PDA

View Full Version : Can You Recommend a Baby Book?

OctoberMommy2010
09-22-2010, 08:13 AM
We are planning to meet our little one in just a couple of weeks! :yay: Right now we have a planned c/s, due to breech position.

We don't know what we're having, so I'd like the book to be as gender neutral as possible. I'd really like to have one purchased before the big day, so the hospital can put baby's footprints inside.

THANKS!

AnnieW625
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Congratulations! You are due on my dad's birthday (great day, too bad it's not a Friday the 13th this year!)

This is the book I have for my girls (I just got the new version for DD2, but have the older one for DD1). I like the retro style, plus it goes up to age 5!:
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Me-Journal-Album/dp/1599620707/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1285170470&sr=8-1

SnuggleBuggles
09-22-2010, 03:13 PM
2 thoughts...
1. I much prefered a calendar. I had a good, baby themed one with ds1 but for ds2 I just used a spare calendar I had floating around. :) Poor second born! I like the calendar b/c you can quickly jot things down, big things and small things, and transfer to a memory book later. I wrote so much in there that wasn't really included in the memory books. I liked putting silly things, happy things, worries...in there. If I had nothing to say that day I would jot down current sleep or eating schedule. That was handy info to have when ds2 was born so I could compare!!

2. Etsy has a gazillion really neat looking baby memory books! Do a search there.

Beth

marymoo86
09-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I ended up buying a nice, blank photo album and colored paper to fill it (background for pics and entries) so I could create/customize my own. I couldn't find any one book that I liked.

OctoberMommy2010
09-30-2010, 09:36 PM
I also love the idea of a calendar. I was actually gifted one at my baby shower and I thought that was a great idea. I will definitely be using that.

I ended up coming across/ordering this book:

http://www.amazon.com/My-Baby-Book-Keepsake-Journal/dp/030746542X/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285896820&sr=8-1

I love it! The prompts are kind of funny/quirky. Meeting our little one in 6 days!!

lhafer
09-30-2010, 10:05 PM
I have a calendar that I keep out and use frequently. Then I use the calendar to update the baby book. I got Carter baby books. Not sure if they have general neutral ones. I like them because they cover everything, and have lots of places for pictures.

ewpmsw
10-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Another plug for a calendar, and congrats!!!

Our hospital gave us a piece of paper with our babies' footprints both times. Maybe yours will, too? There are a gazillion wonderful books out there - I'm still trying to find just the right one for both girls (2 and brand new). Will keep watching this thread for ideas...