PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Deal on Moon Sand/Dough

alien_host
09-24-2010, 08:08 AM
DD's teachers would like Moon Sand or Moon Dough for the classroom. I'm happy to buy some but I'm wondering where I can get the best deal (of course!).

I see that TRU has buy 2 get 3rd free. I'm wondering if people have seen better deals. I think they just want the actual sand...perhaps they sell bigger containers? Not all the fancy tools.

Anyway we haven't used this at home so I don't know much about it so TIA!

peanut520
09-24-2010, 09:36 AM
i saw that they hand moon sand at micheal's and you's be able to use the 40% off coupon from their mailer or i think you can get one online also.

alien_host
09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
i saw that they hand moon sand at micheal's and you's be able to use the 40% off coupon from their mailer or i think you can get one online also.

Thanks, I'll check AC Moore as well!

lil_acorn
09-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Be careful with that stuff..if you google it, you'll see lot sof complains about chemical burns. I bought a set for a friend as a bday gift and her daughter was in pain afterwards saying her skin burned.

alien_host
09-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Be careful with that stuff..if you google it, you'll see lot sof complains about chemical burns. I bought a set for a friend as a bday gift and her daughter was in pain afterwards saying her skin burned.

This is good to know, thanks for mentioning it. I did a search...most of the hits were older. Did you give it recently? I'm just wondering if they may have changed the formula. I'm going to research some more and possibly alert the teacher.

DD does have food allergies and sensitive skin. I think she used it once at SIL's, but I can't recall for sure if she ended up touching it.

jd11365
09-24-2010, 02:16 PM
They do NOT want Moon Sand in their classroom. It's a complete mess and very difficult to vacuum and clean up. It looks cool, but it's a total PITA.

bubbaray
09-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Moon Sand is the work of the devil....

Seriously, that stuff is evil. It is an OUTSIDE ONLY toy, at best. Any Moon Sands gifts are thrown out asap in our house. After my former cleaning lady gave us that gift. As omom said at the time, "job security", LOL.

I would have a serious discussion with the teacher and tell them that they really do not want this crap in the classroom. If they are going to use it outside only, then maybe, though the issue of burns would scare me (hadn't heard that, though it d/n surprise me).

alien_host
09-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I knew there was a reason I never used this at MY home. But I figure if they want to tackle it....

I will mention the chemical burns thing to the teacher as an FYI though (will pass on a link) and I'll hold off on providing it. Thanks for the info.

After my former cleaning lady gave us that gift. As omom said at the time, "job security", LOL.

LOL!