PDA

View Full Version : Had the biggest laugh today

SnuggleBuggles
09-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I ran into an acquaintance at Target today and she asked me, in all seriousness, if I too was making my monthly Target run. :hysterical: Monthly??? I informed her that many weeks I wind up there twice and at least once! She looked at me like she couldn't possibly think of that many things she could ever need from Target.

Beth

WolfpackMom
09-18-2010, 07:05 PM
There are a couple of cashiers that recognize both me and DS, its not unheard of for me to be there 2-3 x a week... If Im only there once a week Im either out of town or extremelly busy!:bag

elliput
09-18-2010, 07:05 PM
I've been to Target three times this week. :jammin:

ETA- There have been some days when I have to three or four different Target locations just to see what is on clearance. :bag

MissyAg94
09-18-2010, 08:32 PM
:hysterical:

randomkid
09-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Um, yeah. I am there ALL. THE. TIME. Of course, I live near a SuperTarget, so I am also going for groceries, but I am there weekly, usually more than once a week. My parents laugh at me about it. My Dad even jokingly asked my Mom if I had a boyfriend there :rotflmao: Yeah, Dad. A Target employee is my kinda man (considering most of the men at our Target are teenage boys)!

Yesterday was our anniversary and after DH and I went out to dinner, guess where we went? Yep, Target - bought a DVD for DD for Christmas, a leotard for DD for dance class and DH bought ice for his trip today - lol! Romantic, I know. Guess that's what happens when you've been married ten years!:loveeyes:

jgenie
09-18-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm within 15 minutes of three Targets so the employees generally don't recognize me although I did run into the store manager four times in two days when the Thomas stuff was on clearance this last time. :D

daisyd
09-18-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't live near one and I still manage to go there at least a couple of times a month even though this is not where I shop regularly.

Melaine
09-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Once a month? That's crazy talk.

I'm with pps, go 2-3 times a week (sometimes more) and the employees definitely recognize us (to the point where I feel embarrassed to be seen there so often). I undoubtedly know the stock better than many of the employees, that is a fact. When I don't go for awhile (out of town) I start to get target fever.

bubbaray
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Heck, *I* go once a month and would go more often if I didn't have to deal with the border.... Wait, now have Nexus, I don't have to wait in line. Woo Hoo! :yay:

SnuggleBuggles
09-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I knew you would all understand. ;)

Beth

Pear
09-18-2010, 10:56 PM
I was there four times last week. Part of that was poor a planning on my part, but I can't imagine being able to go less than weekly. We have our prescriptions and do our grocery shopping there.

DrSally
09-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Uh, Thursday I went twice in one day!

HIU8
09-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Holy moly. Once a month is my Costco run. I'm at target 3 times a week at minimum. I live withing 15 minutes of 3 Targets (all with semi or full grocery sections). Heck, I pretty much live there.

niccig
09-19-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm the odd one out. I'm not at Target very much. Didn't go last week or the week before. I get my prescriptions and groceries some where else.

There are times when I'll go a few times within a short period of time, but then also long stretches of no visits. What are you all buying there?

resipsaloquitur
09-19-2010, 12:11 AM
There have been some days when I have to three or four different Target locations just to see what is on clearance. :bag
:yeahthat:

LarsMal
09-19-2010, 12:12 AM
I went to a different location the other day (second or third trip for the week) and DS immediately pointed out that it looked different than "our" Target!

I think DH would like if I went monthly!

Melaine
09-19-2010, 07:26 AM
What are you all buying there?

Ignorance is bliss (and good for the wallet).

I'm perimeter-perusing, hitting the clearance and scanning things for "hidden" clearance.

SnuggleBuggles
09-19-2010, 10:13 AM

I get my prescriptions there so sometimes that adds to the number of trips (I'll have just gone for regular stuff then 2 days later someone needs antibiotics for something...). I can almost always think of something I need from Target. :) I get some groceries there like bread b/c I really hate the bread at WF and TJ's. Socks and undies for the kids. Birthday presents (much as I'd love to do Etsy for gifts I have a big thing about including gift receipts plus Target is handy for most people I know).

