Simple issue. I know $35 is a great price, I just don't know what DH will say when he sees all these new pairs of boots. :)

DrSally
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
The $5 coupon was in the November Real Simple issue. I know $35 is a great price, I just don't know what DH will say when he sees all these new pairs of boots. :)

Thanks for the tip on the coupon. I think I still get Real Simple, but haven't looked at that issue yet. I know what you mean about feeling guilty for all the purchases though (and Xmas shopping hasn't even started).

Babymakes3
11-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Yay! I hit my Super Target today which is the only Target that shows them in stock for almost 50 miles and found "the boots" in my size! They are super cute and comfy!

daisymommy
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
While at Target today, looking for "the boots" I came across these:
http://www.target.com/Xhilaration-Karima-Leather-Boots-Brown/dp/B003DPYHFS/ref=sc_confirm_pd_gwb_3

in brown and black. Oh dear. Now I feel the need for yet two more pairs of boots! ;) They look really nice in person, very thick leather, and quite comfortable, especially for wide feet like mine.

Now I can't decide what to narrow it down to!

UPDATE:
Okay, so I ordered the above boots, along with a black pair of the Kamischel boots. The above Karima boots were not at all comfortable (they might have just been the wrong size--but they were the same size as the Kamischel's and were not comfy.). But they also looked really cheap in comparison. So, my wallet is happy to say I am only keeping the suede Kamischel's (the favorite boot here).