PDA

View Full Version : Update in post 91:Baby Clara Birth Update (warning no loss but potentially upsetting)

sste
09-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry for the long delay but Clara and I are still in the hospital and I haven't been able to get to the internet! WARNING: I want to update everyone but am very worried that some posters do not need to hear this particular story right before their own deliveries. So, if you are in this category please stop reading with: Baby Clara was born at 10.5 lbs on Tuesday morning and we will both soon be able to leave the hospital. :)
--------------------------------
OK, so when we last left off I had managed to be 41 weeks 6 days, no dilation, cervix totally posterior, what was sadly an accurate ultrasound read of 10.5 baby, transverse, pitocin-induction v-bac. My OB correctly judged that the pitocin contractions would likely realign the baby and we got her head down after a few hours. After consulting with ob, doula, and nurses the concensus was that 10.5 was big but 10.5 babies delivered all the time and not alone a contraindication for vbac and I was actually in good shape with the baby repositioned. So, posters I went through the whole labor - - about 18 hours. I did three hours of active labor with no meds, which was brutal on a very slow and low level pitocin induction starting from a ground zero cervix, with no epidural but it did dilate me almost totally. At that point I used a low-dose epidural (thank g*d as it turns out). So, by Tuesday morning I was fully effaced and dilated and everyone thought about an hour to go. My OB was driving in while we waited for her to labor down and drop. I could feel her head about 2-3 inches from the outside, I was that close!

And then I had a freak rupture of my uterus. Actually NOT a vbac complication since I didn't tear at the scar. Pitocin of course increases the odds of any tears but I had a very low-level, carefully and continously monitored induction. My OB's old repair held up to that induction. Instead, I tore vertically about 5-6 inches up my uterus near the cervix. I was in pain and then Clara's heart rate de-accelerated a few times and re-positioning did not help. A very seasoned labor and delivery nurse grabbed my bed and ran for the OR. At this point, Clara was in my abdominal cavity, not uterus anymore, basically among my internal organs since the uterus was torn so badly and her oxygen was compromised. Everyone was yelling. I was very fortunate that my team caught the tear instantly, got me to the OR in under 2 minutes, and there was a maternal-fetal medicine attending doctor on the floor who cut her out. From the first heart deceleration to her being removed was under 10 minutes.

But they didn't have time to put me under general or even effectively increase my low-level laboring epidural . . . they did something injectable for the incision but getting her out of my abdominal cavity was a pain that I can barely think about. My husband could hear my screams all the way down the hall and from what I recall through the shock it made active labor on pitocin seem like a spa treatment. My OB then arrived, I went under general and my OB did the repair and for lack of better terminology some straightening out of my internal organs. I woke up from general with my husband sobbing on pillow that he thought he had lost me and the maternal-fetal medicine doctor telling me no more babies and it was a miracle a tear that big hadn't hit the uterine vessels and caused me to bleed to death.

So, I know that sounds pretty bad but really it is a miracle that Clara and I are both alive and I am very grateful. Everyone thinks the odds are about 99% that Clara has no brain damage and will be fine. She spent two days in the NICU because of her initial apgar and blood gas but her five minute apgar was an 8. I am in fairly rough shape but will be fine. I can't carry more babies (at least not without giant risk) and it is fairly devastating to have that option for more pregnancies gone.

But, overall, I am very, very lucky. And extremely grateful to all of you for your support. :)

mommylamb
09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Oh my goodness... What a terrifying story. I am so glad that you are both ok.:grouphug:

SnuggleBuggles
09-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the world, baby Clara!

I am so sorry for the scary, complicated experience you had! I am so glad that you and she are safe. I am so sorry for the loss of potentially having more kids. :hug: What a hard, hard thing to go through. I hope that there are no greater hurdles after this for you and your little family.

Beth

DietCokeLover
09-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I am bawling my eyes out at your story. What a miracle that you are both doing as well as you are. I'm sorry to hear you are nit recommended to have more children. It sounds like this is disappointing news for you. Many &pts for you and your little one.

missym
09-17-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thank goodness you and Clara are both safe. :hug::hug:

Welcome to the world, Clara! :heartbeat:

WatchingThemGrow
Wow. :crying: SO glad you are both okay. What an intense experience. Lots of P&PT for your recovery from your labor and delivery.

