PDA

View Full Version : WTB at Kohls?

SoloMelody
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
I want to start shopping more often here. I have a Kohls card and a 30% off mailer coupon.

What are the go to items you would recommend?

--------------------------------------------------------
Thanks!
Here is my list so far
- carters pjs
- disney underwear
- jumping beans clothing(fall/winter)
- shoes for DD
- checkout petite jeans for myself

emily_gracesmama
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
For kids, we get our Disney underwear, gold toe socks and they carry Carter's so we get the fleece footed pj's too. I get the leotards for gymnastics and their line jumping beans held up really well this summer for playclothes. I was very surprised! I get my adidas socks here. Not much for me and hubby though!

scrooks
09-20-2010, 03:21 PM
In addition to the various childrens items the PP listed I also get practically all my picture frames at kolhs. I also typically final cute seasonal home decor.

wellyes
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
PJs and play clothes for DD.
Business casual clothes and shoes (dockers type stuff) for DH.
Cheap fun jewelry for me.

catpagmo
09-20-2010, 03:34 PM
I really like the Jumping Beans clothes for DD for school. They hold up well, and are very inexpensive, too. And cute. I also get some Carter's stuff there.

ang79
09-20-2010, 03:43 PM
I shop at Kohls way to much :)

I have bought petite jeans for myself, casual dress clothes and shoes for DH for work, New Balance sneakers for DH and I, clothes for the girls (Carter's and Jumping Beans). I really like the Jumping Beans shoes for the girls, as they are often on sale for $12 or less and the soles are pretty flexible. The Mary Janes and T-Strap ones are cute to wear to church and they've used the sandals too. I've also found good deals on bras for me, home decor, picture frames for gifts, and other clothing/shoes for me. Oh, the girls twin sheets from Jumping Beans are from there too, very soft t-shirt like material and they've held up well for the 2 years we've had them! I may start buying K-cups for my Keurig there when I get good coupons as well.

My rule for shopping at Kohl's is only go there when I have a 20 or 30% off coupon and try to stick to the clearance racks or sale racks. I never buy things full price there because I think they are overpriced at full price and they run sales so frequently that eventually most things go on sale or to steep clearance :)

Oh, their return policy is awesome too! If you shop online you can return in store, no questions asked. And an associate once told me that they do not have a time frame for returns (unlike Target, ON, etc. that have a 60 or 90 day policy). He said stuff stays in their system for at least 2 years and even if you don't have your receipt they can track it in their system and that their moto is to keep the customer happy. He said he had once processed a return for a 10 yr. old item with no receipt but had tags!

TamiRuns
09-20-2010, 04:07 PM
My rule for shopping at Kohl's is only go there when I have a 20 or 30% off coupon and try to stick to the clearance racks or sale racks. I never buy things full price there because I think they are overpriced at full price and they run sales so frequently that eventually most things go on sale or to steep clearance

ITA. One of the reasons I love Kohls is the sales and coupons. Things I/we like:
bras and undies
socks
clothes for dh (Dockers, Chaps, Levi's)
Shoes
toys
picture frames
Cute holiday hand towels (kitchen and bath)

Those are the main things. Oh, i usually buy shower/baby gifts there- if they want to return, there's a nice variety of stuff to pick from.

SnuggleBuggles
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
I really like the Jumping Beans clothes for DD for school. They hold up well, and are very inexpensive, too. And cute. I also get some Carter's stuff there.

:yeahthat: I'm a huge Jumping Beans' fan!

Other ideas...jeans for you, some of the Vera Wang tops, purses, and jewelry. They really mark up a lot of merchandise, especially housewares, so check prices around before you go. Even with a coupon they can be overpriced.

Beth

sewarsh
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm a fan of their Vera Wang sleepwear. Other than that and the $5 toys, I don't buy much there.

MomtoNico
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
I love Jumping beans too. I use a 5 dollar cert from my e-mail and buy them for really cheap. I also think their toys are a great deal. Esp when I or my Mom get the 30% off code. They often have fisher price toys for 40 or 50% off. Then another 30 with a coupon. I will stock up for b-day and christmas.

I love the Osh kosh and Carters clothes.

I also buy dress pants for my FIL. Unlike Macys. Kohls will take the 30% off on dockers.

