PDA

View Full Version : Don't think LO is drinking enough.

bw52
09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Do I need to intro cow's milk? I've weaned her down to nursing twice a day (which I like) and I give her a sippy with water in it. But she hardly ever drinks any of it. I'm talking only drinking minute amounts over the course of a day. I know she gets liquids in her food. I was planning on intro cow's milk in about a month after it's not so crazy around here. But now I'm wondering if I should intro it now? I want to stay away from juice. But she needs to be drinking more, I think (although I'm not really sure how much she should be drinking, honestly). She eats a lot of yogurt and cheese, so I thought I was OK on holding off on cow's milk for a little bit longer. But how much liquid should she be drinking?

I'm thinking of switching to a diff sippy cup--something that she doesn't have to suck so hard to get it out. She just recently started like drinking out of a real cup, but with me holding it--we're practicing and half goes down the front of her. But she'll at least drink some this way.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Oh, she's about 14 months. Thanks

goldenpig
09-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Maybe you could try cow's milk in a straw cup...I think DD was using a straw by that age. And some of the sippy cups are easier to drink out of than others. I tried them myself at one point because I was worried DD wasn't drinking much, and thought that the Gerber Graduates were the easiest to drink from.

catsnkid
09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
DS is 15 mos, get milk at daycare and is BF at night. During the day at home I give him whole milk and he is offered water pretty frequently. I don't usually give juice.