PDA

View Full Version : the "official" Survivor Nicaragua post.....(spoilers).....

AnnieW625
09-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Let's see if we can keep this going all season!

So, it's Friday, and the show is now on Wednesday 8 PM so what do we think of the new show? So far so good for me.

I am soo glad Wendy went home. Oh my word, what a nut job. I kind of like Jimmy, but he looks soo gaunt without all of the makeup. I can't believe that Yve is over 40; she looks amazing. Jimmy T. is going to be the a$$ of the group. Not too sure about Marty either.

The young group is going to either do well or fade really fast. That Jud guy is dumb blond. I love how they renamed him Fabio. Bleach blonde Kelly, as well as Alina are going to be a tad irritating. I think I like the other Kelly. Shannon is kind of hot as is the race car guy.

So what did everyone else think?

Corie
09-17-2010, 04:07 PM
I called my husband on his business trip during the show to tell him
that Jimmy Johnson was barfing on national TV.

alien_host
09-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm also glad Wendy went home...she talked WAY too much!

I personally think people should keep Jimmy Johnson around because if you went up against him in the final 3 you'd likely win...right? Although DH felt that they focused on JJ a bit too much...maybe he does make an early exit and CBS is milking whatever time he does have there.

And people are already dissing the girl with the prosthetic leg, saying they want to get rid of her b/c of the sympathy vote. I thought that was sad.

It's still too many people for me to figure out who anyone is right now.

LarsMal
09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Jimmy Johnson barfing on TV and standing in his boxers- never thought I'd see that!

I think the older tribe will come through and knock the younger group down a few notches by winning some challenges. (Wasn't there a men vs women season and the women kicked the guys' butts in the first challenge?)

I love Survivor- watched every season!

AnnieW625
09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I called my husband on his business trip during the show to tell him
that Jimmy Johnson was barfing on national TV.

everything is bigger in TX, right? He he. I can't wait until he can start talking about Survivor on the NFL pre game show.

bigsis
09-18-2010, 12:49 AM
I thought JJ did pretty well, except for the barfing thing, LOL! I like his strategy too of saying that no one will give him the $, but he can help someone get to the final 2.

I hope he sticks around for a while.

And, yeah, I hope I look half as good as Yve at 40+.

I'm totally rooting for the old folks maybe b/c I'm closer to their age, or maybe b/c the young 'uns are too dang annoying!

Corie
09-18-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm totally rooting for the old folks maybe b/c I'm closer to their age, or maybe b/c the young 'uns are too dang annoying!

I completely agree!!

kristenk
09-18-2010, 10:53 AM
DH and I watched. We agreed with the older tribe that they should hold onto the power necklace thing and NOT use it in that challenge. I'm sure there will be plenty of more physical challenges coming up where they could use a bit of a boost.

I can't comment on the individual players because they all (with the exceptions of JJ and Fabio) sort of run together for me at this stage of the game!

I'm definitely rooting for the older tribe!

alien_host
09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm definitely rooting for the older tribe!

Me too, I think it's strange that the age groups are 40 and older and 30 and younger...so there are no 31-39 year olds? That seems strange to me since that is one of the age groups that definitely watches the show. I guess they needed a definite line between "old" and "young".

alien_host
09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
*bumiping* cause it starts in 10 minutes!

Don't forget to set your DVRs :)

Go old people! ;)

LarsMal
09-22-2010, 07:54 PM
*bumiping* cause it starts in 10 minutes!

Don't forget to set your DVRs :)

Go old people! ;)

I'm so glad I checked out DVR. DH set it last week, but didn't set the season pass...dummy! Good thing I caught it in time!

alien_host
09-23-2010, 07:21 AM
I think the young kids are going to self-destruct. I could not believe Shannon"s outburst and coments!

Kaylee31
09-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the young kids are going to self-destruct. I could not believe Shannon"s outburst and coments!

Yeah, seriously. He really screwed himself by showing what a jerk he truly was. No loss there. But I can't believe how much friction the young team has amongst themselves already. I'm hoping the old & young teams will go to the merge w/even numbers. It will make things very interesting! I'm hopeful that no one team will dominate over the other. So far, my favorites are Jimmy Johnson & "Fabio". (Don't remember his real name). There's actually quite a few people who's names I don't know, they aren't getting much air time.

arivecchi
09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow. Shannon was one homophobic dude. Glad he's gone.

