PDA

View Full Version : Itsy Ritsy Shopping Cart cover

Armywife1stDr2nd
09-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm thinking about getting an Itsy Ritsy shopping cart cover to replace my eddie bauer cover that I just don't like. I hate that I have to tie the sides along the back of the cover and that it doesn't cover the entire seat in the cart. I used to like the fact that it had harness but now that my little guy is almost 11 months Just a strap would work fine.

1. Is the Itsy Bitsy better to "install"....Meaning does it have elastic all around?

2. Any other suggesting on seats that are easy to put on, have a pocket, and toy loops.

Thanks!

dianna
10-01-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm thinking about getting an Itsy Ritsy shopping cart cover to replace my eddie bauer cover that I just don't like. I hate that I have to tie the sides along the back of the cover and that it doesn't cover the entire seat in the cart. I used to like the fact that it had harness but now that my little guy is almost 11 months Just a strap would work fine.

1. Is the Itsy Bitsy better to "install"....Meaning does it have elastic all around?

2. Any other suggesting on seats that are easy to put on, have a pocket, and toy loops.

Thanks!

I have an Itzy Ritzy and I love it. Easy to install, elastic all the way around. We've used it in regular carts, the huge carts at Costco and in restaurant high chairs.

lhafer
10-01-2010, 03:05 AM
I looked into those when shopping for a cart cover, but didn't want to pay the money. Also looked at Balboa cart covers, but felt like they would be a little too small after reading some of the reviews.

Had a floppy seat with my first daughter, but thought it was a little bulky. But after looking around, I bought another floppy seat for my baby. They make different styles now - fold n carry, EZ carry bag, messenger bag, etc.

http://www.floppyseat.com/

I got the purple grape one. It can be folding into itself and has handles, so I just throw it into my car after I fold it up and it doesn't take up a lot of room. It has tons of loops for attaching toys. It has a small pocket on the inside (when child is sitting in the cart) which is perfect for bottles, sippies, snack cups, etc. And I find it covers the carts I deal with very well. I am not sure it would 100% cover a Costco cart, but I think you would be hard pressed to find a cover that is that large and still managable for all other carts! It also does very well in restaurant highchairs.

Here's a picture of mine. The "band" that is going around the front of the cover are all loops. I have some links in a couple of them. And if you look under Phineas the doll's right hand (left side of the picture) - that is the inner pocket that is great for bottles, sippies, etc.

Armywife1stDr2nd
10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the responses and suggestions!

The floppy looks so comfy! The price is about the same as an Itzy Ritzy so they are kind of even right now in my thinking. I really like the Itzy Ritzy prints so I am still leaning in that direction...

Do the Itzy Ritzy covers fold into themselves?

lhafer
10-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Not sure if the Itsy Ritsy ones fold into themselves or not. But at BRU, you can usually get 20% off, and the floppy seats go for ~$40, so I found them considerably less expensive than the Itsy ones.

ETA: The Itsy site says there is a reuasable carry case included. Which to mean sounds like it's a separate thing (something else I would just have to keep track of).