PDA

View Full Version : Zoku Quick Pop Maker $34.99 at Williams Sonoma Using Number Trick

Melbel
09-16-2010, 10:44 PM
I have been wating for a price break on these for months (regularly $50). Our WS B&M store would not price match, so I went ahead and ordered online for DD1's birthday. It is still higher than I wanted to pay, but DD1 has been drooling over these forever. According to our local store, this is one of the stores best sellers and it garners rave reviews from the store's customers.

To get the discount, search Item #: 9-1742345

Extra sticks are also discounted: Zoku Quick Pop Sticks, Set of 6
Item #: 9-2516060 down from $12 to $8.

Product description:
Now you can create your own customized frozen pops, including cream-filled varieties, in as little as seven minutes. Simple and easy to use, our freezer ensures flavorful fun for the whole family.

Makes up to nine 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" pops (three 2-oz. pops at a time) before refreezing is required.
Nonstick cast-aluminum molds have a proprietary solution sealed inside their bases to enable rapid, uniform freezing.
A specially designed tool helps to quickly release the frozen treats from their molds.
Durable, reusable plastic pop sticks have unique ridged designs that allow pops to adhere securely.
Special drip guards promote tidy eating.
Includes base, remover tool, six reusable pop sticks and six reusable drip guards.
A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.

ETA: Link: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/zoku-quick-pop-maker/?pkey=k9-1742345&catalogId=9&sku=1742345 (if this link does not show the reduced price or does not work, you will need to go to the main page http://www.williams-sonoma.com/?cm_type=gnav and search with the item number 9-1742345)

Jenn850
09-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks for posting, I have been waiting for these to go on sale. Can you tell me about this 9 trick. Does that mean it is going to go on a published sale soon? Will it be on sale in the store? I hate to pay shipping.

Thanks!

Melbel
09-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks for posting, I have been waiting for these to go on sale. Can you tell me about this 9 trick. Does that mean it is going to go on a published sale soon? Will it be on sale in the store? I hate to pay shipping.

Thanks!

Our B&M store said they would not price match "special offers" online, but YMMV. I hate to pay shipping too, plus I am getting pretty close to DD1's birthday (I am hoping it will get here in time). Our B&M store also stated that they have never been on sale in 2 years (when they were first introduced). If I have time tomorrow, I may take my order confirmation into the other local store and attempt a price match. If successful, I could cancel my online order.

BeachBum
09-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Deleted

Should have read through the whole thread at SD first...they said deal is dead.

Multimama
09-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Was it the same deal this poster is talking about?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=371631

Worked for me!

Melbel
09-17-2010, 07:38 AM
It is the same deal (I am the OP for both) and it is still working fine. Try going to the main WS page http://www.williams-sonoma.com/?cm_type=gnav and search by the Item Number: 9-1742345

Multimama
09-17-2010, 07:50 AM
It is the same deal (I am the OP for both) and it is still working fine. Try going to the main WS page http://www.williams-sonoma.com/?cm_type=gnav and search by the Item Number: 9-1742345

Yeah, I see now that it doesn't work if you search for the item normally, but I used your link from the other thread and that worked for me. :)

jse107
09-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Purchased! Can't wait to try it!!!

nellonello
09-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks. I had a left over WS gift card with $6 and then 3% from UPromise, I went for this. It has been on my Amazon wish list for a few months.

katydid1971
09-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Just ordered it :thumbsup:. I've wanted this for awhile. I got the zoku and the extra sticks for $51** shipped. ($8.50 shipping :32:) Plus the 3% back for Upromise. More than I should spend on something that I can make with an ice cube tray and a box of toothpicks (as my mom pointed out) but I'm happy. Its my Birthday present :)

calebsmama03
09-18-2010, 12:49 AM
This is so tempting - I"ve been wanting one for a while. However there seems to be all LOVE or HATE reviews and lots of talk of the sticks breaking and the pops not removing. If this had been up when I had my free shipping offer last week I'd have considered it but now I'm gunshy about broken sticks and stuck pops. :(

natness
09-18-2010, 02:00 AM
How is it that I've gone from never hearing of this to wanting it desperately? Grrr. Thanks, OP.

mrshalco
09-18-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm walking away....saying "I don't need this....I don't need this!!!"

Melbel
09-18-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm walking away....saying "I don't need this....I don't need this!!!"

If it weren't for my daughter's obsession and difficulty thinking of gifts for her 9th birthday, I would have resisted. I think it will be a fun activity at her slumber party next weekend (only 6 girls). I also think it would be fun for playdates.

maybeebaby08
09-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks OP! I ve wanted this for awhile and can't wait to use it. DD loves popsicles and I think I ll ne able to sneak some veggies in some of the mixes. They price matched at my store so I got the base tool set and cookbook for $70.

Multimama
09-18-2010, 02:13 PM
I'd have considered it but now I'm gunshy about broken sticks and stuck pops. :(

I read those reviews too, but it seemed to me that it's possible that the stuck pops and (resulting?) broken sticks could be user error. It seems that if you overfill the molds the pops get stuck. Also I read that if you don't use a sugary something to make your pops they will get stuck too. So I decided to get one on the basis of the positive reviews for that friend who has everything (but needs this!). :)

just_teachin
09-18-2010, 08:14 PM
We got it in August when it was $35 and with free shipping. Having read the comments about broken sticks, I grabbed an extra set... and haven't needed them at all. We've done pudding with extra milk and they came out beautifully. We did apple juice with sliced grapes placed in first - also beautiful.

I think either the poor reviewers got duds or it was user error. We LOVE ours!

army_mom
09-19-2010, 10:01 AM
pulling the trigger on this one! been waiting for it to go on sale and there area few other things I need at WS to help justify shipping...

maybeebaby08
09-19-2010, 11:00 AM
DD & I just made pops, I m in love! It's so easy and simple to use and so much healthier! I threw some apple juice and frozen blueberries in and they came out perfect! Thanks again OP!

alien_host
09-26-2010, 09:38 AM
I wanted to thank the OP! My local store agreed to price match and we just made our first pops the other day after school.

I love it because DD has food allergies so I can make her something special and safe. DD really loved it. I also love how I can use 100% juice w.out food dye etc.

Overall a thumbs up!

For those who got the "cookbook" with it, is it worth it to have the book?

maybeebaby08
09-26-2010, 10:59 AM
I like the cookbook, its got some good recipes but I actually haven't tried them yet. I got the tool kit and I think that's worth every penny for the measuring cup and siphon.

Melbel
09-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I am jealous of those who were able to get a local price match because I despise paying for shipping. We are still very happy with the purchase.

We used ours today, and it worked great! The kids were very excited to make there own popsicles and have near instant gratification. DD1 received the cookbook as a birthday gift, so we will definitely try some of the recipes and post back to favorites.

Unfortunately, the deal is dead now (they are back up to full price even using the "9" number trick).

monker
09-26-2010, 12:38 PM
I just pulled it out of the box and washed it. We're having a heat wave so this will get some use this week!

Hannah

blisstwins
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I asked my kids if they would like to have a glass of OJ or an OJ pop. Then I showed them how to make the pops and they seriously thought it was Christmas. I did overfill the first time and they got stuck, but once I got the hang it was easy. This is a very cool product. Thanks again to all here.