Please give baby Clara a hug and enjoy her!! Glad you both had the medical care you needed. just wow...

arivecchi
Glad you and the baby are fine. :hug:

cindys
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Welcome Baby Ciara!

Mommy, your story has me tearing up....How scary for all of you!

Glad you are both okay!!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

bubbaray
09-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Wow, so so happy to hear you are both OK. What a miracle!

Welcome Clara! :heartbeat:

wendibird22
09-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Wow! All I can say is wow! They say no on gets a blue ribbon for giving birth but seriously you deserve one. I am so glad that you both are ok. I hope that you are both home soon.

infocrazy
09-17-2010, 03:08 PM
:47: Wow.

Thank goodness you are both doing well!

ThreeofUs
09-17-2010, 03:09 PM
:hug: Sweetie, you are one lucky mama that you are both okay. I'm in tears for you myself. TG for that experienced nurse! :hug:

Welcome to the world, baby Clara!

The rest is just FWIW.

Do you have someone experienced (like a pp doula) coming in to help you after you get home? Hope so.

DS1 and I had an awful birth experience, and I know from experience how nice an emergency c with a certain lack of pain meds can feel. I was still shaken from the experience a year later, and in retrospect should have talked to a therapist about it.

elektra
09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
So glad to hear that you and baby Clara are doing ok now.
What an ordeal. Big hugs for your recovery.

Fairy
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM
What a miracle! Mazel tov, sste! I am so glad to hear u r both ok. Sending positive thoughts and know u will all thrive!

Cannot fathom of your delivery. Holy jeez. U r a miracle, yourself.

larig
09-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, sounds like you had the right team! I am so glad you are both recovering! Hope everyone has a chance to rest and enjoy your new little girl. hugs to you all!

citymama
09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I too was shaking as I read this.

sste and Clara, I am so glad you are both OK. What a tough journey into this world! I hope she has a smooth ride through her first months of life and beyond. Sending HUGE P&PT to you both and best wishes for everything. I hope you get to rest up and enjoy her, and I hope she THRIVES. Congratulations - and what a beautiful name!

mom2MandC
WOW!! Congratulations on your little girl! Clara is a beautiful name! I am so sorry to hear of the long, traumatic ordeal your family had to go through and pray that you are able to recovery as quickly as possible and enjoy your new little miracle!

g-mama
OMG, I am so glad you are both okay. What a miracle. Enjoy your beautiful baby girl now. :hug:

MamaSnoo
09-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Wow! I am glad to hear that you and Clara are on a road toward recovery. What a harrowing story! I am sad to hear that they have advised you that you should not have more pregnancies.

Big hugs to you and your whole family!

oneontheway
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Wow, that is amazing. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it sounds terrifying. Thank goodness your darling Clara and you are going to make full recoveries!

Clarity
09-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the long delay but Clara and I are still in the hospital and I haven't been able to get to the internet! WARNING: I want to update everyone but am very worried that some posters do not need to hear this particular story right before their own deliveries. So, if you are in this category please stop reading with: Baby Clara was born at 10.5 lbs on Tuesday morning and we will both soon be able to leave the hospital. :)
--------------------------------
OK, so when we last left off I had managed to be 41 weeks 6 days, no dilation, cervix totally posterior, what was sadly an accurate ultrasound read of 10.5 baby, transverse, pitocin-induction v-bac. My OB correctly judged that the pitocin contractions would likely realign the baby and we got her head down after a few hours. After consulting with ob, doula, and nurses the concensus was that 10.5 was big but 10.5 babies delivered all the time and not alone a contraindication for vbac and I was actually in good shape with the baby repositioned. So, posters I went through the whole labor - - about 18 hours. I did three hours of active labor with no meds, which was brutal on a very slow and low level pitocin induction starting from a ground zero cervix, with no epidural but it did dilate me almost totally. At that point I used a low-dose epidural (thank g*d as it turns out). So, by Tuesday morning I was fully effaced and dilated and everyone thought about an hour to go. My OB was driving in while we waited for her to labor down and drop. I could feel her head about 2-3 inches from the outside, I was that close!

