PDA

View Full Version : Earthlust stainless steel bottle review

crl
09-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I wanted a stainless steel bottle for dd. I am trying to minimize plastics, even BPA free plastics because I worry about leaching. We had been using glass bottles, but dd is increasingly trying to hold her own bottle, plus we take them places like the pool where a broken glass bottle would be a disaster.

I found Earthlust stainless steel bottles. Here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Birds-Bees-Stainless-Steel-Bottles/dp/B003LTZXH2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1285283126&sr=1-1

I really like these. They are a very nice size and shape, fitting easily in my stroller bottle holder and my diaper bag bottle spot. They are both bottles and sippies. They have a ring which can be either flat to the bottle or switched out to handles and the nipple and sippy spout are also interchangeable.

They are supposed to be hand washed to preserve the design on the outside of the bottle, which is a definite downside. Due to the expense ($24!), I decided to get only 5 and hand wash them.

DD had no trouble switching to these from her old bottles.

I hope they will last us through the rest of the bottle and all of the sippy cup phase, which will help justify the cost. Note that the Earthlust sports top does not fit on these.

I will try to answer questions if anyone has any.

Catherine

sunnyside
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm wondering if you still like this bottle or if anyone else has a suggestion?

Thanks!

crl
04-12-2011, 06:34 PM
We are still using them. I do still like them fairly well. The design on the outside is fading despite hand washing. But they have survived being flung onto concrete numerous times. Dd THROWS her bottle down when she is done with it. The plastic parts are a bit scraped up, but no dents in the metal, which is impressive.

DD doesn't seem to like the sippy spout all that much. I'm trying to figure out whether it is really the sippy spout or maybe the contents (water intend of formula) or just coincidence. . . .

I had one that leaked--the rings never fit properly on the bottle--and Earthlust offered to replace it, but I never got around to mailing it to them.

If you have any particular questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Catherine

sunnyside
04-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Thank you!

We are just looking for stainless cups or sippys and aren't sure what to get. She drinks out of a little glass here, but starts going to day care a few mornings a week and I thought I'd try to find her a stainless one.. really hard to find! Thanks :)

crl
04-13-2011, 05:19 PM
If you just need sippies and not bottles, I think there are cheaper options that are just as good. Kleen kanteens are pretty widely available and you can get them with an avent sippy top. My KKs never leaked in sippy mode, though the sports top definitely have.

Catherine

sunnyside
04-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Thank you! We don't really need bottles. Just sippy cups. I am going to look at the Klean Kanteen option. Thanks again!

Melaine
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
We love the KKs for sippys. My girls still use them every night for bedtime, although we have mostly gone to funtainers for taking out of the house.