PDA

View Full Version : TRU B2G1 free - Imaginext - Is that the best there is?

WatchingThemGrow
09-19-2010, 08:04 AM
We're hoping to get DS1 some Imaginext stuff- the firehouse, space shuttle, plus some vehicles and action figures. We want to give them out slowly over his Nov. birthday and Christmas, so we have time to wait for another sale.

This week they are essentially 33% off all Imaginext. Does it ever go B1G1?
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3808774

ohiomom1121
09-19-2010, 08:12 AM
DS1 loves Imaginext and I always buy them when they are B2G1...can't remember them ever being B1G1 in the last few years. I just try to buy 3 items that are similar in price to get the best deals. Is your son into Batman? That one has been a HUGE hit for DS1 and DD. They play Batman and Polly Pockets together. :)

cindys
09-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks OP!

DS has the Batcave and LOVES it, he plays with it for hrs...

I have recently bought a few things for the Cave at Target because they are slightly cheaper than TRU, but I will check out this deal..

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

pjsmom30
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't see any of the new Robot Police line at ToysRUs. I wonder if they are exclusive to Target?

kristac
09-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't see any of the new Robot Police line at ToysRUs. I wonder if they are exclusive to Target?

Yes they are Target exclusives.

boyzmom
09-19-2010, 12:52 PM
They always go b1g1 in November. It seems to be the week after the big book. My boys both have Nov birthdays and we always get imaginext and put some away for xmas when that sale comes around. They still have a pretty big imaginext list this year and they will be 6 and 4.

tigs4999
09-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Kohl's currently has the batmobile on sale for $19.79 (down from $33) and you can get another 30% off with september30 (if you have a kohl's card) bringing it to $13.85. Shipping is free if you order $75

They also have the joker's playhouse for $25 and Big foot for $99 online (before 30% off), not sure what they have in store these days - they used to carry a fair bit of imaginex but not sure these days.

WatchingThemGrow
09-19-2010, 02:06 PM
They always go b1g1 in November. It seems to be the week after the big book. My boys both have Nov birthdays and we always get imaginext and put some away for xmas when that sale comes around. They still have a pretty big imaginext list this year and they will be 6 and 4.
Do you know WHEN in Nov? We have a birthday on the 10th... I'd rather wait for B1G1, but I guess we could chance it....

Was the sale before or after your boys' birthdays?

boyzmom
09-19-2010, 10:42 PM
The sale in the past started the first or second Sunday in Nov. you could always buy now and if the sale starts before the bday just return and rebuy at the b1g1. Then if it is after the party you could have gotten a sale anyway.

WatchingThemGrow
09-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Such great info... :) thanks!! I think I will just go ahead and get stuff....after checking their return policy. DH is excited to play with some of the sets. I really like the sky racers, lol.

boyzmom
09-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I know. My boys are so excited to get some new ones. They LOVE Imaginext!!!! I hope to get them the big sky racer ship and the space shuttle. They also want the Toy Story Junkyard. and of course the accessories. They both have birthdays and christmas coming.

Good Luck

iaam
11-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Any word on current/upcoming deals on Imaginext? I don't think the B1G1 TRU sale has happened yet... I hope it does soon!

WatchingThemGrow
11-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Any word on current/upcoming deals on Imaginext? I don't think the B1G1 TRU sale has happened yet... I hope it does soon!
I know...I kept waiting, but the birthday came and went. We got the Firehouse, the Space Shuttle, and the construction crane initially. (Firehouse for Nov. birthday, other two for Christmas.) I went back last Sat. to exchange the Crane b/c the reviews online showed it to fall down and not be a very strong crane. They said I had to pick an item for $34.99 as an even exchange, so the Sky Racers aircraft carrier was on sale for that same price. So..for $91, we got all three. Not B1G1, but good enough...

We desperately need the ambulance, police car, helicopter, some more figures, etc. Our DC are all so close in age, when one starts playing with something, the other two come running over and get their hands on the same thing. We need complete sets of stuff here.

Is anyone keeping an eye out for bargains on the FP website or elsewhere?

KrisM
11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
The helicopter is at Kohl's. I ordered online, but I did see it at the store. I paid $19.24 after the 30% code the other day. It's this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Imaginext-Helicopter-Rescue-Gift-Set/dp/B002XXCOWO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290131565&sr=8-2

WatchingThemGrow
11-26-2010, 09:45 PM
The helicopter is at Kohl's. I ordered online, but I did see it at the store. I paid $19.24 after the 30% code the other day. It's this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Imaginext-Helicopter-Rescue-Gift-Set/dp/B002XXCOWO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290131565&sr=8-2
:kisscheek: Got it for the same price today in store with the 40% off FP toys and 15% coupon. Thanks for letting me know it was there. I picked up a patrol car (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/saleevents/1125eb/homepage/001_entirestocktoys/PRD~659775/FisherPrice+Imaginext+Rescue+Police+Car.jsp) as well. Now I need to find an ambulance. The one at Kohl's was orange, but I feel like the white is more appropriate since that's what we see passing our house 10x/day. Seen those anywhere?