PDA

View Full Version : contigo mugs still at costco?

skohng
09-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I would pass these all the time and thing I don't need them. Of course, now ds's kindergarten suggests they have a water bottle handy.

Did I miss them?

lovebargains
09-17-2010, 03:24 PM
I believe they stopped stocking the kids 4-packs. They still have the larger 3 packs for water and 2 packs for coffee at some of the stores.

iaam
09-17-2010, 03:36 PM
I can confirm that they stopped stocking the kids ones - I asked a few months ago.

MMMommy
09-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Definitely not available at Costco right now. I did see them recently at Barnes and Noble.

skohng
09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
thanks. what are the larger 3 packs?

lovebargains
09-17-2010, 05:16 PM
They are 24 oz - great for mommy and daddies ;-)

BayGirl2
09-17-2010, 05:20 PM
We got to two pack of coffee style and I just saw them there the other day. We use them for DS's milk and water and I've seen our 6 and 4 year old nieces easily using them for water.

skohng
09-17-2010, 05:27 PM
We got to two pack of coffee style and I just saw them there the other day. We use them for DS's milk and water and I've seen our 6 and 4 year old nieces easily using them for water.

Thanks BayGirl! Do you have a name or link?

tiapam
09-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks BayGirl! Do you have a name or link?

I think she is talking about these:

http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-stainless-steel-travel-mug.html

Although the ones I got at Costco look a little different. DD can use this, but DS cannot. The Contigo website does have some kids cups on sale:

http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-kids-cups.html

I can't decide if I like the ones I got at Costco yet. I don't like to put water bottles in the dishwasher and these look hard to clean, unless I am missing something and the top comes apart. I just use them for water though.

connor_mommy
09-19-2010, 12:30 AM
I'd recommend getting the Funtainers. It's a little pricey. But during warmer weather, you can add ice and don't have to worry about condensation on the outside and the water will stay cold.

musicalgrl
09-19-2010, 11:25 AM
If you decide to go with Funtainers - some of them were on clearance at Target within the past week or so. I found Shrek and Ironman for $3.50 each. There was a thread on here about removing the designs with nail polish remover, if neither of those styles float your boat.

BayGirl2
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
I think she is talking about these:

http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-stainless-steel-travel-mug.html

Although the ones I got at Costco look a little different. DD can use this, but DS cannot. The Contigo website does have some kids cups on sale:

[

Yeah, that's what I meant. Ours from Costco look a little different too, but the concept is the same.

skohng
09-20-2010, 11:27 PM
If you decide to go with Funtainers - some of them were on clearance at Target within the past week or so. I found Shrek and Ironman for $3.50 each. There was a thread on here about removing the designs with nail polish remover, if neither of those styles float your boat.

i know, i scoured my local targets (northside chicago) and they were cleaned out. $3.50 is an amazing deal!! I ended up getting a camelbak at target out of desperation.

may bite the bullet and buy from the contigo website too. I like the idea of no straws to clean!!

hillview
09-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Anyone know if the contigo mugs are BPA free (the 2 pack for adults from Costco)?

skohng
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Anyone know if the contigo mugs are BPA free (the 2 pack for adults from Costco)?

the ones at costco are stainless steel but the tops are plastic... not sure if BPA free.

FYI, I found kids contigo cups at barnes and noble, 2-pack for $11.95 for anyone who needs one now.