PDA

View Full Version : Changing Your User Name?

amldaley
09-19-2010, 03:37 PM
I have been tempted to change my user name for ages. It is close to, well, my name and it is also my email address and I think if you Google it, it actually returns BBB in the search results. I work in a public job, where hundreds and maybe more than a thousand people know who I am. Facebook is no longer sacred as I have to "Friend" so many work related people. BBB is my last sanctuary!

Would you change your user name? Have you? Why or why not? I even have a new name I now use on other site.

BabyMine
09-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I love my user name and would never change it. Plus I couldn't think of anything else. I go by this name on most boards when it's available.

JBaxter
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I think you have to show good cause. There have been several users change theirs slightly you have to look close to catch it ;) Contact a mod and plead your case

Fairy
09-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes, as Jeanna mentioned, you have to have a compelling reason to change it, like privacy concerns. Otherwise it's not encouraged to do this, and it's really up to the mods. Just reach out to one of them or click "contact us" at the bottom of every page, and let them know what you'd like to do, then they'll get in touch with you.