Nya (is that her name?) is beyond annoying. She needs to lose the 'tude.

Loved Jeff's whop-ass comment. LOL. Those young ones cannot.shut.up!

Looks like it will be an interesting season. :thumbsup:

alien_host
09-23-2010, 10:52 AM
I also think one big advantage the older tribe has is that there is no sexual desire going on between the older folks while the younger ones have to cope with their hormones more.

And Nay/Nya is probably going next over there...so annoying.

And that whole thing with what's her name Holly? Hidding that guys shoes? And who the heck brings alligator shoes (not to mention $1600 ones) to Survivor? :rolleyes:

AnnieW625
09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Wow. Shannon was one homophobic dude. Glad he's gone.

Nya (is that her name?) is beyond annoying. She needs to lose the 'tude.

Loved Jeff's whop-ass comment. LOL. Those young ones cannot.shut.up!

Looks like it will be an interesting season. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Shannon's comment sort of surprised me too and had he not said that I bet he might have stayed longer, but on the flip side I didn't like the whole "lets take all of the minorities to the end" comment either that Sash made. Nya definitely needs to go, what a cuckoo crazy in the head person she is.

Yes Jeff makes the best comments. I seriously have an odd crush on him too.

Didn't care for what Holly did to Dan's shoes, but why do you bring $1600 aligator shoes to an island? That's just dumb.

kristenk
09-23-2010, 11:06 AM
And that whole thing with what's her name Holly? Hidding that guys shoes? And who the heck brings alligator shoes (not to mention $1600 ones) to Survivor? :rolleyes:

Um, yeah, to all of the above. That's just weird. I would be LIVID if someone got rid of a pair of my shoes. Why did he have two pairs of shoes, anyway? I guess it changes by season, but I always thought that they just had one pair of real shoes with them.

arivecchi
09-23-2010, 11:13 AM
So now for the most important question of all: where are Nya's socks? :ROTFLMAO:

AnnieW625
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
So now for the most important question of all: where are Nya's socks? :ROTFLMAO:

Yeah.

I also have to say that I think that getting rid of Shannon was the wrong move, but they won't realize that until they lose a challenge. I think Brenda is a good player, but a 100lb tiny girl isn't going to carry the same weight in the heftier challenges that Shannon would.

Oh, and I seriously hope that every person on that team is somewhat eating their words and that karma will bite them in the end for being soo mean to Kelly B.

alien_host
09-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Oh, and I seriously hope that every person on that team is somewhat eating their words and that karma will bite them in the end for being soo mean to Kelly B.

Although now they will see Kelly B as a "real" threat...physically and b/c of the "sympathy factor". Based on this crowd, they will still toss her off the island, which is sad since I do like her.

And I have to say don't you think they will keep Jimmy J around...I mean who better to go to the final 3? Would the jury give him the money? Unless he says, "I'm giving it to charity, give it to me", which he might, I think he would have a hard time getting votes b/c of his "fame" and he doesn't "need" the money.

rlu
09-23-2010, 12:59 PM

DH thinks a monkey stole her sock.

Beth24
09-23-2010, 10:55 PM
DH thinks a monkey stole her sock.

Maybe so! But she seems like a total nut job!!!

alien_host
09-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Anyone want to discuss last night or are people still waiting to watch on DVR?

baymom
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who still hasn't seen yesterday's episode, but I am so sad about who was sent home. :-(. I was so hoping his time wouldn't come for a very long time, still.

AnnieW625
09-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who still hasn't seen yesterday's episode, but I am so sad about who was sent home. :-(. I was so hoping his time wouldn't come for a very long time, still.

Me too, but at least he was honest. I still think they should've sent the lazy dude home from the tribe. I was kind of surprised that TD voted for who he voted for too.

Naonka was nuts again, OMG that woman needs some help. I just don't see how those girls are going to survive if they get rid of Kelly B, and then start getting rid of the guys. I don't think they are all that strong as a team without Chase, Kelly B, and Ben. Alina will stay longer because she'll be a pawn.

I can't wait for the tribes to merge.

Beth24
10-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Naonka is really bugging me. She is seriously crazy. I am worried she's going to hurt someone!

alien_host
10-08-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm still disappointed that Jimmy Johnson is gone. I bet CBS is sad too....

