PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sheets for spare bed

jgenie
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
DS2's room used to be our guest room. We've decided to leave the full size bed in his room until he's STTN. The bed has floral sheets now but I want to replace those with something in a solid blue or yellow to match his room. Any advice on brands? I don't want anything too expensive but I would like something that will hold up to washing. TIA

daniele_ut
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I almost always order sheets for our king bed from Overstock.com and I've always been pleased. DS does have one set from Pottery Barn that have held up great. DD has a set of sheets from Garnet Hill that were on clearance and are REALLY nice. The sheets I got from Ikea for the guest bed are just so so. They don't have elastic all the way around and they aren't quite deep enough for the thick pillow top.

luckytwenty
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
We got our spare room bedding from Target and it's held up very nicely for several years now.

BabyBearsMom
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
If you are looking or nice, reasonably priced sheets, I just bought some gorgeous ones at Costco (Kirkland brand). They are 600 thread count and silky soft.

Our guest bed just has IKEA sheets. They aren't the best thing in the world, but they are 100% cotton and cheap.

tmahanes
09-20-2010, 03:34 PM
My everyday sheets are the modal ones from Target.... they are the only set we have used for the last 2 years (wash and put right back on) and they are soft and have held up great!!

scrooks
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
We just bought a set on clearance for our bed from Target (they are the 600 thread count ones). DH is pretty picky about sheets but so far so good. We've had them on for about a week.

MissyAg94
09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
If you are looking or nice, reasonably priced sheets, I just bought some gorgeous ones at Costco (Kirkland brand). They are 600 thread count and silky soft.

Our guest bed just has IKEA sheets. They aren't the best thing in the world, but they are 100% cotton and cheap.

We like our Costco sheets, too. Also, you could try HomeGoods/TJ Maxx or Marshalls.

jgenie
09-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions - now just to find a set in yellow or blue. :)

Kindra178
09-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Overstock.com. We had two sets of sheets for my ds' twin. Of course, one night he pukes twice and then we have no sheets for his bed. So I found a plain powder blue Tommy Hilfiger sheet set on overstock for 18.00 (pillowcase, flat sheet, fitted sheet). I got two sets. Honestly, there are softer and nicer than the PB Kids kind he uses regularly.

peanut520
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
we really like our costco sheets! soft and very durable, but we have had really good luck with overstock too.