And then I had a freak rupture of my uterus. Actually NOT a vbac complication since I didn't tear at the scar. Pitocin of course increases the odds of any tears but I had a very low-level, carefully and continously monitored induction. My OB's old repair held up to that induction. Instead, I tore vertically about 5-6 inches up my uterus near the cervix. I was in pain and then Clara's heart rate de-accelerated a few times and re-positioning did not help. A very seasoned labor and delivery nurse grabbed my bed and ran for the OR. At this point, Clara was in my abdominal cavity, not uterus anymore, basically among my internal organs since the uterus was torn so badly and her oxygen was compromised. Everyone was yelling. I was very fortunate that my team caught the tear instantly, got me to the OR in under 2 minutes, and there was a maternal-fetal medicine attending doctor on the floor who cut her out. From the first heart deceleration to her being removed was under 10 minutes.

But they didn't have time to put me under general or even effectively increase my low-level laboring epidural . . . they did something injectable for the incision but getting her out of my abdominal cavity was a pain that I can barely think about. My husband could hear my screams all the way down the hall and from what I recall through the shock it made active labor on pitocin seem like a spa treatment. My OB then arrived, I went under general and my OB did the repair and for lack of better terminology some straightening out of my internal organs. I woke up from general with my husband sobbing on pillow that he thought he had lost me and the maternal-fetal medicine doctor telling me no more babies and it was a miracle a tear that big hadn't hit the uterine vessels and caused me to bleed to death.

So, I know that sounds pretty bad but really it is a miracle that Clara and I are both alive and I am very grateful. Everyone thinks the odds are about 99% that Clara has no brain damage and will be fine. She spent two days in the NICU because of her initial apgar and blood gas but her five minute apgar was an 8. I am in fairly rough shape but will be fine. I can't carry more babies (at least not without giant risk) and it is fairly devastating to have that option for more pregnancies gone.

But, overall, I am very, very lucky. And extremely grateful to all of you for your support. :)

Oh.Wow. I am so glad to hear that both of you came through this and that you are steadily improving. I think we've all been worrying about you and I was relieved to see your post. Sending prayers and healing thoughts to you and Clara both. :22:

Dream
09-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm so glad and happy that it worked out for both of you and you all are safe and sound. Such a scary situation to be in. :hug:

Even after reading your warning I just had to continue. And I wish I hadn't. As I'll be attempting VBAC with this pregnancy against my family and my DH wishes. Hopefully I'll have forgotten about this in 6 months time.

egoldber
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I am shaking for you. I am so glad that you are all OK. I don't know if I have ever shared my story with you and I deliberately did not mention it during your posts because I did not want to scare you. We lost my DD Leah due to a uterine rupture very similar to yours. Like you, she was in my abdominal cavity. But her oxygen was too compromised. :( I am so thankful your story did not end like mine. :hug:

If you want info about a uterine rupture support group (for women whose children survived as well as those who did not) I can give you info about that too.

While I know that this may not even be on your mind now, Amy is my post rupture baby. It is possible and many others have done it. If this is something you ever feel in the future you may ever want to think about, I am happy to tell you what I know.

Please feel free to PM me.

mousemom
09-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I am so glad that you and baby Clara are both alive and recovering. I am so sorry that you (and your husband) had to go through that though. I hope that you have/can find someone who can help you process both what happened to you and your sadness over suddenly losing the option to have another child (at least without major risk). I know I would need that. :hug:

TwinFoxes
09-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't know whether to cry, or be happy for you. I'll go with be happy because it looks like things will be OK. Oh my goodness. I thought I had a rough time, but...oh my goodness. Many hugs to you and your little miracle. :hug:

bnme
09-17-2010, 04:10 PM
:hug:
I am so happy for you and your family. What a blessing that everything turned out so positive. Congratulations!

truly scrumptious
09-17-2010, 04:16 PM
I literally had tears in my eyes reading your story. I am so thankful to hear you both have come through it okay. A big hug to you to welcome little Clara to this world, and another one to mourn the goodbye to future babies. All the more reason she is a little miracle.

:hug: to you all, including your DS and your poor DH who had quite a rought time with the scare, too.

AnnieW625
09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
I am soo glad things worked out and Clara made it into the world, and that you both are alive, and well. Hugs to you, and your entire family.