I have to say that this week's castaway doesn't surprise or disappointment me.

And Nayonka continues to be a crazy lady. She has to stop making comments about Kelly's leg...I mean seriously, does she have to constantly bring it up? I am beyond irritated that she has the immunity necklace and she was too dumb to find it herself but Brenda found it "for her" and how Nay is just keeping it for herself. Not sure if that makes her a good or a bad player! I guess a good one for talking Brenda into it but Nay has to go!

Next week looks interesting for sure.

arivecchi
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
And Nayonka continues to be a crazy lady. She has to stop making comments about Kelly's leg...I mean seriously, does she have to constantly bring it up? I am beyond irritated that she has the immunity necklace and she was too dumb to find it herself but Brenda found it "for her" and how Nay is just keeping it for herself. Not sure if that makes her a good or a bad player! I guess a good one for talking Brenda into it but Nay has to go! There is something so wrong with her. She is angry, has a huge chip on her shoulder and is so rude to everyone around her. I have no idea why others are aligning themselves with such a loose cannon. The two Kellys were so restrained - I might have had to punch her. :11: I would LOVE it if she got blindsided!

Beth24
10-08-2010, 03:57 PM
There is something so wrong with her. She is angry, has a huge chip on her shoulder and is so rude to everyone around her. I have no idea why others are aligning themselves with such a loose cannon. The two Kellys were so restrained - I might have had to punch her. :11: I would LOVE it if she got blindsided!

Me too. I cannot stand her. And she needs some new material. If she makes a comment about keeping Kelly's leg away from the fire one more time...come on, it's getting old! Besides doesn't she notice that the artificial limb isn't made of wood??

I guess restraint serves you well on that show! With no caffeine or sleep I would have none and would probably be voted off first!

amyd
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Am I wrong or does it say that Nayonka is a gym teacher?

rlu
10-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Am I wrong or does it say that Nayonka is a gym teacher?

I think she mentioned L.A. so I'm thinking a gym teacher in L.A. I feel sorry for the students.

alien_host
10-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I think she mentioned L.A. so I'm thinking a gym teacher in L.A. I feel sorry for the students.

She's really a gym teacher? Wow, I can't fathom that, espcially if she has any students with any physical disabilities...seriously, if I were an administrator in her school, I'd be working to get her fired. Talk about setting a rotten example.

Beth24
10-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes she is a gym teacher in South Central LA. Unbelievable. And think about the fact that they will watch her on the show and see how she acts and talks. What a great role model!

arivecchi
10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Yes she is a gym teacher in South Central LA. Unbelievable. And think about the fact that they will watch her on the show and see how she acts and talks. What a great role model!
:47: I cannot believe she is dim enough to act like that on national TV if she is a teacher.

arivecchi
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Is it just me or are the contestants this season extremely dumb? They keep voting people off in such a random way. And I cannot belive they did not kick psycho out while they had the chance!

Beth24
10-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Is it just me or are the contestants this season extremely dumb? They keep voting people off in such a random way. And I cannot belive they did not kick psycho out while they had the chance!

ITA. I was so upset they didn't vote her off last night! I feel like there must be so much we don't get to see bc the decision made no sense to me at all!

AnnieW625
10-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes the contestants this season are beyond dumb. Why get rid of Tyrone, he's one of the strongest people, you are going to need him for something. Sure he didn't break all of the tiles, but neither did Ben. Individual immunity or some new twist starts next week so it should be interesting.

alien_host
10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I guess Nay isn't so tough afterall. Do the young ones know that she has the idol?

It's too bad that Tyrone got voted off, I thought he was ok and while he mentioned the duties, it wasn't too harsh. I thing the chicken incident did him in.

AnnieW625
10-14-2010, 01:46 PM
I guess Nay isn't so tough afterall. Do the young ones know that she has the idol?

It's too bad that Tyrone got voted off, I thought he was ok and while he mentioned the duties, it wasn't too harsh. I thing the chicken incident did him in.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I missed it last week so is that when she got it?

Beth24
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I missed it last week so is that when she got it?

