PDA

View Full Version : What is your experience with totsy.com?

mazmaman
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
I ordered DD's Halloween costume a good 3 weeks ago from them and still haven't received it. I keep checking my account and it says that my order is still 'pending'. We'll be out of town during pretty much the whole month of October so I was hoping we'd get the costume beforehand so we could make adjustments in case it doesn't fit.
This was my first time ordering from Totsy, because I always found that their shipping was pretty steep, and I only did it because DD really wanted to be a cat for Halloween.
Has anyone else experienced this long of a wait?

lmwbasye
09-27-2010, 01:28 PM
I've only heard bad things about this site including some people saying they never received items ever. In fact, babycheapskate.com went so far as to take them off their recommended sites list since it's so bad. I would definitely call them and seriously bug them about it if you can.

Sorry I don't have a better report. I hope it works out for you.

lil_acorn
09-27-2010, 01:30 PM
yes - bad...check out this discussion on them previously:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=360354

iaam
09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Bad based on one experience. Took forever to ship/receive items. Also realized later that their 'list' price was jacked up way high (was in a hurry so broke my own shopping rule of always checking prices at other retailers before buying).

shopaholic
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I ordered a swimsuit for DD in early May and it took two and a half months to arrive. I tried contacting them by phone and email to follow up with no luck at all. Finally I went to their facebook page and found an email address for an actual person (Jennifer?). I contacted her and then the issue seemed to be resolved pretty quickly.

Their customer service is appalling and they don't warn customers that there will be a long delay in getting their merchandise. I wouldn't order from them again EVER.

peanut520
09-27-2010, 02:59 PM
HORRIBLE!!! ordered a hop skip pronto changer ... 1 month later without any responses phone or email i filed a dispute with my cc and got a refund then they issues a refund per the manufacture shorted them the items. stupid me thought it was a one time issue placed an other order becasue the prices were so good, and i'm still waiting for half my order and i ordered 8/11. it is about time to file another dispute.

mazmaman
09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
OMG I wish I'd asked prior to placing my order. Their prices aren't that good and are usually off set by the shipping charge, but the costume was a decent deal so I went for it. Never again :-)
Thanks everyone!

peanut520
09-27-2010, 10:17 PM
update on my order: surprise they didnt get enough sigg bottles so they will be refunding my purchase price. they said that last time and i never got the refund until i disputed. i emailed and requested my shipping to be refunded and probably never get either refund and have to dispute.

FieryOne1231
09-28-2010, 12:36 AM
I've ordered from them once, and it took over a month for me to get my order. Right when I was about to call and see if I could cancel since it took longer than what they said on their site, the cust. service rep said they just shipped it. Lucky for them, I got it right before we left on our trip (ordered a pair of swim trunks for DS for the trip). So yeah, don't count on getting it before 4 weeks like they say...more like 5 or 6 weeks! :thumbsdown:

Kitten007
09-28-2010, 03:25 AM
I ordered some Trumpette socks from them once and will never order a thing from them again. I e-mailed 4 times, called once, and told them I wanted my stuff ASAP and they better overnight it since it was a month over promised date of delivery. 2 months later I finally got my socks, but I was stupid and learned my lesson.