PDA

View Full Version : Lego storage

sansdieu
09-28-2010, 09:47 AM
We're talking about Lego Duplo, if it matters. Now, that DD got a few sets for her b-day, I'm wondering about different storage options. Sort them in small bags/ boxes by color? Dump them all in the big box (that goes inside my Expedit)?
And what do you do with the original boxes that have a picture of the "design" on them?

lil_acorn
09-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I just dump mine in one medium sized tote - don't save any of the original packaging. The totes have a lid and are probably the size of ~ 4 shoe boxes?

connor_mommy
09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I would just dump them into a big box. It makes it easier to play with and at that age, they don't care about keeping the sets together.

ett
09-28-2010, 10:11 PM
All of our duplos are in plastic storage bins. I do not keep the original boxes.

bluestarfish18
09-28-2010, 10:16 PM
We keep all of ours in the largest Duplo container we had...holding 4 complete sets. But if I had an IKEA system, I'd store it in that with a photo of some bricks on the side. Don't sweat seperating them, they'll get all scrambled together soon enough.

sansdieu
09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Great, thank you all for sharing! I think I will do just that (dump them in a big bin).