PDA

View Full Version : where to buy fabric sew on labels?

jess_g
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
I need some clothing labels for my ds's coats, backpack, and stuff that he brings to school. Can someone recemend a good online place to buy them? And is there anywhere that would either alow me to use a long name that was a combo of boht my kids names (like using J.. A.. C.. Smith) or let me place one set of labels and split it up for 2 names?

ETA: I already checked out Mables Labels but I am looking for a smaller set than what they have. I don't want to spend $30 on labels if I don't have to. I only need a couple of them.

Thanks, J.

ha98ed14
09-28-2010, 11:17 AM
I bought a bunch from Jennifer's Jewels on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/JennifersJewels?ref=seller_info

They were sew in. I am not a sewer at all, so I just tacked mine in by sewing one stitch over itself 4-5 times at one end of the label. It worked and they stayed on. The labels were still very readable 18-20 months after I sewed them in. They were washed probably once a week sewn into DD's daycare clothes. The fabric the labels were on became worn, but did not develop holes or break down to the point of coming off. I have the feeling that if I had sewn the labels in appliqué style (all the way around), they would have held up better. Mine were flapping the wind. But I think that 20 months of readability is pretty good. The only reason I cut them out was because DD outgrew the clothes and I was giving them to someone else.

HTH!