If I were more organized I could keep a running list and get down to 2-3/ month. I can't see ever getting down to once/ month. Plus, I'd go into major withdrawal. :)

Beth

randomkid
09-19-2010, 10:36 AM

Whatever we need - groceries, school supplies, household items, personal care items, birthday presents, etc. In my PP, I mentioned getting a DVD for DD - had been there after work with her one day because she ran out of toothpaste. She asked for the DVD, but I told her no. Went back Sat to get it for her for Christmas because it was on sale - also got her a leotard and DH bought a shirt for Halloween. When I'm rushed or feeling lazy and nobody else is home for dinner, I will stop to get DD a pizza from the Target Cafe - that isn't often though. Our Target is between her school and home, so an easy stop.

I also coupon a lot and I can get some great deals at Target by stacking coupons. I can sometimes get trial size items there for free by using coupons (if the coupon does not exclude trial sizes, of course). I have gotten 4 or 5 one load packets of Tide for .97 and used a 1.00 off coupon. Hey, if I'm already at Target, why not pick up a couple of packs and get a few loads of free detergent? The prices on groceries there are comparable to Super WalMart around here (which I hate with a passion) and using coupons saves me lots of $$$ over going to our local grocery store. Some items can be at least if not more than a dollar less at Target than at our grocery store. I also buy their store brands which are pretty good. I do have to say that I am not crazy about their produce and meats.

kijip
09-19-2010, 03:48 PM
I hate shopping and will go out of my way to avoid it. By the time we go to a target my list is about a foot long. Maybe quarterly- workout clothes, misc cleaning needs, socks, gifts, school supplies, odd house need. Weekly would be the death of me. I don't think mine has groceries but they were remodeling I think the Last time I was there so that could be it.

randomkid
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I hate shopping and will go out of my way to avoid it. By the time we go to a target my list is about a foot long. Maybe quarterly- workout clothes, misc cleaning needs, socks, gifts, school supplies, odd house need. Weekly would be the death of me. I don't think mine has groceries but they were remodeling I think the Last time I was there so that could be it.

I don't especially like shopping either, but one BIG trip like that would be the death of ME - ugh! I go more often because I hate shopping. My trips are shorter and overwith ASAP! I'd be ripping my hair out if I had to do everything at once!! I totally dread it when I have to take DD with me to Target or the grocery store because I know she will prolong the trip with all her little distractions. I try to leave her home whenever possible because I inevitably end up getting irritated with her for making me take too much time in the store.

niccig
09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Whatever we need - groceries, school supplies, household items, personal care items, birthday presents, etc. In my PP, I mentioned getting a DVD for DD - had been there after work with her one day because she ran out of toothpaste. She asked for the DVD, but I told her no. Went back Sat to get it for her for Christmas because it was on sale - also got her a leotard and DH bought a shirt for Halloween. When I'm rushed or feeling lazy and nobody else is home for dinner, I will stop to get DD a pizza from the Target Cafe - that isn't often though. Our Target is between her school and home, so an easy stop.

I also coupon a lot and I can get some great deals at Target by stacking coupons.

I do get all those things at Target sometimes, but I'll also get them at the grocery store or elsewhere. It depends what else I need when I need toilet paper. I'm also particular about certain brands when it comes to food, and I grocery shop a lot at TJs. My Target now has a grocery section, so I might stop there more often now. I think I go maybe every 3 weeks.

I have a prime membership with Amazon, so I now use that for birthday presents as long as I have the 2 days for the shipping. I get my prescriptions at a local indep. drug store. This is probably good, as I rarely leave Targer with less than $100 bill. I should just keep avoiding it.

kijip
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't especially like shopping either, but one BIG trip like that would be the death of ME - ugh! I go more often because I hate shopping. My trips are shorter and overwith ASAP! I'd be ripping my hair out if I had to do everything at once!! I totally dread it when I have to take DD with me to Target or the grocery store because I know she will prolong the trip with all her little distractions. I try to leave her home whenever possible because I inevitably end up getting irritated with her for making me take too much time in the store.

