PDA

View Full Version : Ever think you may have spotted a BBB member IRL...?

WolfpackMom
09-18-2010, 04:33 PM
I had a little laugh today because I was out at the Gap and saw a woman who was:
Shopping the extra 25% off baby sale (I found out about on here)
Using her Groupon (I found out about on here)
Strolling with a Mac Zodiac (While DS was in his AT - but I know the Zodiac was on the Gilt sale too)

I was secretly wondering in my head what the chances were that we were both frequenters of this board....so if you were at Gap today and discussed two piece pjs with me today.... Hi!!!:wavey: I didnt want to look like a weirdo in Gap and ask if you were on this board. lol

Corie
09-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Just ask Ceepa about this!!!

She spotted me at the Providence Place Mall when I had first moved
to Rhode Island.

She came up to me and asked if I was Corie. She said that she
recognized my daughter's hairbow.

Yeah right! I just think she's a stalker!

WolfpackMom
09-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Haha thats great, Im trying to rack my brain wondering if her little boy's pic has ever been on here! :P

amldaley
09-18-2010, 06:56 PM
No, but I know where WatchingThemGrow's house is (not in a stalker way!) She mentioned it to me once and it turns out that I not only know where it is, we actually use it as a landmark when we are in her town and have admired some plants in her yard many times!!!! So, of course I wonder if our paths have crossed and we never knew it!

baymom
09-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes!!! I saw a woman shopping with a print out at the Borders sale this winter and wondered if she got that here (like I did mine!).

LarsMal
09-19-2010, 12:19 AM
There have been a couple times I've wondered, but have been too chicken to ask.

I'm always on the lookout for the BBB bracelet!

Globetrotter
09-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Yes!!! I saw a woman shopping with a print out at the Borders sale this winter and wondered if she got that here (like I did mine!).

me too! I covered almost every Borders in the Bay Area LOL

WatchingThemGrow
09-19-2010, 06:00 AM
No, but I know where WatchingThemGrow's house is
amldaley, STOP BY and play!!! :)

Kinda funny you mention that Zodiac. I wonder whenever I see someone pushing some of the more obscure strollers if they heard about them here on through SQ.

Melaine
09-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I wonder sometimes, but I don't really expect to see them around where I live. It would be cool though!

BayGirl2
09-19-2010, 12:59 PM
I was once stroller shopping in Boston (while there for work) and saw a couple debating between Teutonia and Orbit, or something like that. A day or two later I saw the exact same questions and comparison being made on the stroller board by a prospective parent. They described the same neighborhood and everything. I figured they HAD to be the same people I saw (although its a pretty common debate for that 'hood) but I didn't want to be the freak who was like "were you in this store on Monday night....".

I feel like most Mamas I know IRL totally don't get my bargain-shopping message boarding ways. I'd be so happy to run into a BBB person in the SF Bay Area. And I know there are many on here.

Ceepa
09-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Just ask Ceepa about this!!!

She spotted me at the Providence Place Mall when I had first moved
to Rhode Island.

She came up to me and asked if I was Corie. She said that she
recognized my daughter's hairbow.

Yeah right! I just think she's a stalker!

:ROTFLMAO: Yes! These were the days when people used to actually post pics of their kids on the boards so I knew what her cuties looked like. And no little girl in Providence was rocking a hair bow quite like Corie's DD. It was like, cute daughter, little boy with dimples, goofy mom. ;) How could I not notice?