I agree with the frames too. Great place to buy frames.

indigo99
09-20-2010, 05:20 PM
I shop there too much too. Things I've purchased recently:

polos and Levis for DH
bras
baby gates
door mat
picture frame
sleepsacks
pyrex
coffee maker

Nyfeara
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Besides what the other posters have noted, they also carry Foodsaver bags & some other misc kitchen storage items which can be a good deal with 20-30% off.

They also have online exclusive items, not available in the store. You can use your discount/discount code for an in-store purchase AND an online purchase.

tina-t
09-21-2010, 12:20 AM
I love Kohls!

I usually get:
Dh's polo shirts and pants
New Balance shoes for Dh and myself
sneakers for ds
Jumping Beans and Carter clothes for dd
Star Wars shirts for ds
socks and underwear for the kids
work out clothes for myself (Tek Gear)
Fashion jewelry
pillows
bath rugs

OctoberMommy2010
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
We love Kohl's. There is one right by our house, so it's all too convenient. I usually buy:

Baby & Toddler Clothes (for nieces & nephews)
Purses
Household Items (decor, rugs & pillows, etc.)
K-Cups
Watches for DH (he's obsessed with watches!)

I'm two weeks away from delivery. My SIL got me "coming home clothes" from Kohl's for a birthday gift. They are phenomenal!! She got me a pair of SUPER soft yoga pants and a really cute button up "jacket" for easy nursing - I think the brand was Danskin. It's green and really cute!

There are always fun finds at Kohl's. I do agree with other threads though; I usually don't shop unless I have a coupon and I do know that some of their stuff is overpriced, even with a coupon.

PS - If you are a Kohl's charge customer and don't have a coupon, you can ask the clerk if they "have any coupons right now?" and they automatically give you 15% off. I found that out a couple of months ago!

DebbieJ
09-22-2010, 10:04 AM
The answer is what NOT to buy at Kohl's? We buy a lot of stuff there. The frequent sales and coupons make it a great deal.

nightbird1103
09-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Kohls is my "go-to" store. I buy everything from underwear to vacuums there. I usually stock up when they have the 30% code. I got fed up with restrictions on Macy's coupons, so I haven't shopped there in ages.
I really like the jumping beans clothing for my preschoolers (i buy when they're 2/$12 plus the extra 30%off coupon )and my older dd really likes the mudd jeggings and their selection of clothing. I get my workout wear there- love the tek gear and fila bargains.
I also like the shoe selection and they carry great brands- nike, converse, asics, sketchers. The dress shirts for dh are great too. You name it, I've probably purchased it there :)
I've been happy with all my purchases and their return policy is awesome. My dd reconsidered on a pair of pink converse and dh already got rid of the box, and they were able to look them up using my charge history. No hassle at all!

lowrioh
09-22-2010, 12:06 PM
In addition to the PPs Kohls is often an excellent place to get a Keurig Coffee maker. They can be close to 40% off when they are on sale and you can use the 30% off coupons.

LGS
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I really like to load up on the Jumping Beans separates for my boys (tees and shorts or long-sleeve tees and pants) because they typically have things on them that my boys like (transportation, construction) or simple shirts with just a stripe or something that are different than the sometimes juvenile animal-type stuff on some other brands. BUT I have learned that bc of the cheap quality (which is great for playclothes and every day clothes and for the wallet), I buy one size ahead because of shrinkage, and I try to avoid anything with a dark blue or dark brown background because of fading. I also like how the Jumping Beans separates have fully-elastic-waist cargos and jeans which have been very helpful for my waits-too-long-to-pee son. :)

SoloMelody
09-23-2010, 05:05 PM
I made the trip...

- 3 sets of jumping beans separates at 2 for 12 $36
- 1 sweater for myself $32
- 1 oshkosh sweatshirt for $20 - need to return this...
- 1 shirt for myself $23 - return, dont like it anymore...

30% off 110 + $10 kohls cashback....

not bad, no more impusle shopping for myself, intention had been to get DD some clothes!

Thanks all for your suggestions!

DebbieJ
09-23-2010, 07:59 PM
I made the trip...

- 3 sets of jumping beans separates at 2 for 12 $36
- 1 sweater for myself $32
- 1 oshkosh sweatshirt for $20 - need to return this...
- 1 shirt for myself $23 - return, dont like it anymore...

30% off 110 + $10 kohls cashback....

not bad, no more impusle shopping for myself, intention had been to get DD some clothes!

Thanks all for your suggestions!

Just so you know, when you return, they'll take off a percentage for the Kohl's cash.