PDA

View Full Version : Summer clearance sales on clothing?

Pinky
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know whether or not department stores will tell you when they are going to further mark down their summer clearance racks?

I found a lot of nice deals on summer baby clothes at places like JCPenney, Macy's, Dillards etc but they were only 60% off. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck calling to ask when they'd mark them down further.

I'm guessing certain stores do mark downs on certain days of the week?

MomtoNico
09-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Most stores around me dont say when they are going to mark down their inventory. I did go to Macys last week when they had their one day sale because they had in their flier that the clearance was going to be 50% off. Then I had a 10 off 25 coupon. JC Penney around here- new england -got rid of their summer stuff already. Sears use to mark down their clothes really quickly but they dont seem to anymore. Kmart also.
Sometimes there are rumors that Old Navy will have one of their half off clearance sales. I love those most of the time. So I get there early to stock up for the next year.

I didnt even have luck at our Targets. Usually I get a few things 75% off. I read in other boards that the clothes did go that low but ours didnt have anything left.

I havent done great on sales this year. Besides Macys I really didnt buy much.

Hopefully people will post when they know of a good sale.

jvs195
09-20-2010, 08:16 AM
I got a lot at Lord and Taylor (for me) when they were extra 60% off clearance and had an extra 20% off coupon. They didn't have much I wanted in kids and it only went to extra 50% off and now most of the racks are gone. Macy's if you have an extra 20% off coupon on top of their markdown is probably best you'll get.