PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Bed Maker?

KrisM
09-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Do you make your bed every day? Why or why not?

I make my bed every day because regardless of the clutter everywhere else, it makes the room look so much nicer to me. When I was a kid, I never made it.

poll coming...

wellyes
09-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Did not as a kid, did not for most of my adult life, but have just started to now. Maybe because I am on maternity leave and have time LOL.

It is so nice to slip into a made bed at night vs a rumply one.

Melaine
09-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Nope. Maybe once a week?

hillview
09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Never. It is strange because every evening I throw it together to get into it but don't do it in the morning.
/hillary

lmwbasye
09-21-2010, 08:35 AM
I voted "other". I don't always get to it everyday, but try to on most days.

wendibird22
09-21-2010, 08:49 AM
I voted other. Typically I'm a daily bed maker. Can't stand getting into messy sheets. DH would never ever consider making the bed, so if I want it done it's all on me. That said, I'm always running late for work these days and just don't have the time. I do tidy them before crawling in at night, but it's not the same.

WolfpackMom
09-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Did every day as a kid because I was forced to....and now I dont make it unless its sheet changing day or company is coming over and they may end up walking by our bedroom or something. Im always in a rush because I delay getting up in the morning as long as possible so bed making goes out the window!

ThreeofUs
09-21-2010, 09:29 AM
We just have comforters, so a quick flip and the bed is "made". Sometimes, tho', the boys mess them up and sometimes we're running so fast there's no time. So I guess I get to the beds and they stay neat about 50% of the time.

hellokitty
09-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Most of the time, but there are some days where I hit the floor running and the bed isn't a high priority at all.

mommylamb
09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I voted no, but I probably should have voted other. My answer is no, because I don't do it. But, DH makes our bed about 75% of the time.

g-mama
09-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Every day.

My dh gets out of the bed later than I do every day, so I have to make a trip upstairs specifically to make the bed while he's showering and I'm in the midst of getting the boys out the door to school, but I have to do it!

crl
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
No, but not because it just gets messy again. Because I'm lazy and isn't a priority.

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
09-21-2010, 10:24 AM
If I had to see it often I would. But, I don't I'm in my room to sleep only. Dh is still asleep when I leave in the AM and no way is he thinking about making the bed!

Beth

edurnemk
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I make my bed every day because regardless of the clutter everywhere else, it makes the room look so much nicer to me.

This, exactly, is my reason. It lifts my mood! I made it part of my morning routine: shower, get dressed, make bed, put on make up, put on shoes.

maiaann
09-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Either DH or I make the bed every day. We don't tuck the sheets in all fancy or anything like that though. Just a quick tug on the blankets & comforter to smooth them out and we lay the pillows nicely at the top. DH does a much better job than I do. When I was younger I had the "what's the point" attitude, but now that I'm older it drives me crazy if the bed is not made.

elektra
09-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Nope. The only time it gets made is when we are having a party and people might see it.

citymama
09-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Yes, make it every day, and every time it gets messed up! We're also teaching DD1 to make her bed and help her make it everyday. It totally helps the room look neater, and it's a great way to teach kids about cleaning up. I absolutely made my bed growing up, with or without someone's help.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-21-2010, 02:22 PM
i voted no. i never do. :bag i was always forced to make my bed everyday since i was really, really young and probably did it up to my college days. now, i never do it at all..i'm just too busy and plus it doesn't bother me. i never spend much time in the bedroom anyway (only time we're in there is at night). only time i woud make the bed is when we're having ppl over and they might see it.

MontrealMum
09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes, on most days. But like Ivy said, we just have a duvet so it's not much work to just draw that up and throw the throw pillows on top. I was never a bed maker as a kid either but somehow it just makes me feel a little more pulled together now.

BayGirl2
09-22-2010, 12:26 AM
We just have comforters, so a quick flip and the bed is "made".

Me too. I do it because its as easy as pulling up the comforter when I get out, and I think it makes the whole room feel more organized. When I was little we had bed spreads and then it was a big chore to make it look neat. Never again.

o_mom
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Nope - unless I have just changed the sheets or we are expecting company it pretty much stays unmade. I read a study once that showed it was better to leave it unmade - something about fewer dust mites - and used that to justify it ever since (drives my mother crazy, though).

lizzywednesday
09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
I like to make the bed, but DH gets up later than I do, so it's not often done.

I find that, if I make the bed in the morning, when he flops into it at night, I actually have blankets.

crl
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Nope - unless I have just changed the sheets or we are expecting company it pretty much stays unmade. I read a study once that showed it was better to leave it unmade - something about fewer dust mites - and used that to justify it ever since (drives my mother crazy, though).

DH read that somewhere to. I assume it must have to with moisture level or temperature. People used to "air out the bed" before making it, I wonder if that is why.

Catherine

Twoboos
09-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I voted No, but we do make the beds once every other week when the cleaners come. :)

babychi
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Me too. I do it because its as easy as pulling up the comforter when I get out, and I think it makes the whole room feel more organized. When I was little we had bed spreads and then it was a big chore to make it look neat. Never again.

:yeahthat: Somehow just pulling the comforter up makes all the difference!

dukie41181
09-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I voted "other" as I do it about 70-75% of the time! I'd aim for all the time, but some days just get away from me.

vludmilla
09-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, pretty much every day. I like how it makes the room look more put together.

Beth24
09-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm an other too. I'd like to make it every day but...

army_mom
09-22-2010, 08:10 PM
I only make the bed if you count fixing the sheets before I climb in for the night. It does make them room look so much nicer but since we are only in our room to sleep, it doesn't make the "have to do list." I used to always make my bed when I lived in a one room area like a dorm or barracks room because then it REALLY made a difference. Not so much anymore...

bigsis
09-23-2010, 01:40 AM
I never made my bed until I was over 30. Now I can't stop! I never knew how much it changed the aura of the house. I can't leave the house with the bed un-made. My kids make their beds every day too.

essnce629
09-23-2010, 02:35 AM
We just switched our bedrooms around and I've been trying to make it every day since it looks so much nicer and our new bedroom is more towards the front of the house so DS1 and DS2 go in there and sit on the bed. DBF would NEVER make the bed on his own though-- I don't think it even registers in his brain to do so!