PDA

View Full Version : VHS to DVD deals

iowavb
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
I have several VHS tapes (and tapes from a video camera like our wedding), and would like to know a good place (and inexpensive) to have this done. I've often seen deals at Walgreens, but I hate the quality of their photos, so I am leery of trying them. Anyone have any experience doing this? Thanks!

keckert
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Walgreens actually sends that stuff out to YesVideo DVD, so it's a separate company. I know CVS uses them too. I can't attest to their quality, but I just submitted some 5mm reels to them this morning because they have $5 off this week.

Last year, we went to Sams Club with our 5mm's and the DVD came out really nice. Our local Sam's Club though recently stopped offering the service unfortunately.

vball4all
09-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I haven't used them, but some MoM's around here toute Costco.

katydid1971
09-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I recently used Costco for some old family VHS. I was happy, I think it was Yes Video that did the transfer. It was sent off and it took about a month to ge them back. Glad we did it because some of the tapes were starting to get dark and would have been unusable soon. That's the problem with VHS, it has a very short life span.

mousemom
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
I haven't used them, but this is a reputable company that I've heard good things about and when I was looking they had good prices. I've emailed them some questions about a project I was considering and they responded promptly:
http://www.homemoviedepot.com/

zag95
09-20-2010, 10:54 PM
The title says it all- I believe it's $5 off for a conversion from VHS to DVD- I am requesting that from my mom for christmas, to convert our wedding video to DVD....

I think coupon is good until mid OCT

Mikey0709
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Can anyone give an idea of what this cost? Is it PER VHS TAPE?? or do they charge on how long it is? THANKS!

katydid1971
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Can anyone give an idea of what this cost? Is it PER VHS TAPE?? or do they charge on how long it is? THANKS!
$20 for 2 copies of a 2 hour long VHS.