PDA

View Full Version : Travel wipe carrier

crl
09-26-2010, 10:07 AM
I've been using a ziplock bag. But there's got to be something better. How do you carry wipes with you?

Thanks!
Catherine

jerigirl
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I use Huggies wipes so I buy the travel pouch for about $2 and once I use it up, I just refill it with a stack of wipes from my refill pack. I will replace the travel pouch periodically when it gets too tattered looking. I don't like the hard plastic travel holders because I feel they don't hold enough and the wipes tend to dry out.

ETA: I buy the soft sided travel pouch with the flip top lid.

SnuggleBuggles
09-26-2010, 08:40 PM
I much prefer a ziploc bag over a hard sided case or a bulky travel pack. I keep a bigger pack of wipes in the car but in my bag I have 2 diapers, a disposable changing pad (though a swatch of baby flannel would be great and I just learned that!) and 6 wipes in a ziploc. All are together in a diaper pouch thing. I like the ziplock because I can squish it into my bag better. :)
eta- I had the same drying out problem with hard cases as pp.
Beth

LMPC
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I agree with the ziploc bag. I used to get so annoyed at having to refill the little box all the time!

gobadgers
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I use the Huggie's hard-sided one, and haven't had trouble with drying out yet. But I go through them - I fill it up a couple times a week.

When I'm using Costco wipes, I save the soft packs when there are about 10-20 wipes left, and use those for travel.

It never occured to me to use a ziploc! It seems a little more awkward to get them out, but I can see it working.

eno0609
09-26-2010, 09:54 PM
I use this Skip Hop one http://www.skiphop.com/product/234001.html

It's nice because it can hang from the stroller for easy access if we're eating and the wipes can be pulled through the hole quickly. If I haven't used them for a while and they sometimes dry out (only happens when there are a couple left- I just wet them with water and re-fill).

The only thing that I don't like about it is that if it happens to fall and hit the ground at the wrong angle the entire thing pops open and the wipes have fallen out- kind of annoying.

lhafer
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
I use the hard sided huggies (small) one in my diaper bag because there's a perfect place for it (the right pocket in the back of the diaper bag - the pocket on the left always has 3-4 diapers in it). And I can slide it in and out of it's little pocket with great ease. If it were soft sided, I would have a much harder time. If the last few get too dried out, add a little water to them and you are good to go. I tend to have a larger huggies soft sided one stashed in the car.

DebbieJ
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I use a Ziploc bag.

MrsMcGwire
09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
We buy the Huggies wipes from Costco so they come with the plastic bin and a travel hard side case. Have two under 3, I have a lot of bins and travel cases, hehe. I carry two of the travel cases and they hold a lot of wipes. I only have to replace the empty case with a full one about once a month or so.

crl
09-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I tried a hard sided one and had the drying out problem. Of course, I would discover the wipes were dried out when I needed to change a poopy diaper someplace without water to wet them down. I wondered about the skip hop one, glad to see someone likes it. Interesting that others are using a ziplock too. It is what I used for older ds. Maybe I just need to get a quart size one so it doesn't take up quite so much space?

Hmmm, thank you!

Catherine

DebbieJ
09-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks for all the ideas. I tried a hard sided one and had the drying out problem. Of course, I would discover the wipes were dried out when I needed to change a poopy diaper someplace without water to wet them down. I wondered about the skip hop one, glad to see someone likes it. Interesting that others are using a ziplock too. It is what I used for older ds. Maybe I just need to get a quart size one so it doesn't take up quite so much space?

Hmmm, thank you!

Catherine

yes, I use a quart size Ziploc bag. Fits in my SH Dash just fine.

swissair81
09-27-2010, 03:14 AM
I have several Pampers hard cases & a Skip Hop one. I don't have dry wipe issues, but if I did, I would just take a whole wipes refill- there is a sticky tab on the top to make it recloseable.

ang79
09-30-2010, 09:14 AM
I've been through several wipes cases and here is what I've liked:

Chic Tots soft wipes holder - it kept the wipes moist for a long time and I like how it had the hold in the middle of the holder so that the wipes dispensed easier than a zip lock bag.
http://www.chictots.com/chiccarry-wipes-holders-c-9.html

Mamas Milk Swipes case - a but smaller than the Chic Tots. Works great if you don't leave the wipes in there too long (like a few weeks). If I overstuff it mine has a tendency to make the cloth outside of the holder damp. I like that its so slim though. They sometimes have some colors on clearance at attatchedtobaby.com and there is a seller on Ebay.
http://www.mammasmilk.com/?cat=250

My Royal Heinie diaper wallet - holds a slim change pad and several dipes and the wipes are in a seperate section. Keeps the wipes moist unless you leave them in there for several weeks. This style doesn't have a strap but there is a plastic D-ring so you could use a caribineer clip to hook it to something else. My youngest is almost 2 so I don't pack a ton for her, so this is nice to just throw in my purse or to switch from bag to bag since it has all the diaper stuff together.
http://myroyalheinie.com/shop/the-wallet.html

I do use a ziplock bag to keep spare wipes in my car. It does the job, but definately not as easy to get the wipes out as a regular wipes holder.