PDA

View Full Version : ISO Cheerio bar receipes

DrSally
09-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I know this should be super easy, but I'm not a huge cook. Hit me with your best Cheerio bar receipes. I just started craving them. I like the crunch of the cheerios better than rice krispies. It seems that some people use corn syrup and some use marshmallows. My mom used to make rice krispies with peanut butter and sunflower seeds (loved them this way).

I was thinking of stirring in some sunbutter (DS will only eat soybutter on sandwiches, but I'm wondering if he will like the taste of sunbutter mixed in a dessert). Maybe either mixing in some choc chips or melting them and drizzling over the top. Does anyone add any vanilla? Anything else crunchy that I could add?

I was thinking of just using the plain o's. The flavored O's might be nice, but there's already a lot of sugar with the marshmallows, right?

mskitty
09-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I know this should be super easy, but I'm not a huge cook. Hit me with your best Cheerio bar receipes. I just started craving them. I like the crunch of the cheerios better than rice krispies. It seems that some people use corn syrup and some use marshmallows. My mom used to make rice krispies with peanut butter and sunflower seeds (loved them this way).

I was thinking of stirring in some sunbutter (DS will only eat soybutter on sandwiches, but I'm wondering if he will like the taste of sunbutter mixed in a dessert). Maybe either mixing in some choc chips or melting them and drizzling over the top. Does anyone add any vanilla? Anything else crunchy that I could add?

I was thinking of just using the plain o's. The flavored O's might be nice, but there's already a lot of sugar with the marshmallows, right?

Cereal Bars

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. dark corn syrup

Cook until just starting to bubble. Take off heat. Add:

1 c. creamy peanut butter.

Stir until completely melted in. Then stir in:

6 c. cereal (cheerios, corn flakes, etc).

Turn into a very well greased 9x13 pan. Cool and cut into squares.

mskitty