PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Studio in Pewter Dot

arivecchi
09-25-2010, 10:48 PM
OMG. LOVE this bag. So chic. So roomy. Will post pics tomorrow if I can. Wish the handles were nicer but for the price I paid, I cannot complain. While I love the Dash and it is an awesome diaper bag and I will continue to use that one with my strollers, this one does not look like a diaper bag at all! Took it on a a couple of errands with the boys today. Fab!

liamsmom
09-26-2010, 01:31 AM
:bighand: I love swanky diaper bags!

joules
09-26-2010, 01:36 AM
i loooooooooove mine too!!!

I'm so not an organized person but this bag makes it so effortless.

Did you get it from the fairly recently posted deal from amazon? The one that was from Target and like some ridiculous % off? Like 60% or something? I totally missed that post and am so sad. Even tho I already have one, I want another one just in case. In case of what? I don't know. hahaha

lhafer
09-26-2010, 08:24 AM
i loooooooooove mine too!!!

I'm so not an organized person but this bag makes it so effortless.

Did you get it from the fairly recently posted deal from amazon? The one that was from Target and like some ridiculous % off? Like 60% or something? I totally missed that post and am so sad. Even tho I already have one, I want another one just in case. In case of what? I don't know. hahaha

WHA WHA WHAT??? I missed a blowout on this bag?? :angry-smiley-005::banghead::crying:

Wait...I don't even want to know! I have been wanting a Studio Tote from day one. I just couldn't bring myself to buy one, and they were never marked down.

lhafer
09-26-2010, 08:33 AM
I just went to order one (backordered from Target, but it said to order, and they would ship it when it was in stock), but the shipping/handling is 3x what it stated on the main page. On the main page it said S/H was $6.28, but when I went to check out, the S/H fee was $18.63? That puts my order at over $50! What gives?

arivecchi
09-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I ordered mine from Amazon for $48. The Target deal on Amazon does not work. They do not have the bag in stock.

I agree that this bag makes me feel so organized too! All of the inside and outside pockets are amazing and even when full the bag felt light.

joules
09-26-2010, 01:55 PM
WHA WHA WHAT??? I missed a blowout on this bag?? :angry-smiley-005::banghead::crying:

Wait...I don't even want to know! I have been wanting a Studio Tote from day one. I just couldn't bring myself to buy one, and they were never marked down.

I didn't get as good a deal as arivecchi, but I got mine on Amazon for 28% off. Comes out to $64.xx.

I see it now on there for the same price: http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Studio-Diaper-Pewter/dp/B002UXR530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1285523707&sr=1-1

lhafer
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I didn't get as good a deal as arivecchi, but I got mine on Amazon for 28% off. Comes out to $64.xx.

I see it now on there for the same price: http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Studio-Diaper-Pewter/dp/B002UXR530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1285523707&sr=1-1

yeah, I ordered it at that price earlier today! Thanks!! Can't wait! I've wanted this diaper bag since day one, but didn't want to spend $90 for it. And since I was able to get a Dash Deluxe in the color I wanted for $35 on Amazon, I went with that one. So now I will have to decide if I like the tote better...may end up selling the Dash if I do. I also have a skip hop backpack!!

arivecchi
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Bump for pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/SkipHopStudio?authkey=Gv1sRgCJrE8_aLx-G8tgE#

Pear
09-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I love mine. Several people have asked why I decided to carry a purse instead of a diaper bag. It's also really easy to keep organized and works well with cloth diapers.

lhafer
09-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Bump for pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/SkipHopStudio?authkey=Gv1sRgCJrE8_aLx-G8tgE#

Thanks for those!! I have wanted this bag forever, and dreaded spending the money. I have never been able to see it in person, so never really knew how big it was. I plan on selling a few things in order to pay for it! :D I don't have the heart to tell DH about it just yet. He saw the Amazon confirmation email on my phone and asked me what I ordered. I told him that I had ordered a Disney autograph book for our trip in a couple of months - which IS true, just that order was a couple of orders ago!! ;)

TwoBees
09-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I have this one in champagne dot. Love it! Fits everything I need and not too heavy.

lhafer
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Is it a sign??? I was in a store today, and the elastic lining of the inside of my Skip Hop Dash ripped!!! I was NOT a happy camper. No reason to tear - just pulled apart. The seam was still intact, it just pulled up from the fabric. Will have to post a pic later. Can't WAIT for my tote to come in!!

babychi
09-27-2010, 05:34 PM
I love my Skip Hop Studio! :heartbeat: I have it in black, but I love the pewter dot as well. It is so functional and that was a great price.

hellokitty
09-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I've been hoping to see this for a good deal. The pewter dot is the one I want to get my sil as a baby gift. I would love it too, but we're almost out of the diaper bag phase.

mom2224
09-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I just went to order one (backordered from Target, but it said to order, and they would ship it when it was in stock), but the shipping/handling is 3x what it stated on the main page. On the main page it said S/H was $6.28, but when I went to check out, the S/H fee was $18.63? That puts my order at over $50! What gives?

Change the Shipping Speed from Two-day ($18.63) to Standard ($6.28).

lhafer
09-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Change the Shipping Speed from Two-day ($18.63) to Standard ($6.28).