Yes. She knocked over Kelly and a basket of fresh fruit her tribe had won (crushing the fruit in the process) to get the clue and then basically Brenda did all the work in helping her decipher the clue to find it. At that point she declared she didn't care that Brenda had helped he, and that she was keeping the idol for herself. She also added that Kelly should make sure her prosthetic leg didn't get too close to the fire. Probably because she had only mentioned that a few hundred times before. She's a class act!

pb&j
10-14-2010, 01:55 PM

Yes, and they killed a hen when they should have killed the rooster. Hen=eggs. Rooster=dinner. You don't need a rooster for a hen to lay eggs!!!!

billysmommy
10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes, and they killed a hen when they should have killed the rooster. Hen=eggs. Rooster=dinner. You don't need a rooster for a hen to lay eggs!!!!

DH and I noticed that last night!!! You'd think one of them would have known that. They needed Jane then

arivecchi
10-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Oh yeah. Beyond idiotic!

I miss Boston Rob and other masterminds like him!

hobie
10-14-2010, 02:54 PM

No kidding! I couldn't believe they did that! Do they not know the difference between boys and girls? And why would they eat a chicken before tribal? They know someone is going home, so why waste good food on someone who will be eating soon anyways? Eat the meat before a challenge, so that you have extra energy to win!

keh602
10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
No kidding! I couldn't believe they did that! Do they not know the difference between boys and girls? And why would they eat a chicken before tribal? They know someone is going home, so why waste good food on someone who will be eating soon anyways? Eat the meat before a challenge, so that you have extra energy to win!

Yeah, that whole scene was just ridiculous. I understand that they're hungry, but it made no sense to me to eat a "big" meal right before tribal. I suspect we'll be seeing them right back at tribal soon.

alien_host
12-02-2010, 07:10 PM
trying to revive this thread...

I cannot believe 2 people QUIT! Has anyone else quit before (for non-medical/non-health) reasons?

Jeff should have told them that if they wanted to quit that each had to pick one of the other jury members to replace them ;) now that would have been a twist!

I won't even go into the fact that Nay went on the reward when she knew she was leaving like that....wow.

arivecchi
12-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I really dislike N. I am glad she went out like a wimp. What an incredibly selfish person she is and quite delusional I might add. Sure makes for good TV though.

wencit
12-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Don't know if you gals are already aware of this, but Jeff Probst blogs after each episode of Survivor, and this week he offers a reason why those two quitters were allowed to remain on the jury (basically, due to precedent):

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/12/02/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-nicaragua-episode-12/

I cannot believe 2 people QUIT! Has anyone else quit before (for non-medical/non-health) reasons? Yes. I remember Osten, the first quitter, quite clearly. According to this article, there have been 6:

http://www.suite101.com/content/remembering-the-six-survivor-quitters-a257416

Anyone else kind of rooting for Fabio at this point? :D At first, he was portrayed as a total idiot, but now he's growing on me as a sort of likable idiot!

rlu
12-03-2010, 03:22 AM
trying to revive this thread...

IJeff should have told them that if they wanted to quit that each had to pick one of the other jury members to replace them ;) now that would have been a twist!

In Jeff's blog post he implied there would be changes to how quitters during the jury period were treated. I really like this suggestion - you should send it to him.

Nay was being Nay, true to herself the whole way through. What an example for her students (that's sarcasm since I don't have the smilies to indicate such)

AnnieW625
12-06-2010, 01:29 PM
I really dislike N. I am glad she went out like a wimp. What an incredibly selfish person she is and quite delusional I might add. Sure makes for good TV though.

Totally agreed. I finally watched the episode last night. A little peeved that they were allowed to stay on the jury esp. the way that happened. If they had been injured and had to quit (like Michael from Season 2) then I would've understood, but yeah no jury for quitters.

I am rooting for Fabio, of all of the players he's definitely growing on me. At first I thought he was going to be another Jonny Fairplay (the guy who lied about his grandma being sick to get a reward or something), but he's been just a clueless good guy, but a good guy at least. I think a good final 3 at this point would be Fabio, Chase or Benry (they are about equal in my book), and Holly.

Beth24
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM

:yeahthat: I just watched...she disgusts me. But she is probably the most interesting part of the show this season. In a train wreck --can't not look-- kind of way!

AnnieW625
12-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Alright, so who else would be afraid to have Jane on the jury? I think she holds the most power at this point in the game. If I were playing I think I would've tried to keep her in the game because I think that would've been a safer move, not everyone cared for Jane, including Marty, and Brenda.

