PDA

View Full Version : How can I take in DS's pants w/o sewing?

catpagmo
09-16-2010, 06:46 PM
DS is very skinny. He's not on the growth charts. He has a pair of pants he has to wear tomorrow that are not adjustable waist. They're elastic waist, and are slightly too loose. Is there any crafty way to cinch in the waist without sewing? I'm so not crafty!

Thanks for any tips!

Andi98989
09-16-2010, 07:58 PM
The only thing that I can think of is to use a safety pin. When I used to have that problem (a long, long time ago :) ), I would take up the slack in the waist by making a "z" fold and putting a few stitches in to hold it. It was nothing fancy; I just did it by hand. It was nice because it was easy to take those stitches out later and the pants would have the full waist.

c&j04
09-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah, safety pin is the only thing I've been able to come up with!

LMPC
09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Me too -- I was thinking safety pin. You could do one on each side if you didn't want it to bunch too much. If you are worried about a choking hazard of the pin, you could just fold the pants over as if you were going to pin them, and put a little loop stitch in it. Nothing fancy, but it would hold for the time being. It sounds like you don't need to take them up too much, right?

catpagmo
09-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Me too -- I was thinking safety pin. You could do one on each side if you didn't want it to bunch too much. If you are worried about a choking hazard of the pin, you could just fold the pants over as if you were going to pin them, and put a little loop stitch in it. Nothing fancy, but it would hold for the time being. It sounds like you don't need to take them up too much, right?

Right. Just a little in the waist. I didn't want to use a pin, in case it came undone. I think I'll try to put a stitch or two in myself, and hope that it holds.

Thanks everyone!