PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? Buy a discontinued Rounabout now (or soon) or just wait.....

AnnieW625
09-23-2010, 01:01 PM
I am sad Britax discontinued the regular Roundabout, which I was thinking of buying for DD2 to use in our 01 Corolla, which would take her until she is 2/1/2 or 3 and about 30 to 35lbs, and she could most likely rear face for most of that time. We use the Corolla, and the Pilot pretty equally so I really have no issue spending the same amount of money on each seat for each car.

We currently have the Evenflo Triumph 5 which will expire in Sept., 2012, and I believe it has a 30lb rear facing limit, so that might get to right around 2 yrs (based on the size of DD1). The fabric on the T-5 hasn't held up as well (the only thing we really don't think we like about the seat) and with DD2's reflux I don't know how many more washes it will be able to take. DD2 is still happy in the Safe Seat so we are really in no hurry, but I'd just like some opinions.

So here are my options:
#1 repair fabric (see stock photo attached; the padding is pooking out of the top cover), use the seat until the seat expires, and replace with a Cosco Scenera or similar (use for ERF until DD2 is big enough for the Britax Frontier).

#2 just buy a Britax Roundabout 40.

jjordan
09-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Have you tried one of the new Britax convertibles in your corolla? In my car, they take up about 4" less front-back space than the original (big) britax convertibles. If they work for your car, then you can probably get a roundabout 55 for about $150-ish and it will last longer than a roundabout 40.

Joolsplus2
09-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Yeah that, the new Britax Roundabout 55 is pretty amazing, definitely worth a look.

AnnieW625
09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks. We will definitely be looking at the new Britax seats when the time comes. The new Evenflo Triumph 65 also looks really nice, but I swear that seat just keeps getting wider and wider :(. I almost picked up one of the Roundabout Classic's yesterday at Target when the SA rang it up at $59, but since it was missing a box I asked someone else if it would be hard to return it without the box and then they rescanned and it said it was $159 so apparently the first person couldn't read the scanner that it was $159, and not $59. It had an Aug., 2010 manufacture date too. That would've been a steal!