PDA

View Full Version : LL Bean wool trench?

chiisai
09-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Anyone bought one from them before?

I have fallen in love with this one:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/66130?page=harvest-wool-trench&parentCategory=504734&cat4=504728&shop_method=pp&feat=504728-sub2&np=Y

In the purple. There are no reviews yet, and I've never bought anything from them before at all. I can't tell from the description if this could keep me warm in like 30 - 50 degree weather, either. Maybe not.

It's so expensive. Does LL Bean ever have sales or coupon codes? My current wool coat is over the hill, 7 years old and I think down for the count.

I know I could find something less expensive, but this is so pretty. I hardly buy anything for myself.

I will talk myself into it if anyone has anything good to say about their wool coats in general, and even more so with their petite cuts. :love-retry:

TIA!

crl
09-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Oh, that is pretty. I've never had an LLBean wool coat, but have had lots of their other products. They have really good quality IMO. And an unconditional guarantee, which is hard to beat!

You can get free shipping pretty often, but I have not noticed many other codes. And i don't remember great sales or anything. I have caught after Christmas sales in a bricks and mortar store, but not much else. Their sales page for kids usually has almost nothing on it, for example.

Catherine

chiisai
09-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Catherine. Appreciate the information. Still pondering, lol. I really like it. Probably I will get it.

caleymama
09-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I have an LL Bean wool blend peacoat that's a few years old now and I love it. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. I have been wearing an LL Bean fleece jacket for probably 6 or 7 years now and just finally replaced it this year and only because I was ready for a different look, not because it wore out!

LL Bean stuff in general is fantastic. I still wear a down vest that was my Dad's that I'll bet is at least 20 years old and my parents have a lot of outwear and regular clothes from there that have worn like iron over the years.

HTH

DrSally
09-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Very pretty! I'm sure the quality is great.

sailor
10-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I also have an LL Bean wool pea coat that I bought a few years ago. I live in LA so it doesn't get a ton of wear, but it is very warm, thick, and well-made. I have had very good experience with LL Bean coats and bags. In general, it seems like their more expensive products are better made, but I have found in the last few years that their cheaper clothes are in fact cheaply made.

They do have sales toward the end of the season but the popular sizes and colors have usually sold out by then. So if you have your heart set on something, it is safest to buy it now.

chiisai
10-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Thank you for everyone's feedback! I think I'm going to get it. :)

LadyPeter
10-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I hope you do! A good coat is worth the money...you wear it almost every day in the winter for several years, and it's the one part of your outfit that shows when you're outside.

My hubby bought me a beautiful wool coat with Thinsulate from J Crew last year, and it brings me so much joy. It's flattering and warm, and I know I'll be wearing it for a looooong time.