Anyone have a clue as to who Jane might vote for to win the $1M? I am starting to think that if Dan can make it to the final 3 he might be the winner. He needs to win immunity though which I don't really see happening next week though. He's the only one (with the exception of him complaining about his knee pain the first couple of episodes) who hasn't truly pissed anyone off, and he got there by not doing much. If he doesn't get there I'd really like to see Fabio or Holly win. I'd be really surprised if Chase won with Jane on the jury now. Actually he voted for everyone of those people except the two quitters.

scriptkitten
12-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Fabio for the win!

everyone else annoys me.

LarsMal
12-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Alright, so who else would be afraid to have Jane on the jury? I think she holds the most power at this point in the game. If I were playing I think I would've tried to keep her in the game because I think that would've been a safer move, not everyone cared for Jane, including Marty, and Brenda.

I honestly have no clue who Jane might vote for to win the $1M? I am starting to think that if Dan can make it to the final 3 he might be the winner. He needs to win immunity though which I don't really see happening next week. He's the only one with the exception of him complaining about his knee pain the first couple of episodes who hasn't truly pissed anyone off, and he got there by not doing much. If he doesn't get there I'd really like to see Fabio or Holly win. I'd be really surprised if Chase won.

Fabio and Dan were really stupid not to vote with Jane and try to get Holly out last night (although Jane didn't even vote for Holly). DH thinks there was a lot going on that we didn't see if Jeff pretty much put that out there and then Jane talked through the vote Holly idea and no one did it. If they had tied, Jane would have won if they had to make fire. Dan and Fabio could have stuck with her one more time to vote out Chase or Sash (whichever one lost the next immunity) and then voted Jane out, making it Fabio, Dan, and either Sash or Chase at the end. I think Fabio would've won in that situation.

I think if Fabio can get to the end he'll win. If it's Sash, Chase, and Holly (can't imagine it will be) then I really have no idea who will win. I'm thinking maybe Holly.

This is the first season in a long time that I actually don't know who the winner is (I always manage to accidentally see the spoilers for the ending). It's definitely more exciting not knowing who will get to the end. I don't really care for Sash or Chase, and Holly kind of bugs me, so if it's those three I really don't care. I guess I'd go with Holly, though, since she was part of the "old" tribe and wanted to quit so early on.

arivecchi
12-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I am shocked, SHOCKED, Chase is still there. The guy has two brain cells. I must admit I laughed my arse off when Jane asked who was next and he had some lame reply that clearly told Jane she was next. Her dagger looks afterwards were classic!!!

I am rooting for Fabio too. Go Fabio!

Fairy
12-16-2010, 04:39 PM
This season has been bad in many ways, and the dishonest editing and lettign quitters be on the jury gets my goat. So, I almost hope it's Dan, just to screw over the producers, who would not want him to win. In my heart of hearts, I want Holly to win. She deserves it more than any of them. If not then Fabio or Dan.

I think Jane will *not* vote for Chase. Disloyalty. I also think she will *not* vote for Sash. I'm thinking Holly is off her radar now, too. I think she'd vote for Dan and Fabio. If it's between Holly and Sash/Chase, then she'd go with Holly is my guess.

Jane was weird. She was a sore loser, and she was devious, yet called out others on their deviousness like she was holier than thou. Sorry aobut her husband, but I thought her sour grapes with the fire and then her tantrum at Tribal was truly bad form.

No one save one person is more disgusting in the history of Survivor than Na'Onka. What a sad excuse for a human being. She's just the worst kind of trash. The only person I like less than her was Corrinne from four or so seasons ago. Na'Onka, I believe, is a product of a world where she was never taught compassion. Corinne, however, actively said on national television that she wanted Sugar to be miserable and have a terrible life before she dies, and she said disparaging, taunting things to her about her dead father. THAT is a person worthy of nothing. After her, tho? Na'Onka. I'd kiss Russell's ass before I played this game with Na'Onka.

Fairy
12-16-2010, 04:40 PM
I am shocked, SHOCKED, Chase is still there. The guy has two brain cells. I must admit I laughed my arse off when Jane asked who was next and he had some lame reply that clearly told Jane she was next. Her dagger looks afterwards were classic!!!

