PDA

View Full Version : Toothpaste & SLS?

sewarsh
09-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Okay, so tell me...what's better:

1. Tom's of Maine toothpaste which contains SLS, but is rated a 1 on Cosmetic Database.

2. Trader Joe's which has NO SLS, but active ingredient is rated a 6.

Or just tell me this....what "natural" toothpaste do you use for your family that you would recommend to me?????

Thanks!

infomama
09-18-2010, 10:27 AM
We use Cavity Zapper right now. I don't know if we will stay with it or not. Prior to that we used Toms and I am still looking into Tanner's Tasty Paste.

wellyes
09-18-2010, 11:55 AM
I've never seen good evidence that SLS is actually all that bad. And I trust the Cosmetics database. We use Tom's for DD.

SnuggleBuggles
09-18-2010, 02:25 PM
I was so bummed when I replaced my Colgate Total b/c of one bad ingredient and got Tom's only to find it had SLS. I don't know what to make of it.

Beth

sewarsh
09-19-2010, 08:21 AM
I was so bummed when I replaced my Colgate Total b/c of one bad ingredient and got Tom's only to find it had SLS. I don't know what to make of it.

Beth

me too! my kids LOVE tom's and its reasonably priced and now this SLS stuff!!! Frustrating!!

pastrygirl
09-19-2010, 08:26 AM
I use Tom's sensitive and it says SLS-free on the tube. ETA: I wouldn't use that for my kids, though. I use Tom's silly strawberry - is that the one with SLS?