PDA

View Full Version : Any Mad Men fans?

jenfromnj
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
We are a Mad Men obsessed household, and judging from the Facebook posts I've seen last night and this morning, we're not the only ones!

WDYT of this season so far? I thought it got off to a slow start, but now it seems to have hit its stride. The episode 2 weeks ago with Peggy's birthday was maybe my favorite ep ever. I thought last night's was good, but not sure what to make of the Don/Dr. Faye relationship.

hollybloom24
09-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I TiVo-ed last night's episode so have not seen it yet.

LOVE Mad Men! I liked Peggy's birthday episode a lot too.

Betty is really bugging me these days, and Henry should mind his own business!

AnnieW625
09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Yes I like Mad Men, but I have only see the first three episodes of this season. I am not sure how much I like it this season, but I am hoping it gets better. The end of last season was soo good that I had very high hopes for this season.

jenfromnj
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes I like Mad Men, but I have only see the first three episodes of this season. I am not sure how much I like it this season, but I am hoping it gets better. The end of last season was soo good that I had very high hopes for this season.

IMO, the first few episodes were definitely not my favorites and just kind of setting things up, the past few episodes have been much better.

elektra
09-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Love Mad Men here! I work in the ad biz too, spending several years at an ad agency, and I also just love the interior design from that period so this show is for me on those points alone!
Yes the episode between Peggy and Don was fabulous. And I loved how all 3 women were in the elevator together at the end.
I hate taking all of those sexual harrassment courses at work- it all just seems like commmon sense. But I think I take for granted how much women had to go through in the workplace to get where we are now. I can't imagine having to work in an environment where it was acceptable to do some of the stuff those guys get away with on the show.

deborah_r
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I love Mad Men! Just started watching (caught up on old episodes before this season started) because I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. Last night was very good, but definitely the Peggy birthday episode was the best this season. Loved Joan and Roger last night, and really enjoyed Don's interactions with Sally. Loved the pancake syrup/rum confusion, that was hilarious! "Is it bad?" (pause) "Not really."

MolieMuts
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM
I also thought the season started off slow, but the last two shows have been really good. The whole Ms. Blankenship scene made me LOL.

alirebco
09-20-2010, 01:16 PM
I also haven't seen last night's episode but we love Mad Men in our house! They like to build it up slowly so the season normally starts a bit slow but I think it's because they don't try and force anything. Loved the episode with Peggy and Don. Betty is so annoying and I don't know how Henry stands her.

Twoboos
09-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Total MM fans here. And I am not reading anything in this thread in case there are spoilers from last night. :)

We really thought that Peggy bday episode was phenomenal. The fight w/Duck and Don... OMG, it made me cringe so badly I actually couldn't watch!!

I am glad Don seems to be getting himself together though, or at least starting to consider it. (Again, haven't watched last night so hopefully that's still true!)

MissyAg94
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes! We love Mad Men.

liamsmom
09-20-2010, 05:47 PM
The episode 2 weeks ago with Peggy's birthday was maybe my favorite ep ever.

:yeahthat: I'm sure lots of people feel that way. I sure do!

I'm really starting to like this season. I love that the changes of the 60s are really starting to shine through. Loved the Rolling Stones being used in the last episode.

Dare I ask what people think about Betty? I don't love the character, but I hate how she is vilified. Posters on TV boards seem hold her far more accountable as a bad parent than they do Don.

lovebebes
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
love Mad Men!!!

I like to dissect Betty mentally...lol..I find her character both annoying and captivating at the same time-like, why is she such a B?

I asked DH-why do you think Betty hated Don so much? Clearly it was not just because he strayed-as she has brought that up once quite casually..I just like to think and wonder, why exactly did she hate him so so much.

and Henry is so vanilla.

elektra
09-20-2010, 06:30 PM
love Mad Men!!!

I like to dissect Betty mentally...lol..I find her character both annoying and captivating at the same time-like, why is she such a B?

I asked DH-why do you think Betty hated Don so much? Clearly it was not just because he strayed-as she has brought that up once quite casually..I just like to think and wonder, why exactly did she hate him so so much.

and Henry is so vanilla.

Well based on last week's episode and I think the week prior, she does not seem to be over Don. I'm sure she is mad at herself for still feeling this way and maybe it comes out as a hatred for Don.

lovebebes
09-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Well based on last week's episode and I think the week prior, she does not seem to be over Don. I'm sure she is mad at herself for still feeling this way and maybe it comes out as a hatred for Don.

i completely agree with you on that.

i am wondering though about the time before they separated-she just seemed to be so full of hate towards him and i wonder why...

elektra
09-20-2010, 07:05 PM
i completely agree with you on that.

i am wondering though about the time before they separated-she just seemed to be so full of hate towards him and i wonder why...

Maybe there is more backstory to Betty that we will get to find out or something. :popc1:
However before, I can see where was just completely disgusted with his cheating and selfishness. But her timing on wanting the divorce right after he told her about his past seemed harsh.
I do need to start from the very beginning though I think as I have missed several episodes before this season.

BayGirl2
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Love Mad Men. I got hooked by watching DVD's of the first seasons during my maternity leave. It has been good this season. Haven't watched last night yet and now I'll have to make time for it!

daniele_ut
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM
I just started watching it this season and I'm hooked now. I need to go back and start with the first season and catch up on things. I've put Season 1 on my Netflix, but is there anywhere else to watch episodes that old online?

Twoboos
09-20-2010, 10:31 PM
I also thought the season started off slow, but the last two shows have been really good. The whole Ms. Blankenship scene made me LOL.

Just finished watching. I am so sad Mrs. Blankenship died! (I just found out like last week that she was Ralph Macchio's mom in The Karate Kid!) Them rolling her out was so funny.

Ugh, Joan and Roger!! There is always going to be something between them. Roger has such good lines, he makes me laugh each epi.

The Scenes from Next Week looked really good... something definitely goes very wrong at SCDP.

MissyAg94
09-20-2010, 10:41 PM
The previews always frustrate me because they are so vague! But they keep me coming back, I guess. Or is it yummy Don Draper??

elektra
09-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Or is it yummy Don Draper??
I would still be watching even if the show wasn't as good as it is because of Don. His voice his looks, his vulnerable side,..... gotta have me some Don every week! ;)

Has anyone seen Jon Hamm on 30 Rock? He plays such a goofy guy there!

Carrots
09-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Mad Men household here. We LOVE the show and the characters. Roger Sterling is hilarious.

The previews always frustrate me because they are so vague!

I agree. DH and I find them completely entertaining. The Mad Men prieviews are the only previews on TV that leave you knowing less about the next episode. :)