PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom Playroom Ideas Needed

Philoscript
09-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping someone could help me. I have an almost 18 month old daughter who currently sleeps/plays primarily in her bedroom. The bedroom is large, but oddly shaped and I'm having an issue with the current play area. It is a bookshelf we had with three buckets of toys, her books and puzzles on the shelves. She's collecting more toys as she gets older.

The current set up of our room is that my daughter's crib is against the left wall from the door (which is the longest at 135") in the center and her dresser(which is about 52 (l) x 18" (d)) is against the left wall perpendicular to our door and adjacent to our living room (the wall is 95" and the door opens inward on this wall). On the right of the door entrance is a small closet and further down that wall is a cubby type space about 67" in length before it hits the exposed pipe that heats our house and 30" in depth. The bookcase with the toys is currently in the cubby area.

I'm debating setting up the crib on the wall adjacent to the living room where the door opens inward toward the furthest corner with a small bookshelf behind the door, her dresser in the cubby area and a toy unit (possibly expedit or trofast) on the left wall perpendicular to her crib with some space so she can crawl into it when the time comes to convert to a toddler bed.

My concern comes from the fact any unit I purchase must be able to configure around her bed and possibly a future crib and another dresser.

I'm just having trouble with a configuration, because I truly have no idea what types of toys she will have in the future. We currently have a ton of stuffed animals, dolls, doll clothing, rattles (for music) and musical instruments, toy blocks and shape sorters, stacking cups, etc.) She currently plays with all of it. We also bought her a kitchen for Christmas and play food. I'm sure she's going to get more dolly stuff and possibly blocks. Also, we a lot of books for her. We're talking at least 50-100 books currently.

Any help anyone could provide is greatly appreciated. Any pictures of inspiration of set-ups is also greatly appreciated.
Michelle