PDA

View Full Version : Boots for skinny calves?

SnuggleBuggles
09-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I have really narrow calves and ankles. I tried on a few pair of boots today and was reminded of why I never bought any boots last year- calves are skinny. Has anyone found a good fitting boot for this situation?

TIA!
Beth

WolfpackMom
09-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Following this with great interest, I have the same issue even with jeans tucked into boots!

bubbaray
09-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I have the same problem.

LBW
09-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Try Camper boots. I have skinny calves. I ordered a pair last year - and they were too tight! Definitely a first for me.

salsah
09-19-2010, 01:28 AM
i have the same problem too. i know i've seen boots made for large calves, but never ones made for skinny calves.
i really want those ferragamo riding boots that someone linked to in another thread. so gorgeous!

SnuggleBuggles
09-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Glad I'm not alone. My friend has the opposite problem and she finally found some. I think there's hope for me (us :)). I'll look at the Camper ones- Thanks!!

Beth

arivecchi
09-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Not cheap - but Prada boots are very skinny. I've seen good deals on ebay.

SnuggleBuggles
09-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I can't even imagine ebay rices are in my budget. ;) But, if I ever stumble across a pair that is I will check them out- might be worth a splurge!! I'm more in the under $150, even better under $100 range though. :)

Beth

arivecchi
09-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I hear ya. I have never paid full price for mine. I got them on heavy discount at end of season sales at Saks. They are amazing and look great so it is worth the splurge IMO if you find a great price.

LarsMal
09-19-2010, 11:50 AM
I hear ya. I have never paid full price for mine. I got them on heavy discount at end of season sales at Saks. They are amazing and look great so it is worth the splurge IMO if you find a great price.

I think I want to come live in your closet!

oneplustwo
09-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately, you often have to go to the super-expensive high-end brands to find lots of skinny-calf options. If you have the $$$$ or are a good bargain hunter, Stuart Weitzman, Prada, etc. all tend to make boots with lower calf circumferences.

Brands with less stratospheric prices that can fit skinny calves include Sudini (love this brand), Miz Mooz, Franco Sarto, La Canadienne (still pricey though), some Eric Michael, and I think some Aerosoles.

shoxie
09-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I have the same issue. I got a pair of Rieker boots and they fit great! They run around $150 or less, so the price was ok. I would love a pair of Prada but have never gotten lucky enough to find my size at the end of season sales. They're always down to like one pair, and it's not my size, unfortunately! Rieker makes some nice styles, too.

WolfpackMom
09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
I went to Nordstrom Rack today and found myself in the designer shoe section. Found an awesome pair that fit perfect...and were $200 (orig 500). I wish I never went in that section as I am now in lust with those boots that fit my chicken legs and they are a good $100 over my range!!

oneplustwo
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Now I want to know - what brand were they? What style?

Sounds like a great find!

arivecchi
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
I think I want to come live in your closet!Thanks. Most of these purchases were pre-babies. Good thing I stocked up then!

peanut520
09-20-2010, 12:52 PM
you can always just get the calves taken in. you cant do it for all boots, but a good shoe repair shop should be able to to take them in. or even better if you can find someone that deals with riding boots (english). i used to buy boots off the rack and get them taken in to fit me at a fraction of the cost of custom riding boots.

lovin2shop
09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I may have to go on a hunt for some Prada's too. I lucked out last year and found two pair of Prada shoes at DSW for less than $200 each. It cracked me up buying them because I also had some DSW coupons and I just can't imagine the average Prada shopper shows up with coupons. They were for work, and hands down they are my absolute favorite shoes. I would love to be able to get them again for that price and keep as a spare in case they get totatlly worn out.

I swear there is no end to the good info on the BBB! I had no idea that boots could be taken in. I always have the skinny calf problem. Plus, I'm short, so the wide boot look = me looking like I'm standing in a bucket!

WolfpackMom
09-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Now I want to know - what brand were they? What style?

Sounds like a great find!

I dont know. I was so bummed out a ran away from them as quickly as possible so that I wouldnt be tempted to spend the money. Lame, I know. Sorry! I will try and find them online...

tny915
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
It took me going through probably 20 pairs of boots to find a good fitting pair. I bought from Endless/Piperlime/Zappos, and my doorstep looked like a stockroom. I ended up with these

Sudini Provo, bought off 6pm for maybe $50. They're my dressy boot for work.
http://www.amazon.com/Sudini-Womens-Provo-Tall-Boot/dp/B001CMFU78

Timberland Lexiss
http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Womens-Lexiss-Full-Shaft/dp/B001764CE6

Frye Veronica Slouch
http://www.zappos.com/frye-veronica-slouch-slate-leather?zfcTest=prodPage2a:0

You just have to keep trying. The online sites were helpful because they would list out the shaft circumference in the boot description. Good luck!

SnuggleBuggles
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
It took me going through probably 20 pairs of boots to find a good fitting pair. I bought from Endless/Piperlime/Zappos, and my doorstep looked like a stockroom. I ended up with these

Sudini Provo, bought off 6pm for maybe $50. They're my dressy boot for work.
http://www.amazon.com/Sudini-Womens-Provo-Tall-Boot/dp/B001CMFU78

Timberland Lexiss
http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Womens-Lexiss-Full-Shaft/dp/B001764CE6

Frye Veronica Slouch
http://www.zappos.com/frye-veronica-slouch-slate-leather?zfcTest=prodPage2a:0

You just have to keep trying. The online sites were helpful because they would list out the shaft circumference in the boot description. Good luck!

Thanks for the picks and tips!!

And peanut- thanks for the idea of having them taken in. We have a great shoe repair store nearby.

Beth

swampnurse
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks! I'm so tired of the boots flapping around my calves!

MizMojoLaveau
09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Same problem here. Found a pair of the very casual sweater knit ugg-like boots @ Ross for like $25 that are super skinny. Never cared much for this kind, but they have cool large buttons and can be worn up or down. Now let's hope they don't stretch out up top!

Aishe
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Sudini brand works well for my scrawny calves.