Yeah, I think that's what I did wrong. Anyway, I ended up ordering for another place with free shipping. Got it for $64.xx no shipping, no tax. I'll take it!! I think it was Chit Chat Baby or something. I figured I would just go ahead and go with a store that had it in stock, vs waiting for the Target one to ship, because my luck it would NEVER be back in stock!! :rotflmao:

I went to a boutique today looking at the tote (which is where I was when my Dash decided to rip - think it was jealous?! ;)). Their price was $93!!! I can't stomach paying that for a diaper bag. But I LOVE that bag, and so glad I got it for $60, even if it doesn't seem like that much less $$. I can sell some things and make even on it!!

arivecchi
09-27-2010, 08:40 PM
There was a thread about people who ordered the Target one and got some other bag.

blondflava
09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
It's so cute! saw it at the store the other day. Am I even normal, I hate diaper bags, I don't even use one! I have the fleurville escape pod, and I just make sure I have a couple diapers and wipes in it and am ready to go.. I do carry a lunchbox with me and a wristlet as well....

todzwife
09-28-2010, 02:29 PM
soooo bummed I missed the sale. Boo.

lhafer
09-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Great day!!

I just got my Skip Hop Studio Tote AND my Saddle bag packages....they were waiting for me on the front porch when I got home from errand running!! Woo-hoo! :yay:

lhafer
09-29-2010, 09:07 PM
I haven't call them yet, but plan on doing it tomorrow. The rim on one of the inner linings of my Dash Deluxe has come apart. It's not ripped, literally the lining just came off - the stitches are still intact. I wasn't pulling hard, nor was the bag overloaded. I thought I was pulling out a burp cloth (wasn't looking - reached in) because that's where I keep them. But something didn't feel right, so when I looked I saw what happened, and my heart sank!!

Do you think Skip Hop CS will do anything about this? I bought this bag about 5 months ago or so on Amazon. It gets daily use, but nothing else on the bag shows any wear n tear at all.

Do you think they would go easier on me if they know that I also have a Skip Hop backpack, and just purchased a Studio Tote in Pewter Dot (that came TODAY!!)??

What would you do? Here's what the tear looks like:

lovebargains
10-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I ordered it on amazon through the target link, came out to $38and change w/ shipping, & it was unavailable, but I just got an email saying it is now available and will be shipped OCT 4!!!! So excited!!! I hope it's not too good to be true

arivecchi
10-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I ordered it on amazon through the target link, came out to $38and change w/ shipping, & it was unavailable, but I just got an email saying it is now available and will be shipped OCT 4!!!! So excited!!! I hope it's not too good to be true I hope you get the right one. Posters here have ordered it from Target through Amazon and have received a different bag.

todzwife
10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Mine was scheduled to ship yesterday as well, but it's still on backorder... I'm going to keep it in there because I want it for that price, but boo on it taking long.

arivecchi
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I gotta think that Target price is an error since they were sending the wrong bag out before and that price is so below what other sites have it for.

Still, get this bag peeps! It is so awesome! The more I use it the more I love it!

It is going to DC with me in a couple of weeks instead of my spendy purses. :ROTFLMAO:

brgnmom
10-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I gotta think that Target price is an error since they were sending the wrong bag out before and that price is so below what other sites have it for.

Still, get this bag peeps! It is so awesome! The more I use it the more I love it!

It is going to DC with me in a couple of weeks instead of my spendy purses. :ROTFLMAO:

I'm so tempted to buy this diaper bag.... :p The only obstacle is my DH who would probably freak out with yet another addition to my purse collection. I have a Skip hop bag (messenger style) that I used with my DS, and it's still in great condition... and I have a handful of other diaper bags (Coach, VB, etc) and purses.

The pewter dot print is really chic & irresistible though!

lhafer
10-05-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm so tempted to buy this diaper bag.... :p The only obstacle is my DH who would probably freak out with yet another addition to my purse collection. I have a Skip hop bag (messenger style) that I used with my DS, and it's still in great condition... and I have a handful of other diaper bags (Coach, VB, etc) and purses.

The pewter dot print is really chic & irresistible though!

I just finally broke down and bought this back about a week and half ago. Was able to get it on sale for about $55 or so. I have a Skip Hop Dash Deluxe I was using before and really liked. But I have ALWAYS wanted this tote. I just didn't want to spend the $90 for it. I also have a Skip Hop backpack diaper bag that I use a lot for longer outings (with my 4 year old in tow). I got the backpack because the Dash wasn't quite large enough for everything I carry when I have both kids. But the Tote isn't an issue in that department. Big enough. But not too big for just when me and the babe are out and about. LOVE this bag. Goes with everything. Stylish. Has the stroller clips that I use every single day.

My only suggestion would be to make the handles a TAD longer, or to make one adjustable strap instead of 2 straps. Other than that - perfect bag, and I have zero buyer's remorse!!

arivecchi
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I love this bag so much I would love it in champagne too!

brgnmom
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
if amazon reduces the price on this bag again, I will probably make the purchase. :D hopefully, getting ready for giving birth to a full-term baby2 in the next few weeks or so will be a good enough excuse/reason for me to splurge a little.

strollerqueen
10-05-2010, 11:43 PM
OMG. LOVE this bag. So chic. So roomy. Will post pics tomorrow if I can. Wish the handles were nicer but for the price I paid, I cannot complain. While I love the Dash and it is an awesome diaper bag and I will continue to use that one with my strollers, this one does not look like a diaper bag at all! Took it on a a couple of errands with the boys today. Fab!

Haha, that is exactly the one I got after I cancelled my Totsy order (and got a couple of Petunia Pickle bottoms, too!) Now to decide which to keep. I have had sooo many Skip Hops. Just got a denim one, too. Love them all! :thumbsup:

todzwife
10-15-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm starting to doubt that this will ever be back "in stock" :(

lovebargains
10-21-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Studio-Diaper-Pewter/dp/B002UXR530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1287695988&sr=8-1