PDA

View Full Version : where to buy Earths Best diapers?

dukie41181
09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
BRU? Target? Where do I go?!

citymama
09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Amazon.com. They're 30% off using Subscribe and Save (see extended thread in Bargain Alert board for more info), free ship, no taxes. Additional 20% off with coupon from Parents mag. I got a mega box of 150 or so for $16!!

JBaxter
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
My TRU has them

dukie41181
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Amazon.com. They're 30% off using Subscribe and Save (see extended thread in Bargain Alert board for more info), free ship, no taxes. Additional 20% off with coupon from Parents mag. I got a mega box of 150 or so for $16!!

We want to give them a try before we get lots. We CD but are wanting to do disposable for ovrnights because my daughtr is a heavy overnight wetter and it irritates her sensitive skin. How good are they as an overnight diaper?

citymama
09-20-2010, 05:11 PM
We want to give them a try before we get lots. We CD but are wanting to do disposable for ovrnights because my daughtr is a heavy overnight wetter and it irritates her sensitive skin. How good are they as an overnight diaper?

Haven't used them yet - bought a size up. For $16, a big box was about as much as a small pack! I know BRU carries a lot of EB products, so they may have dipes as well.

We did start using the wipes and they're fine.

AnnieW625
09-20-2010, 05:19 PM

We tried them a few years ago when they first came out and we got them at BRUS. They worked okay at night too, but compared to Seventh Gen. they felt way more mushy and we had to change them more often. We ended up switching to Kirkland diapers and were very happy. They didn't stink, irritate DD1, and they didn't leak at all.

SnuggleBuggles
09-20-2010, 05:35 PM
I buy them at TRU. I think Seventh Generation are better though. We have had some leaks from overnight use of EB but not with 7th Gen..

Beth

Claki
09-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Our size 3 EB were fantastic. Excellent as an overnight diaper and even DS's daycare teachers raved about how great they were. We recently switched to size 4's and they seem a little soggier, but we're still using them.

It's worth noting that they recently changed their design and did not change the outside packaging. I emailed Earth's Best to ask what was up with the change and they verified they had recently changed them.

dukie41181
09-20-2010, 08:02 PM
I buy them at TRU. I think Seventh Generation are better though. We have had some leaks from overnight use of EB but not with 7th Gen..

Beth

Oh boy! I have a pack of both and don't know where to start! We have been using the grovia disposable liners and she soaks through them overnight. I was/am hoping 7th Gen and/or Earths Best hold more. I do know the grovia are light on the absorbancy pellet thingies which is why I like them so much...I assume the 7th Gen and Earths Best have more. I might just start with one and put the grovia cover over it just in case to help protect the jammies.

BayGirl2
09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh boy! I have a pack of both and don't know where to start! We have been using the grovia disposable liners and she soaks through them overnight. I was/am hoping 7th Gen and/or Earths Best hold more. I do know the grovia are light on the absorbancy pellet thingies which is why I like them so much...I assume the 7th Gen and Earths Best have more. I might just start with one and put the grovia cover over it just in case to help protect the jammies.

Hi Dukie - We have the same issue, we CD but have rash problems overnight. We have been using Gdiaper disposable inserts with a cloth doubler (for extra absorbency) inside a Flip cover (you could use any CD cover, really). That seems to work really well for DS and they are compostable, no pellets/gel. Just a thought - you may want to try putting a cloth doubler behind the insert for extra absorbency.

dukie41181
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Dukie - We have the same issue, we CD but have rash problems overnight. We have been using Gdiaper disposable inserts with a cloth doubler (for extra absorbency) inside a Flip cover (you could use any CD cover, really). That seems to work really well for DS and they are compostable, no pellets/gel. Just a thought - you may want to try putting a cloth doubler behind the insert for extra absorbency.

Glad to know I'm not alone! I feel ignorant even asking, but when you say a cloth doubler, are you refering to like a prefold or just a microfiber/hemp insert that you'd use in a pocket diaper? I've heard people make this suggestion before but I've never been super clear. I'd love to give it a try if there's a chance it would work for us!

citymama
09-20-2010, 09:58 PM

Have you tried Tushies? They're pellet-free.

Smillow
09-20-2010, 10:42 PM
They have them in grocery stores here.

heatherandlouis
09-21-2010, 12:05 AM
I love the Earth's best diapers for my son. These are the only disposables that did not leak and cause a rash for him. We tried seventh generation and they leaked every time.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-21-2010, 01:11 AM

I buy their wipes, and get them from Amazon!

AnnieW625
09-21-2010, 12:15 PM

We actually had to use Huggies Overnites diapers for DD1 when she was in Seventh Gen., Earts Best, or Natural Baby Care diapers from about 12 mos. until 2/1/2. We finally were able to ditch the overnites at about 2/1/2 when we switched her to Kirkland diapers. We also didn't have any leaking issues with Huggies Supreme (which rumor has it are the same as Kirkland diapers). We finally put her in Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers at 3, and she was in those until she was 4. I really liked the Fuzzi Bunz pockets for night with DD1 and can't wait to start using them with DD2 in another month or two.

BayGirl2
09-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Glad to know I'm not alone! I feel ignorant even asking, but when you say a cloth doubler, are you refering to like a prefold or just a microfiber/hemp insert that you'd use in a pocket diaper? I've heard people make this suggestion before but I've never been super clear. I'd love to give it a try if there's a chance it would work for us!

I meant a microfiber insert. You could prob use a prefold too, but that may be bulky. We have "doublers" from thirsties or BG (can't remember which) so that's what I use. The key is adding more absorbency but keeping the wetness away from their skin.