PDA

View Full Version : I would like to mention egg spoons for babies

Edensmum
09-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I have and 8 month old who is basically just getting around to solids. He won't eat anything smooshy, or pureed but here and there I find need of a spoon to fit in his little mouth. I don't want plastic, as I'm just too sick of finding out the things I buy are horrible for us. So I went looking for stainless steel baby spoons. I found some stupidly expensive things. Then I found egg spoons. Little, stainless steel, egg spoons. Four of them for less than $6 dollars. I didn't know about egg spoons. I don't know what a soft boiled egg is, but I can guess and I'm sure I wouldn't like it. I like the spoons though. I like stainless steel too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BUDE5M/ref=oss_product

crl
09-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Thank you!

essnce629
09-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Cool, I want some! I think my mom has one little spoon like that and I like to use it for jam and stuff. Hmm, I wonder if my kids would like soft boiled eggs? Is that the same as poached eggs? I don't like eggs so I have no idea?

TwinFoxes
09-21-2010, 06:41 AM
That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing...cheap and effective. :)

Soft boiled eggs are also called 3 minute eggs. You boil them in water as if you were hard boiling them, but not all the way. If you like soft eggs, like poached eggs, or over easy, you'd probably like soft boiled eggs. But you really need egg cups to eat them.

http://www.factsfacts.com/EggCups/EggCupEaten.jpg

Tondi G
09-21-2010, 12:58 PM
My boys love Soft Boiled Eggs. Grandma calls them "Golden Eggs" and serves them with Soldiers (wheat toast cut in little strips) to dip into the warm soft yolk. when the yolk is gone they dig the white out with little egg spoons.

We use a small pot... 2 eggs, cold water. Put the flame on high and cook for 9 minutes. Usually makes perfect soft boiled eggs.

Oh and like the previous person said... you need egg cups (or shot glasses will do in a pinch).

LMPC
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
I have been using spoons made for espresso with DD for a while now -- probably the same size as egg spoons. She wanted so badly to be a "big girl" and didn't like her yellow gerber spoon I bought. So I found my espresso spoons and she was happy...perfect size for cheerios in the morning!

It's a great idea!

Babymakes3
09-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I use little hor d'oeuvre forks/spoons for ds, they match my silverware set too! I didn't intend for that use when I bought them but I quickly realized they are the perfect size for a toddler!

Wondermom
09-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Great idea! I ended up finding matching "cocktail" forks and "demitasse" spoons online, so perfect for my preschooler, too.

http://www.target.com/Cambridge-Oxford-6-pc-Cocktail-Fork/dp/B001AFDJZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid3&keywords=cocktail%20fork&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-1&qid=1285092919&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Cambridge%20Oxford%206-pc%20Cocktail%20Fork&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0