PDA

View Full Version : Down Alternative Comforters from The Company Store?

Twoboos
09-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Any feedback on these? We need a new one as winter approaches and I just got a 20% off coupon in the mail. (Don't ask me how! It was a surprise to me.)

I am probably interested in Down Alternative, and live in New England so we are talking cold winter.

Thanks!

infomama
09-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I've had one in the past and it was down. That was a loooong time ago and would go down alternative now for sure. That being said, it was a really nice comforter.

Dr C
09-18-2010, 09:33 PM
We have one. I love it. Washes great. It's the mid weight, I believe, and keeps us cozy in the winter with a duvet cover and in spring/fall without. The colors are nice enough that you don't have to use a duvet cover. And it's washable so I can get the dog footprints off, LOL. We've been very pleased with the quality.

rkold
09-18-2010, 10:42 PM
I bought a down alternative around 6 or 7 years ago. I mostly love it. It's very soft and warm and fluffy, but I can't remember what weight I bought but it is just not enough for NY/CT winters. I've thought about buying a 2nd in the heaviest weight for Winter. (I know mine was not the heaviest weight.) If you're buying one for Winter use I would definitely say get the "Ultra Warmth"