PDA

View Full Version : ISO Train Table deal

hellokitty1
09-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Anyone seen any good deals on train tables lately? It used to be about this time of year when Costco would start putting out great Christmas finds and they used to sell a train table every year.

TIA.

amybds
10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Bumping this up as I'm also looking for a deal on a train table and haven't had much luck stalking Craigslist. We already have lots of trains/tracks and just need a table. I'm thinking of maybe just getting the generic Target Circo one, but also was looking at KidKraft. Costco has a KidKraft one, but it has a train set and no storage.

DrSally
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I see them on CL all the time, have you checked there?

DrSally
10-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I got ours *after* xmas at Target for $40, but have heard them go as low as $20. I'm sure the Circo train tables will go on clearance after the holidays if you can wait.

skohng
10-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Anyone seen any good deals on train tables lately? It used to be about this time of year when Costco would start putting out great Christmas finds and they used to sell a train table every year.

TIA.

Costco has a KidKraft table and train set for $109 in store.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11539563&search=train%20table&Mo=4&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=train%20table&Ntt=train%20table&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

liz
10-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I second the train table from Target. They always have at least one good sale on them between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

mariza
10-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I got ours *after* xmas at Target for $40, but have heard them go as low as $20. I'm sure the Circo train tables will go on clearance after the holidays if you can wait.

:yeahthat: I got ours for $19.99 last year and it gets daily use! I'm actually considering an upgrade to the Land of Nod table though, so I'm glad I didn't spend a ton on this one. It's held up really well, no complaints from a quality standpoint, *I* just want a table that can look like a coffee table in my living room :D

ahisma
10-12-2010, 10:48 PM
:yeahthat: I got ours for $19.99 last year and it gets daily use! I'm actually considering an upgrade to the Land of Nod table though, so I'm glad I didn't spend a ton on this one. It's held up really well, no complaints from a quality standpoint, *I* just want a table that can look like a coffee table in my living room :D

I have both...kinda "meh" on the LON one. LOVE how it looks, but the tabletop is soft and is really dinged up. We swapped it out, but the second one was the same. If you can deal with a dinged tabletop it's worth it. I didn't expect that going in and was bummed. It is solid and well made otherwise though.

Also, the LON one doesn't have sides to keep the trains on. Not sure if that's an issue for you or not. The PBK one does, I think.

mariza
10-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the input, I'd be really bummed about dings too. I guess I'll just wait a few years till I can get furniture for myself in my living room! To the OP, I would wait till after Christmas to look for the train table if possible. Even $40 is a HUGE difference from the current retail.

DrSally
10-12-2010, 11:21 PM
I would love to get a Nilo table if I could find a decent price online (under $100). We could use it for dollhouses, etc. too.

groundhog74
10-12-2010, 11:30 PM
We made our own giant train table for DS a couple years ago. I like it a lot better than the TRU one we have.