I am rooting for Fabio too. Go Fabio!

Seriously! Dumb as a box of hammers! That boy is so out of his league it's hard to watch! I just want to go out there, put my arm around him, and say, oh honey. Here, let me explain it to you, m'kay? Now, go vote yourself off.

Fairy
12-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Fabio and Dan were really stupid not to vote with Jane and try to get Holly out last night (although Jane didn't even vote for Holly). DH thinks there was a lot going on that we didn't see if Jeff pretty much put that out there and then Jane talked through the vote Holly idea and no one did it. If they had tied, Jane would have won if they had to make fire. Dan and Fabio could have stuck with her one more time to vote out Chase or Sash (whichever one lost the next immunity) and then voted Jane out, making it Fabio, Dan, and either Sash or Chase at the end. I think Fabio would've won in that situation.

I think if Fabio can get to the end he'll win. If it's Sash, Chase, and Holly (can't imagine it will be) then I really have no idea who will win. I'm thinking maybe Holly.

This is the first season in a long time that I actually don't know who the winner is (I always manage to accidentally see the spoilers for the ending). It's definitely more exciting not knowing who will get to the end. I don't really care for Sash or Chase, and Holly kind of bugs me, so if it's those three I really don't care. I guess I'd go with Holly, though, since she was part of the "old" tribe and wanted to quit so early on.

Oh, I can promise you, Julie, there is alot going on that we don't know cuz of the edit. The editing has been so misleading this yeawr it's horrible. For instance, do you know why Jane won the challenge where she hung onto the rope over the water? Cuz Chase put his hand over teh top knot and was immediately disqualified. so, she won by default. But that's not what they showed. It wasn't even that they simply omitted it, they invented a whole new scenario where she won on merrit! I have a love hate relationship with this frakkin' show.

arivecchi
12-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Seriously! Dumb as a box of hammers! That boy is so out of his league it's hard to watch! I just want to go out there, put my arm around him, and say, oh honey. Here, let me explain it to you, m'kay? Now, go vote yourself off.:hysterical:

Fabio is pretty dumb too but at least he has a general idea of what is going on. Chase, yup, nothing going on up there!!!

Dan winning would be a fitting end to the lamest Survivor season ever.

LarsMal
12-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh, I can promise you, Julie, there is alot going on that we don't know cuz of the edit. The editing has been so misleading this yeawr it's horrible. For instance, do you know why Jane won the challenge where she hung onto the rope over the water? Cuz Chase put his hand over teh top knot and was immediately disqualified. so, she won by default. But that's not what they showed. It wasn't even that they simply omitted it, they invented a whole new scenario where she won on merrit! I have a love hate relationship with this frakkin' show.

Oh wow, that's crazy, but I'm not surprised. Read EW.com this week and Probie gives the "team" credit for all the footage and editing that went on in the "Jane realizes she's getting voted out" segment. "It's cut so well you don't even realize it was cut." (or something like that)

It's kind of like when Stephanie dislocated her shoulder in the first challenge of the all-stars season (or was that 1/2 all stars, 1/2 new people?). Whatever it was, the way they showed it on TV was nothing like it went down on the scene.

AnnieW625
12-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Oh wow, that's crazy, but I'm not surprised. Read EW.com this week and Probie gives the "team" credit for all the footage and editing that went on in the "Jane realizes she's getting voted out" segment. "It's cut so well you don't even realize it was cut." (or something like that).

I noticed that too last night.

One thing that struck me as odd was where do they keep their fire? They all walk with it tribal council so really why have they had to restart their fire so many times this season? I know in prior seasons they have kept it near their camp.

Yes Dan would be the oddest winner in history. Except for stealing Dan's shoes and wanting to quit I think Holly deserves it too. I also think that if Sash had not made that stupid comment in the 1st or 2nd episode about bringing all of the minorities to the table then I wouldn't have that many issues with him. From the beginning that has bothered me to no end.

alien_host
12-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Bumping for tonight's finale!

I'm routing for Fabio mostly because I dislike him the least.

I missed all the drama about the editing...any links to share?

kristac
12-19-2010, 08:47 PM
FB is reporting there is an 18 minute delay due to the game running over. Check your DVRs.

calv
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
good to know, thank you about the dvr delay!

alien_host
12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Somehow my DVR malfunctioned and I missed the first immunity challenge! It's a good thing I started to watch it when I did or I would have missed the whole thing!

