PDA

View Full Version : If you buy your kid's shoes online...

happymom
09-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Any tricks to knowing if they fit? I guess I'm kinda a rookie because my DD is only 21 months and she's my first child. I ordered online to avoid a disastrous trip to the shoe store (btdt) but now I'm really not sure if they fit properly. I can tell when they are small, but not sure how to really tell if theyre big enough.....This may be a dumb question, but any tricks?

TIA

AnnieW625
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
I order from Endless.com. I have never bought a brand though that I haven't tried on my daughter first. I usually buy two sizes to be safe, then return one.

Do you have a local non affliated shoe store (Stride Rite, etc.) near you? I find those stores much more helpful than Stride Rite.

Charlie
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Have her walk around the house in them and watch for heel slippage and if she can walk properly in them. If I put DS is shoes that are too big or don't fit properly, he usually ends up tripping.

JBaxter
09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
I dont buy toddler shoes online. The older kids I do once I can better judge how their feet grow. Even after 4 I NEED to have them ( or me) measure my little guys feet.

Now if I have say a pair of dinosoles and I know how they fit I have ordered the next size up in the same style

BabyMine
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I go to a regular store and have them measured then I order online. The store I go to would rather have a child correctly measured even if you don't buy from them.

TwinFoxes
09-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I try to pay attention to the reviews. If reviewers consistently say a shoe runs big or small, I take that into consideration. Also, I have a measurer thingy at home. :)

LMPC
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I do all of the things recommended by PPs...I am a big fan of having her walk around the house for a while....then I take them off and look for any red marks on her toes and heels. I have a DD, though, that would tell me if the shoes were too tight LOL -- she's getting to be rather picky in her old age! I also buy shoes that I have bought before from B&M, so that I am more aware of how they run size-wise.

09Mom
09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
A lot of manufacturers (for example see kai run) have a sizing template that you can download and print from their websites.