PDA

View Full Version : Convertible in a Mazda 3

katbriil
09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
My chunky monkey (5 months) is about to weight-out of his Snugride, and we need a convertible ASAP. I'd love to drop the bucks on a Britax, but I'm not sure we can swing it financially unless I find an awesome deal, pronto. I would like to get him the MyRide 65, but I'm thinking it's too big for our car. Anyone have experience having a MyRide RF in a Mazda 3?

Also, if not, what would you suggest for a Mazda 3? We want to RF as long as possible.

Joolsplus2
09-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Did you also post this at car-seat.org? If it's you, come on down to BRU and we can try the My Ride (I work there, lol). I'm pretty sure it *should* work, at any rate, and I think you can find it cheaper at other places, though if you like the covers at BRU, coupons make it a comparable price :)

christiedavid3
09-23-2010, 04:13 PM
I think I responded on your car-seat.org post! :ROTFLMAO: Anyways, just in case it wasn't you...I've been able to successfully install a Boulevard, True Fit, and Uptown all rear-facing in my Mazda 3. They all take up less room RFing than our SafeSeat did. I don't think you'll have much problem finding something you like for your DS in that car.

katbriil
09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I did! :ROTFLMAO: I figured the more places I post it, the more likely I'll get a bunch of workable answers.

I have found the MyRide for $130 on Amazon with free shipping (I'm a Prime member), and it's a pattern we really like, and it sells at Target too (same price, I think). The only patterns I saw at BRU.com we didn't like, or I'd go there with a coupon. Anyway, It's just such a BIG seat, I'm nervous that it won't fit comfortably RFing for whoever is in the passenger seat.

I guess a trip to BRU is in my future this weekend!

christiedavid3
09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I bet you'll be surprised how well it fits!

Joolsplus2
09-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Yup, it's bulky, but not super-long, front-to-back. Should work at least as well as an infant seat.