PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 car seats and expert advice

Mommy22boys
09-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Hi,

Canadian newbie in need of sound advice. DS1 will turn 3 in 3 weeks, is 35# and 39" and is taller than average. He is currently FF in a RA in my car and an Evenflo Titan in DH's car.
DS2 is 10 months old and is currently in a Graco SR (2007) that I desperately need to get him out of because he's 23# and 29". I know, I know, pls don't judge me. Since DS1 is close to outgrowing his RA, I was thinking of giving his current seats to DS2 and getting two new seats that convert to boosters. DH thinks we should get new seats for DS2 but I would still need to get my oldest a new seat to replace the RA. So I plan to move DS2 into the RA and get DS1 a new convertible seat.

I'm considering getting DS1 a Frontier 85 for my car (if DH can get over the sticker shock) but have no clue what to do for DH's car. Do I keep DS1 in the Titan and get DS2 a new seat or vice versa? Any suggestions on what to get? Clerks at two different BRUs I visited over the weekend suggested the Alpha Omega or the EB 3-in-1, and I'm not crazy about either one. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

While I'm not necessarily looking for this to be our last car seat purchases, I would like the next seats to last us a little longer.