MontrealMum
09-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Will write more later, but glad you're all OK :hug:

jerigirl
09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow! Just Wow! What a miracle! You and your family are in my thoughts. Enjoy your new little one!

GonnaBeNana
09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanking God for your miracle! Blessings to baby Clara and your family.

Beth

LarsMal
09-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Wow! What a frightening situation. I am so glad you are both okay. Welcome to the world, baby Clara. Take care of yourself, mama, and enjoy every moment with your little miracle. Sending lots of :hug: your way!

ETA: Oh, and give your DH a big hug, too. Poor guy! How scary for him.

cindys
09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
ETA: Oh, and give your DH a big hug, too. Poor guy! How scary for him. :yeahthat:

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Sweetum
09-17-2010, 05:13 PM
WOW! Soooo glad you're ok...happy that the family is safe...congratulations and welcome, Clara!

wellyes
09-17-2010, 05:32 PM
I still have chills from your story. That is..... oh my goodness. You have been through so much.

Congratulations congratulations congratulations and I love the name Clara!

MontrealMum
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
I just wanted to come back and say that I am so very sorry for what you went through. I cannot even imagine. And I'm also so very happy that you and Baby Clara are OK. LOVE the name! And congratulations on your new little bundle of joy :yay:

Beckylove
09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
I am bawling-- I am so sorry for your terrifying experience.

I am so happy that you and baby Clara are ok and I pray for an uneventful recovery. Give that DH extra hugs-- you can both use them.

daphne
09-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Wow. I'm tearing up reading your story. I can't believe the ordeal that you all went through! Through it all, though, you still manage to be supportive toward vbacs (by making it clear that the rupture was unrelated) - i have such respect for you!
I'm so glad that you & baby Clara are ok!

DrSally
09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow, I'm so glad you are both ok!

WolfpackMom
09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh my goodness what a scary thing for you and your DH to go through! Im so glad you and baby Clara are doing well now and I wish you a speedy recovery from surgery. :hug:
Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!

MoJo
09-17-2010, 06:13 PM
:grouphug: for your whole family. . . . that story was much scarier than nearly all I've heard or read.

I do thank God for bringing both of you through all that, and will pray for your healing, physically and otherwise. Your attitude is amazing.

Welcome, Clara!

ohiomom1121
09-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Wow, how scary!!! Thank goodness you had a great hospital staff. Welcome to the world baby Clara. I hope you get some much deserved rest.

Indianamom2
09-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Wow. I am so glad you and Clara made it through all that. I cannot image what that must have been like. I'm so thankful that you had good medical care.

Take excellent care of yourself and that new little girl and don't over-do it. You deserve a very long and luxurious break.

Melbel
09-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I am so sorry that Clara's arrival was so traumatic and that you have lost the option to carry additional pregnancies. Your outcome sounds like a true miracle in so many respects. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending hugs to your family.

Roni
09-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I had to stop reading before the end, but I'm so glad that you and your little one are okay. Hugs!

daisymommy
09-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh.My.Gosh.
I am shocked.
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. And I am so glad and relieved for you that you are okay, and that your baby is okay as well. You are an amazing woman! Please let everyone take care of you for a good long while. You deserve it!

Blessings to you...

heatherlynn
09-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow. :bowdown: So glad you're both ok. Welcome Clara!

Kitten007
09-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Thank god you and baby are alright. I felt my heart racing and started crying reading what you went through. You and Clara are true miracles! Tough mama and tough baby girl! Praying for a speedy recovery and praying for your entire family. Thank god! So happy you are doing good!

resipsaloquitur
09-17-2010, 08:08 PM
What a jumble of emotions I feel just reading your post- I can't imagin how you feel living through it. So blessed that Clara is okay but sad for the loss of future possibilities.

KrisM
09-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh, wow. I too had tears reading your post. I am so happy to read that you and Clara will be okay.

ourbabygirl
09-17-2010, 08:38 PM
:yeahthat: to what everyone has already said... you are such a strong person, and so brave. :hug: Your son and little Clara are so lucky to have you as their mommy, and your DH is so lucky to have you as his wife (which he obviously knows)! So glad the doctors and nurses could take care of you in time and helped give you a positive outcome!
Thank you for the update pre-delivery, and especially for this one (I'm 36+ weeks along, but couldn't help but read your story)... I can only imagine all the physical and emotional pain you've been going through this week, and I hope things start looking up soon and that all your loved ones really pitch in to help! :) Remember that we're also here to provide whatever back-up support we can!

KathyN115
09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I just wanted to add my well wishes. So glad that you and Clara made it through that terrible ordeal. Hope there is smooth sailing from here on!!

LMPC
09-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Sending you lots of healing thoughts that you and Clara continue to do well! Congratulations on so many different levels! Peace and happiness for you and your family!

liamsmom
09-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm glad you're ok. I'm sorry you and DH had to go through that. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. :love5:

Swimfreak78
09-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Congratulations on your new addition. I hope you and baby Clara are recovery well. Feel better! :grouphug:

BTW - if it were me, I'd send a thank you note to the L&D nurses who acted so quickly! It sounds like they had a big impact on your wonderful outcome. :-)

hellokitty
09-17-2010, 09:28 PM
OMG, I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that! I am glad that you are both ok, but wow. Congrats on the arrival of Clara and :hug: for getting through such a rough birth. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

scriptkitten
09-17-2010, 09:40 PM
holy wow. i'm so glad you are all okay.

vludmilla
09-17-2010, 10:06 PM
First, congratulations on baby Clara!
Second, holy cow. So glad you're both okay now and I wish you a comfortable, peaceful, speedy recovery.

Beth24
09-17-2010, 10:07 PM
:hug: Tearing up as I write this. So glad to hear you and Clara survived your ordeal and so sorry you had to go through it.

lovebebes
09-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Baby Clara had an angel watching over her, and her mama.:hug:

Hope you and your family can hold each other tightly in the days to follow and help each other forget the ugly and focus on the beautiful baby.

amandabea
09-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Thank God you and Clara are fine. Sending you healing thoughts. You are a strong woman and mommy! Congratulations on your little bundle of love and joy.

sunshine873
09-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Wow, wow and wow. What a birth story, and imagine...2 miracles in one family: you and Clara. I keep telling myself that a rough beginning means you get some easy follow-up time. It's worked for us, I hope it does for you too. Take care of yourself (you deserve time to heal both physically and mentally.) and congratulations on your new DD. Hugs to your whole family!

american_mama
09-17-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't think I've ever read a birth story like that. That is more complicated than anything I could have even imagined. How did the nurse know from the decelerations how serious it was? What a swirl of emotions you must be... maybe maelstrom is a better word. Congratulations on making it through, and may it draw your family closer together. Clara and you are a miracle, and bless the many people who helped bring you safely through.

goldenpig
09-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Holy cow sste, what an ordeal. That is so scary! I am so glad that you and baby Clara made it through safely. That is great that your medical team could react so quickly to the emergency and that both you and the baby are doing well now. It's really sad about the lost potential of future children, but I am so glad you and the baby are both OK. Hugs to you, baby and DH. Love her name, BTW. Congratulations to you and welcome little Clara!

PS egoldber, wow--I didn't know the story behind Leah's death...so sorry that you had the same problem and that she didn't make it. But I'm glad that you were able to have another baby after all that. That is amazing.

brgnmom
09-18-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm relieved to hear that you and your DD are in good hands. I'm so sorry how you experienced a uterine rupture and emergency surgery, and I'm amazed by how you handled it all. :hug: I hope that your loved ones will be there for you during this challenging time, and I wish you a healthy, full recovery. Congratulations on giving birth to your DD.

essnce629
09-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Omg, I have chills running up and down from reading your story. I'm so glad you are both ok and yes, what a miracle, for both of you. Sending you lots of healing vibes.

Beth-- I definately thought of you reading this story as I will never forget Leah's birth story. You are a strong woman and I'm so glad that you and others were able to have more children after suffering a rupture. I know that you are still a big advocate for VBACs. (((HUGS))) to you.

Drag0nflygirl
09-18-2010, 07:22 AM
God bless and I'm so glad you're both ok.

Puddy73
09-18-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm so glad that you are both okay! Sending P & PT for your continued recovery.

luckytwenty
09-18-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm so so glad you're OK and very sorry for what you went through. Welcome to Baby Clara.

LD92599
09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Wow, truly a miracle. Congrats on baby clara. Truly, truly a miracle.

shoxie
09-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I hope you're slowly starting to recover and am so glad that you and Baby Clara made it through such an ordeal...thank goodness for the nurse's quick thinking.

Lots of hugs and PT coming your way. I hope you can rest and have a peaceful and swift recovery! :hug:

boltfam
09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you and baby Clara had such a tough delivery but am glad that you both made it through!:grouphug: Best wishes for a swift recovery. Enjoy your precious baby!

Snow mom
09-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Wow, welcome baby Clara. I'm so sorry that the birth did not go as planned but thankful that you both have come through and will hopefully continue to mend. Please be gentle with yourself physically and emotionally as you adjust to what happened.

billysmommy
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Wow....I am so happy that they realized what was going on and that you and Clara are going to be fine. Enjoy your new little one

KpbS
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
What an incredible ordeal! I am so thankful that the two of you are alive and well. Please take it easy and get as much help as you possibly can for yourself and the baby. It will take time to heal and process the whole event. :hug: :hug: :hug:

misshollygolightly
09-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow. Just wow. And lots of :hug: to you and Clara!

set81616
09-18-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm so glad you are both doing ok. Here's to a speedy recovery.
S

Melaine
09-18-2010, 02:44 PM
YIKES! I'm so thankful that you and Clara made it through that ordeal and that you are recovering well. What a scary story, I'm not pregnant but I won't be forgetting that one.

bostonsmama
09-18-2010, 03:37 PM
I am so glad you and baby Clara survived, that your doctors and nurses were right there as you needed them, and that God protected you. However, I am so sorry for the loss you are dealing with now regarding carrying future babies. Do talk it over with your doctors once you're a couple months out and healing. I don't have anywhere near the same situation, but I was told that b/c I had a mass in my uterus (in the myometrial wall--the contracting portion and area most likely to rupture during labor) that I would never be allowed to labor or deliver vaginally. A panel of doctors convened on my behalf at the NIH (in conjunction w/ a team of leading reproductive endocrinologist at Walter Reed), and they wouldn't even let us do another IVF cycle b/c they didn't want me to get pg even. I conceived on my own, though, and the worry began. I believe a miracle was wrought in me (the mass is gone), and after months of concern by my doctors, my MFM has cleared me no less than 3 times for a vaginal delivery. So, even though my story has nothing to do with yours, I just wanted to let you know that with time, the opinions of trusted medical professionals *may* change as to whether or not they think it prudent to get pg again (esp w/ the scar tissue that will likely form due to the repair they had to make).

Thank you for sharing your story. Be well and blessings as your recover.

mommyp
09-18-2010, 09:35 PM
I am so glad to hear you are both recovering well. :hug: P&PT for continued speedy health. And welcome sweet baby!

gobadgers
09-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh my. Big big :hug:s for you and baby Clara (love that name)! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

maybeebaby08
09-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Congratulations on Clara's birth! So sorry to hear about your labor experience, but so happy to read you both made it through. Lots of P&PTs coming your way for a good & healthy recovery.

doberbrat
09-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Congrats and Welcome Clara.

Sending you healing and finding peace prayers....

niccig
09-19-2010, 12:20 AM
OMG...I'm :crying: over here thinking how lucky you and Clara are.

Welcome to the world little one, and give your Mama lots of time for recovery.

happymom
09-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Wow, that must have been so terrifying for you and for your DH. I cannot even imagine. You must feel so lucky to be holding your healthy, beautiful baby in your arms.

I had a terrifying birth (emergency c-section) with DD and about a month post-partum, my doula came to my house to talk it over with me. It had all happened so fast, and so much of it was a blur, that I really couldnt piece together what had happened exactly. The doula was so helpful in just going over the birth with me and explaining why things happened the way they did. It really gave me a certain sense of peace that I was missing until then.

All that to say, it may be a good idea to talk to someone about the birth once you have recovered.

Welcome to the world baby Clara! I am sure she will bring you so much joy, Sste. Wishing you a restful recovery. :hug:

cuca_
09-19-2010, 06:21 AM
What a scary ordeal!! I am glad both you and Baby Clara are doing well! I love her name!!

boogiemomz
09-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Oh my. I have chills all over my body. What an incredible, terrifying experience. Thank God you and Clara are both safe.

