PDA

View Full Version : REALLY!?! (a nod to Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers)

LarsMal
09-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Delete Delete

bubbaray
09-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Julie, are we in a polygamous marriage and don't know it?? Seriously, your DH sounds EXACTLY like mine. He does that sort of thing (the car thing and the house thing) all.the.time.

LBW
09-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I must be the third wife in this marriage. My H is the exactly the same. I'll share two more of his moments of brilliance:

1. I was taking a class in NYC and he was supposed to pick me up outside school. There was no parking nearby, so I told him I would wait on the curb. It was a quiet Sunday morning, with very little traffic. He circled the block at least ten times while I stood there waving my arms like an idiot. Do you think he even glanced at the sidewalk where I was supposed to be waiting? NO. Really H?? Was I supposed to leap out in front of the car?

2. I traveled to Ireland this summer to visit my parents. As some of you might remember that trip ended badly. After a long, horrible flight home, I wandered the airport for almost an hour with three kids and all of our luggage in tow. Was H anywhere to be found? NO. I took a cab home. A couple of hours later he called my cell and asked why I wasn't at the airport. Apparently he as there the entire time - probably sitting in a corner staring out the window and napping. Really H?? Is it that hard to spot a woman, three kids, and a load of luggage coming out the int'l arrivals gate??

Sigh.

LadyPeter
09-28-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm about to go accuse my husband of being a closet polygamist. He does ALL THESE THINGS. The parking, the house thing, the airport thing....What's the deal?!?!?!?!?!

FTMLuc
09-28-2010, 11:36 AM
oh the parking and the big houses, the men are all the same.

Here is one more:
In the kitchen cabinet full of variable sized pots, he manages to dig out from the back of the cabined the smallest pot imaginable (1 cup sized) designed to melt butter on the stove, and try to heat 2 cups worth of clam chowder in it. Guess what my hands were itching to do with that pot and his head :6: when I walked in and saw the carnage

BabyBearsMom
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Apparently we are all in the same polygamous marriage. My DH does the parkign thing ALL THE TIME. He makes me run into Starbucks to get HIM a coffee (while he stays in the car with DD) and then parks the car over in east mofo, and then plays on his iphone and doesn't even notice that I am walking through the pouring rain, carrying HIS coffee, until I am at the door, knocking so he will unlock it. Grrrr, just thinking about it makes me pissed!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
So good to know I'm not alone. Dh does the errand thing all. the. time. Thank goodness the whining about our home finally stopped after we got his adhd diagnosed and treated.

LarsMal
09-28-2010, 10:09 PM
:hysterical: Love your stories- and so glad I'm not alone!

Maybe we'll find ourselves on the next TLC reality show! :D

MamaMolly
09-28-2010, 10:45 PM
The one that drives me nucking futs with DH is the damn car keys. No matter what the weather, time of day or how sketchy the area we are in, he INVARIABLY will wait until we are standing right smack up next to the car door to begin digging his keys out of his pockets full of crapola. I can stand with a newborn babe in my arms in a typhoon for 5 minutes while he pokes around!

It's not like he doesn't know we were going to the car. It's not like he doesn't know we are going to need the key. :banghead: