PDA

View Full Version : FLYLady Super Fling Boogie, Week 2: Living Room

MoJo
09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
FLYLady is taking 5 weeks to get the house cleaned up for the holidays. For the first four days this week, we're working on the living room. Today's mission is to spend 15 minutes putting away things that don't belong: http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan_Missions.asp

DH was excited about putting a couple of pumpkin lights in our front window this past weekend, and he pulled out more stuff than usual to get to the outlets behind the furniture. So I know exactly where I'm going to spend my 15 minutes!

KrisM
09-27-2010, 07:59 AM
This is a hard one! We don't leave lots of extras in the room, but it's where the kids play, so it's a mess during the day. I am trying to purge through toys, so maybe I'll spend time going through the toys to gather ones not played with.

MoJo
09-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Today's mission is to gather any trash in the living room, including under the cushions. (The link in post #1 shows both missions so far for the week)

Does dog fur count? It seems to magically collect under the furniture since we have hardwood floors. I don't think I have much else. If I have the energy, I'm going to keep working in the area I started yesterday.

MoJo
09-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Wednesday's mission is decluttering things that belong in the living room, but you no longer love: books, magazines, DVDs etc. The link in post #1 takes you to all missions for this week.

I've been slowly working on this, giving books to the Family & Friends sale at the library, but it's a big area I need to work on. We've been re-arranging the house, and I gave up "my" area for the kids. . . and haven't really figured out where "my" stuff fits in the house since.

I didn't do anything yesterday because I had a pretty bad migraine. And I didn't do much over the weekend because of a gall bladder attack. So, realistically, today needs to be a "catch up" day for dishes and laundry and eBay shipping. But I'm still happy with the progress I've made, and happy to say I can still see it! And if I'm looking at surgery followed by weeks of limited lifting, I'm going to be extra glad I did this.

MoJo
09-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Thursday's mission is dusting.

As you know by now, the link is in post #1. And as you may have figured out, the link will still work next week for next week's missions.

I'm going to keep doing the missions, but will probably stop posting about it here since this thread is all me!

KrisM
09-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Don't stop posting next week! My family room didn't need much work, although I will do dusting, as I never like to do it, so any motivation is good!

Twoboos
09-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Although I haven't officially been doing the challenges, I went through the pile of mags yesterday and dumped half of them! All because of this post. :)

WolfpackMom
09-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Im failing miserabley this week, but in my defense its the busiest time of the month at work for me, so I am linked by a ball chain to my computer for 14hrs a day...

MoJo
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I'll keep posting these then:)

Good job, TwoBoos! And WolfpackMom, part of the reason I've left a description for each day is for those who want to go back and do this at some other time. Hope your 14 hour days end soon!

I just realized today is the last day in the living room. Tomorrow is for the front porch, entrance & dining room.

nellonello
09-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes, please keep posting. My living room isn't my problem area so I haven't had too much to do here.

KrisM
10-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I always need the reminder to sweep the porch. Done!

This was an awful week here. I hope to get to more of next week's Fly Lady's stuff!

Twoboos
10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Did the front hallway/rug and the kitchen. Totally inspired by the words "gritty floors." No more gritty kitchen floor for us (for the moment!).