So sorry that you are dealing with the likelihood of no more babies in what is already an enormously emotional and difficult experience. Prayers for your peace and healing, both physical and emotional, and for those first sweet days of bonding with baby Clara. :hug:

By the way... I LOVE her name... Clara was on our short list. Beautiful!

Twoboos
09-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Congrats to you on baby Clara!

What a terrifying experience. I am glad everything worked out for you both.

TwoBees
09-20-2010, 09:39 AM
!!!!!

I am so glad you and your dd are doing fine. How scary! Someone was watching over you that day.

:grouphug:

Fairy
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
I just wanted to pipe in again to tell you that I'm thinking of you, I think we all are over here in BBB Land, and when you are feeling up to it, I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

Many hugs to you and baby Clara -- and your DH and DS at home!

-- Fairy :grouphug:

sste
09-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Everyone, we just got home from the hospital this weekend and things are going well so far for both of us. We have alot of help - - I think we terrified our inlaws and other previously laissez-faire relatives and they have descended to help, which is a very nice surprise. Also, Clara is now ebf-ing which I was worried about because I was blood transfused and she was on IV nutrition for two days. So, that is something to celebrate!

Thank you all so much. I was just blown away by all of the loving responses - - this thread is being printed out and glued to the first page of the journal I am keeping for Clara. Reading everyone's posts and good wishes was an oasis in a stressful time. I can't adequately convey my thanks.

Also, for dream and other v-bacers, I was worried this post might upset - - I do want to emphasize that in my particular case I ended up with a complication of vaginal birth, not vbac. My c-section scar was ironically the one thing that was fine! And the whole presentation, position, timing of my tear is truly odd and not something that is likely to happen - - in fact, I had a cheerful resident tell me that the department is considering writing up my case for publication in a medical journal as a case study (case studies are reports on freakish cases :) ).

ThreeofUs
09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
So very glad to hear you all are home and that everyone is doing well!

Sending best wishes for a wonderful babymoon.

Fairy
09-20-2010, 11:35 AM
What a GREAT update! So very happy to hear, and she's ebf'ing! I was also transfused, and as a result was not able to make enough milk. So, I'm cheering that this is one complication you get to do without! :yay:

Take it easy. One day at a time. This is beyond a c-section; you've just been thru major trauma in every sense of the word. If there is just one thing I can advise (and I know you're getting alot of free advice!) it's to please, please, please, be good to yourself.

((( Hugs! )))
-- Fairy

gcc2k
09-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I am so thankful that you are home and recovering and have lots of help. I just read your story and everyone's posts--definitely brought tears to my eyes. God was certainly watching over you and little Clara. Imagine what big plans He must have for you and her! Thank you for your story and for your amazing positive attitude through it all. It give us all hope! I pray you continue to recover emotionally and physically.

lovebebes
09-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Great job on bringing baby Clara home and ebf-ing!!!!!!!!!!!! What joy!!!:bighand:

arivecchi
09-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you are both doing well and are home now. :yay:

happymom
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
What a great update! :yay:

You're positive attitude is really inspiring.
Its great that you're getting lots of help- take advantage and rest as much as you can!! Enjoy little Clara! :sleeping:

AnnieW625
09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
I am soo glad you both made it home now. Take it easy and enjoy motherhood. I hope your little guy is enjoying his little sister too.

elektra
09-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Welcome home! Nice to hear the relatives are stepping up too. :)

swissair81
09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
For some reason I just noticed this thread. Must be the lack of sleep.

Seriously, wow! You have a miracle baby. Enjoy every second. Take good care of yourself & the kiddies. And yeah, get lots of help.

TwoBees
09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
:yay::yay:
What a wonderful update! I am so happy you are both home, safe, and healthy. Now go rest! :wavey:

Beth24
09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Welcome home. So glad to hear things are going well! :cheerleader1:

WatchingThemGrow
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Been thinking about the 4 of you all weekend. So cool you're already keeping a journal for her. Hey little Clara! :waving4:

doberbrat
09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
been thinking of you - thanks for the update. I'm glad things are going better.

**gentle hugs**

zoestargrove
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
wiping the tears from my eyes as I type this. I'm so happy to hear you and Clara are home, healing, bf and doing well. What an unbelievable and terrifying experience to wrap my arms around - I can't imagine how it is for you and your family. What a blessing the staff reacted as quickly and knowledgably and you both survived such an ordeal. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your doctor's recommendation not to carry more children though.

I hope you continue to recover quickly and receive the help and support from family that you need.

wow! I'm just in awe of your bravery and strength!
Kelly

Melarina
09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
So glad to hear you and your baby are home! Congratulations! Sending healing thoughts your way.

TwinFoxes
09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm so happy both of you are home safe and sound! And what a nice surprise that your family is stepping up after all.

citymama
09-20-2010, 01:32 PM
So so happy to read your update. I have tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. Congratulations to you on being home. Big hugs mama. Just love up that baby!

brittone2
09-20-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm very late to this, but I'm so glad that everyone is doing well :yay:

Looking forward to hearing more about Clara in the coming weeks as things settle down a bit :hug:

Congratulations!

jgenie
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Welcome Baby Clara!!

So sorry to hear about your delivery. Glad to hear you're both doing well and home now!!

jenfromnj
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I just saw this thread-I am so sorry that you had such a terrifying and painful experience, but so glad to hear that things are going well now.

swrc00
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
What wonderful news! I am so glad to hear you are at home and recovering!

hillview
09-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Wow what a horrible experience but so so thankful that everyone is ok. Hope the rest of infanthood is smooth!!
/hillary

Kitten007
09-20-2010, 08:02 PM
The two miracles have returned home!!! Congrats mama!!! :yay::cheerleader1: Congrats on the breastfeeding and so happy you can be home with your family. Make sure everyone spoils you!

KrisM
09-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm so glad you're both home! How wonderful. I am so very happy for you.

Gena
09-20-2010, 09:44 PM
I just saw this thread (I don't usually hang out in this section). I'm so sorry you both had to go through that but so happy that you are doing well now.

Hugs and wishes for continued health and much joy!

TwoBees
09-21-2010, 08:29 AM
:yay::yay:
What a wonderful update! I am so happy you are both home, safe, and healthy. Now go rest! :wavey:

I was reading the new replies to this thread, and realized that my post (above) might not have come across the way I intended. I meant wonderful update that you and Clara are doing so well after everything you both went through. Not wonderful that you had a difficult time. I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted. :oops:

I hope you and baby Clara are getting some well deserved rest.

Sweetum
09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
So, happy that all's well :) congratulations...enjoy your new precious bundle...

kdeunc
09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I am glad that you and Clara are home and doing well. Best of luck with your recovery.

NancyJ_redo
09-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Um, WOW!! I hadn't seen any of this thread until now. And since your latest post said you were going to print out this entire thread, I guess I shouldn't type the actual (four letter) words that came out of my mouth as I read your first post about your delivery and the lack of an epidural, etc. On my gosh!

Congraulations on the arrival of baby Clara :cheerleader1: I'm very happy to hear that you're both healthy and home and getting assistance from family.

shawnandangel
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Absolutely terrifying but thank God you had such a good labor nurse to catch it right away!!! Wow. So glad to hear that you and baby Clara are going to be okay!

moonsky
09-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Glad to hear that you and Clara are ok. Hope you have a quick recovery and a lot of help.

niccig
09-23-2010, 03:08 AM
I'm glad you're now both at home to rest and recover. Take things very easy on yourself. You're a strong, amazing woman but for now you need others to take care of you, so let them. If not, the rest of us here will :6:

:grouphug: from all of us.

spunkybaby
09-23-2010, 03:55 AM
So glad you and Clara are home safely. Your experience is beyond words...huge hugs to you for all that you went through and I'm sorry about the loss of future pregnancies.

I'm also glad that your relatives are stepping up and helping you out--blessings to you, Clara, and the rest of your family. We are lucky to have you as part of this board, and I can only imagine how blessed your family is to have you :grouphug:

Tondi G
09-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Wow! All I can say is wow! How absolutely frightening. I am so glad that you both are ok. Welcome to the world Clara. Hope everyone is home and recovering well soon. HUGS mama... you deserve a medal!