PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy discontinued my pants size - where else can I find good pants for a Size 1?

Katigre
09-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I am pretty annoyed. At Old Navy I wear a size 1 - 0's are too tight and uncomfortable, 2's are loose and baggy. They discontinued their Size 1 sometime in the past year and now I cannot buy pants there anymore (just tried earlier this week).

I'd love to buy a pair of dark espresso brown corduroys but have had little luck finding them. At Kohl's I found nice Levi's but they only went down to a size 4 (even on their website). I am short waisted so need lower rise pants, and my inseam is on the shorter side (I can wear 'regular length' but it drags on the ground).

I don't want to spend a crazy amount on pants - preferably under $40. But fit is the most important thing and I am at a loss, I've bought my pants exclusively at Old Navy and Gap for years now because I know how they fit me. Gap only has light brown cords that aren't the right color.

Thanks for any tips :).

crl
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Have you tried JJill? A few years ago I was thinner than usual and they were the only place I could find pants that fit in a bricks and mortar store.

Catherine

lmr1101
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
What about Ann Taylor Loft? Their pants usually run a little big - at least in the Marissa styles -- which is what I usually get. You could try a 0 and they may fit similar to a 1 from other stores. I always like shopping there because I know I can fit into the smaller sizes :)

ilfaith
09-28-2010, 07:52 PM
If you can get away with wearing petites, you might want to try pants from Gap or Old Navy in a 2 petite. They are cut a little smaller than a regular 2 but a little bigger than a 0. But their sizes aren't always consistent. I know whenever I buy pants from these stores I end up ordering all three sizes (0, 2 and 2P) to see which fits best. I also find their pants do tend to stretch a bit, so while a 0 might seem tight in the store, you may find they fit better after a few hours of wear.

Nechums
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm the same size and Ann Taylor size 0 seems to fit just fine.

cvanbrunt
09-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Have you tried JCrew? They have 0 and 00. I think their sizes are cut generously. I wear a 4 from other places but have to size down to a 2 there. Maybe a 0 would work. If you are petite the sizing at JCrew is a bit different. I wear a 2 regular but a 4P.

citymama
09-29-2010, 12:09 AM
H&M! Except they run TTS unlike Old "flattering" Navy. Before DD2 I wore sz 1 ONs, which were equivalent to sz 2 Gap or AT and Sz 4 H&M. Yes ladies, ON makes you feel better about your pants size!

calebsmama03
09-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Try some of the places that market to the teen/college set. Delias, American Eagle (cute jeans there that aren't too, umm, "young"), Aeropostale, Forever 21, Pac Sun, Zumiez, etc. I find at those places I usually need to size up 1-2 sizes over my gap/ON size there. THey also tend to be shorter waisted (hence *I* can't shop there much) but since you said you need shorter rise and inseam they might work for you? With all the "vanity sizing" gone mad lately it's harder to find good pants at my regular stores. I am NOT all that tiny, but I occasionally have to wear a size 0 at some places! Just be prepared to look at some bigger sizes and try to not be offended with the bigger number. It's the fit that counts!