I managed to get the rest taped, since DH was watching the Pats game. I'm happy with the outcome. I am surprised how close the voting was....I need to go and check to see who voted who.

Anyone care to discuss?

AnnieW625
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
I recorded it (started recording the 9pm hour) and haven't watched it yet, but if it ran over by 20 minutes then I am missing that part too as I didn't ad any additional time to my DVR. Hopefully it will be on demand soon.

KrisM
12-20-2010, 03:49 PM
I recorded it (started recording the 9pm hour) and haven't watched it yet, but if it ran over by 20 minutes then I am missing that part too as I didn't ad any additional time to my DVR. Hopefully it will be on demand soon.

If you recorded the second episode where they announce the winner and then Jeff talks to everyone, you'll see the whole thing and just miss the end of the recap.

kristac
12-20-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm happy with the outcome too. Interesting what they said at the reunion re- sash/ brenda and the idol. I wonder why they edited it the way they did- seems like that could have made great tv. Really looking forward to next season. Could be a fun twist!

purpleeyes
12-20-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm happy with the outcome too. Really looking forward to next season. Could be a fun twist!

I was very happy with the outcome. First time I can say that about Survivor in a while! Usually the person I dislike the most wins.

I heard a rumor that Russell (Boo! :thumbsdown:) AND Boston Rob (Yay! :thumbsup: ) will be returning next season!

arivecchi
12-21-2010, 06:36 PM
This recap is great:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-nicaragua-finale-winner/

and very accurate in the Survivor season standings IMO!

alien_host
12-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I heard a rumor that Russell (Boo! :thumbsdown:) AND Boston Rob (Yay! :thumbsup: ) will be returning next season!

Wait are you saying the next season is full of former players? I totally didn't get that from the preview, I was excited about the twist of the Redemption Island, I had no idea they were bringing back former players. I don't love the former players coming back...I don't see the point since there are so many other people who want to play the game.

Fairy
12-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Just getting to this after having been on vaca. We made the grave mistake of unplugging the TV before we left (but left the router on), and as a result, NOTHING TPAED. I had to watch it on on-demand today.

I was rooting for Holly, very disappoi9nted it wasn't her. I then rooted for Fabio, and I was shocked Sash didn't get any votes. Chase? Really? That close? The dumb as a box of hammers awared recipient? Please. And what was with the propping of the music career by CBS? Did they sign him, or something? Weird!

Very glad Fabio won. He's the weirdest winner ever, and that's cool by me.

Jane winning the audience award I don't get. Holly I thougth was the clear winner. Oh well.

Marty hates Jane. Even now. Fascinating. I wonder what that's all about really.

Ok, now for the first time EVER, I'm pretty sure, Probst neglected to talk to two of the players at the reunion. No red haried old tribe chick, and no Tyrone. Every other reunion, at least one sentence was uttered by each person. Even if it was one word. What was THAT all about?

The Rob vs. Russell season is the worst kept secret in survivor history. Go check out Survivor Sucks. www.survivorsucks.com, or even the IMDB boards, the leaks are everywhere. You are generally safe on survivor sucks as long as you are in speculative threads only and not true spoiler threads. I don't frequent it much, but now and then I check it out, usually after a season has ended to look for past chatter on a specific topic. But a) Russell was int he audience, and B) so was Rob, and they gave him a huge shoutout and mic time. I think that spells next season. Now, here's the thing, that season should already be taping. Right? So, if they're on, then ... how are they in the audience? Unless they were both already voted out, but as you can see, that's not a done deal anymore, so, I'm clueless. I dunno, maybe they start taping in January, that's probably it.

On Rob vs. Russell, I think Rob and his failure to capture the flag once and for all is the reason they're doign this redemption thing. If he gets voted out, he has a fighting chance to stay in the thing. I love Boston Rob, I hope he makes it!

purpleeyes
01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Wait are you saying the next season is full of former players? I totally didn't get that from the preview, I was excited about the twist of the Redemption Island, I had no idea they were bringing back former players. I don't love the former players coming back...I don't see the point since there are so many other people who want to play the game.

Yep, it's true!!

http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2011/01/rob-mariano-russell-hantz-join-the-cast-of-survivor-redemption-island/