PDA

View Full Version : Softest Stuffed Animal

tmphilo
09-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Mods, please move if this should be somewhere else...

I want to get DD2 a really soft stuffed animal for Christmas. We have a ton of other toys already from DD1. My original plan was to get her Melvin the Elephant from FAO Schwartz (from the Purex commercial). I saw Melvin today at Toys 'R Us and he wasn't as soft as I thought he'd be although he's really cute. :) I'm not particular on the type of animal just the soft cuddly factor. Any suggestions?

Kymberley
09-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I just got DS 2 of these: http://www.amazon.com/Gund-Spunky-Plush-Light-Brown/dp/B000GRLZZQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284760271&sr=8-2

SUPER soft, machine washable, sewn eyes, and adorable! I love Gund, don't know if I'm in the minority or not. :D

TwoBees
09-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Gund are usually very soft.

cindys
09-17-2010, 06:08 PM
I am not a fan of stuffed animals but both my boys have several of these blankies that are kinda like stuffed animals...

www.angeldear.net (http://www.angeldear.net)

I love love these...They are sooooo soft and wash so well...They are a big hit as baby gifts...

I have gotten a couple off their website and also I have found them on occasion at Nordstrom in the baby section.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

pastrygirl
09-17-2010, 06:42 PM
JellyCat stuffed animals are ridiculously soft and cuddly!

larig
09-17-2010, 06:45 PM
I love gund, but I gotta say, one of my favorites that DS has is a yellow lab from ikea. It is ridiculously soft, and I've had to machine wash it twice. They have a really big version and a small version.

MommyofAmaya
09-17-2010, 07:01 PM

These are the softest!

Babymakes3
09-17-2010, 07:04 PM
I was in Steinmart a few weeks ago and they had some Gund stuffed animals that were very soft and fluffy. I bought ds the puppy after we walked over to pet it multiple times then carried it around with us petting him.

nellonello
09-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Totally agree. We now have about 10 of these!!

jgenie
09-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I just got DS 2 of these: http://www.amazon.com/Gund-Spunky-Plush-Light-Brown/dp/B000GRLZZQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284760271&sr=8-2

SUPER soft, machine washable, sewn eyes, and adorable! I love Gund, don't know if I'm in the minority or not. :D

We have two of these in blue - they're great!!

AJP
09-17-2010, 08:00 PM
We have the same tan gund dogs. They are perfect "loveys". They've held up well from washing and lots of cuddling and we have (7 :bag: ) backups.

Green_Tea
09-17-2010, 08:03 PM
My DD2 and DS both just got Pillow Pets for their birthdays and they're SUPER cuddly and soft. So much so that I kind of want to steal one to take to bed with ME!

http://www.mypillowpets.com/index.html

Nyfeara
09-17-2010, 08:56 PM
My mom just got DS the lab from Ikea. He loves it. It's big, soft, & floppy. We haven't looked much into Gund b/c he's not crazy into stuffed animals, so can't compare.

doberbrat
09-17-2010, 09:22 PM
we're stuffed animal people...

spunky is awsome for cuddles. and he washes up well ... Once he's had surgery to "debark" him. as soon as I realized that dd was getting attached, I bought several and had my mom debark the whole lot. took 15 min and a couple of stiches. one day, we went to the store and she saw the brown one and squeezed said Look Mommy this one barks ;)

We also have the Ikea lab. I dont think its nearly as soft. It has also spent many a day at daycare and gotten washed several times and has held up well.

some of the disney animals we have - a vinage poo and piglet are great snugglers.

there's also a blue elephant that I love but its in dd's room and she's asleep. I'll try to dig it out for you tomorrow to check who made it.

MontrealMum
09-17-2010, 09:22 PM
ITA about Gund and Jellycat being super soft. Also, Kaloo animals are quite soft and babysafe, and the Ikea animals are amazingly soft - especially the elephant.

Minnifer
09-17-2010, 10:11 PM
spunky is awsome for cuddles. and he washes up well ... Once he's had surgery to "debark" him. Does anyone know, does the medium (10") one bark, or just the little one? From the amazon descriptions looks like it's just the little one, but I've learned not to altogether trust amazon descriptions!

doberbrat
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
You're right - I dont think the bigger ones bark. I've never seen the medium ones - just the small ones which are the perfect size for little ones and the BIG ones. You can probably call Nordstroms and ask. Pretty sure they carry them.

AJP
09-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Pretty sure ours are the 10" and they don't bark.

k_null81
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree with some of the previous posters on the Jellycat plush's.

Kymberley
09-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know, does the medium (10") one bark, or just the little one? From the amazon descriptions looks like it's just the little one, but I've learned not to altogether trust amazon descriptions!

Nope, the medium doesn't bark. That's why I chose the med over the small ;) . My real dog goes nuts when he hears squeaky toys, so I try to eliminate them if at all possible.

indigo99
09-18-2010, 12:06 AM

:yeahthat: DS received one as a gift, and I LOVE it.

tmphilo
09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Thank you for all of the help! I will have to check them out. :)