Classic case of to each their own. I feel like I save money because I am in a hurry to get it over with and don't stop and look at things I don't have on my list as much as I would if I was just there for 1 thing. But I can see how the reverse would be true as well. I usually have both kids and my husband with me when we go to the store, so it's not calm but it's not as hard because we have 1 set of hands and eyes watching each kid, LOL.

We also are guilty of using Amazon Fresh to avoid a trip out to the store, so there you have it. Store adverse I am! I used to think it was because I didn't like spending $$ but now I think it is because the lights and noise and signs bother me.

elliput
09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm perimeter-perusing, hitting the clearance and scanning things for "hidden" clearance.
Yep- this exactly. My persistence paid off this week too. I found the perfect round patio table which was still marked at 30% off, but was actually at 75% off. $14.75 for a $59 table. :cheerleader1: I also look at Target shopping as a form of exercise. I am on my feet walking, albeit slowly, for at least 45 min to an hour.

HIU8
09-19-2010, 09:26 PM
I do a lot of target shopping b/c when I compared prices at the grocery store for items we use, Target was far cheaper. The grocery stores around me are really expensive and they keep upping their prices. I get 1 gallon of milk at Target for $2.99. At one grocery store the same milk is $3.69/gallon and another it's $4.99/gallon. The veggie sausages we eat are also $1 less at Target (DD and DS eat them for breakfast every morning). I also coupon shop like crazy so I end up saving more by going to target. Also, I'm not a huge browser, so I go in and get what I need and leave.

3blackcats
09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
The week after DD was born, DH was there every single day! I've been there 3 times this week myself :) And since they have put groceries in, why would I need to go anywhere besides Target and Trader Joes?

egoldber
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I feel like I save money because I am in a hurry to get it over with and don't stop and look at things I don't have on my list as much as I would if I was just there for 1 thing

This is exactly me. I used to recreational shop at Target. When DH was laid off I stopped going except when I HAD to. If I have a list of 10-20 things, then I get that and that's it. If I have a list with 2-3 items, then I browse and end up buying a ton of things I don't need.

When I started work there was a Target 2 blocks away. When I didn't know anyone at first and before I started going to the gym at work, I was there almost every day just for something to do at lunch. And I probably spent $30-$50 a day. :o

DrSally
09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I also look at Target shopping as a form of exercise. I am on my feet walking, albeit slowly, for at least 45 min to an hour.

:ROTFLMAO: True. It's an outing for us. Love to find clearance items and cool things I didn't know I needed. We have a Supertarget, so I get most of my groc there. I'll go in with a groc list and then remember a few personal care or household items I need. I also get my prescriptions there. I like how they package their amox. I found a good bra there recently, and I like purusing the clearance clothes for steals. I really like the coupons--I get good ones at the register, online, and in the mail.

randomkid
09-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I do a lot of target shopping b/c when I compared prices at the grocery store for items we use, Target was far cheaper. The grocery stores around me are really expensive and they keep upping their prices. I get 1 gallon of milk at Target for $2.99. At one grocery store the same milk is $3.69/gallon and another it's $4.99/gallon. The veggie sausages we eat are also $1 less at Target (DD and DS eat them for breakfast every morning). I also coupon shop like crazy so I end up saving more by going to target. Also, I'm not a huge browser, so I go in and get what I need and leave.

:yeahthat:

And I NEVER go to Target without a list, at least one in my head (if it's only a few things like the DVD and leotard I bought Sat night). I browse a little, but only buy things that we need. If it's not on my list, then it is likely on clearance. A couple of weeks ago, I was shopping for school supplies on clearance and found garden stuff on clearance, so bought a couple of things that were on my "mental list" - this is a list of things I know we need, but will only buy if on sale somewhere. Oh yeah, Target can be very dangerous if you don't go with a list and stick to it. I guess I have fairly good self control and since I don't really like shopping, I don't browse a lot. I make a beeline for what we need, throw it in the cart and move on to the next item!

Planning to go today as a matter of fact! Have a return and need to pick up a few groceries - lol!