PDA

View Full Version : Girls and "chants"

PunkyBoo
09-21-2010, 12:16 AM
We went to a dinner at our church tonight to kick off Punkin's start of faith formation classes. It was very crowded and loud. Behind us were 2 little girls, probably 7 or 8 years old, doing hand-clap-chants (like pattycake games) constantly the entire time we were there. Besides the fact that they were loud and literally 6 inches behind my ears, this is what they were chanting (over and over and over :rollyeyes :
Strawberry Shortcake, cherry on top,
How many boyfriends do you got?

Seriously?? The grammar is deplorable, and the "subject matter"... I'm guessing (hoping) 7 or 8 year olds don't "get" what they're saying. The mom was just sitting there grinning at them. I, honestly, would be appalled if my kid was saying it (I'm not sure which would bother me more; the grammar or the "how many boyfriends" part?!?) Is this normal? Are little girls talking like this? I only have boys, so maybe my frame of reference is skewed.

Then again, Punkin named a teacher in a dramatic play/ story he made up the other day Mrs. Klitz. I just grit my teeth and pray he doesn't remember it next time...:shake: