PDA

View Full Version : Most Wanted Toys for 2010

ECMom
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Per "Time to Play" magazine....

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Most-Wanted-toys-for-2010/G1776,A7646?loc=interstitialskip

No must haves for me.

LMPC
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Me either. And IMO the dolls look creepy! Thank goodness this will be a year that DD is not clued in to the "most wanted list" -- wonder how long *that* will last?!

Melaine
09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Ok, I will say that the Sing-a-ma-jigs are adorable....and they are $12 at Walmart....I think they will probably wind up on our list. But nothing else sparks my interest. Although the Leapster Explorer is looking much better than my kids' boring old Leapsters.
What I don't get is those squinkies....they seem to be OOS everywhere but they look ridiculously small and cheap....I don't get it.

wimama
09-28-2010, 09:08 PM
I like the Leap Frog Explorer. My DS does not have a handheld video games. I don't think we will buy it, but it might be a nice present for his grandparents to buy. He played with it in the store and he likes it. The screen brightness and clarity seems much better than the Leapsters. They have them side by side to try out in our local Target.

I think dolls and Sing-a-ma-jigs look a little creepy. The Squinkies are rather odd too, but my son's cousin gave him some of this little toys just like them. The ones my DS has are little animals without the big eyes. His cousin got them from a vending machine and I know the local toy store sells them. The store called them Japanese eraser heads? Of course my DS likes them. I find them annoying cheap looking and too small.

katydid1971
09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
I think dolls and Sing-a-ma-jigs look a little creepy. The Squinkies are rather odd too.
:yeahthat:

I played with those Sing-a-ma-jigs at TRU and I thought they were boring and weird. Very ugly IMO. I did like that little remote control car, I don't think I'll get one for DS (he's getting the entire Lego section at TRU :o) but I think they would be a cool gift.

wellyes
09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
They're nuts. Scrabble Flash but no Kinect.

scrooks
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I saw the Squinkies in the store and all I could think was
Squinkie= choking hazard...at least in our house!

Plus they are soooo small. DD would loose them in 5 minutes of opening!

MrsZaz
09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
My boys got the Remote control racing bikes (Air hogs) , we specifically got two that work on different frequencies and they still will not work in our house. Called customer service and they had no advice for me but to try another room. We have an open floor plan on the first floor so that wasn't going to work (the thought being that there was some interference in the room I was in). The other rooms upstairs are carpeted and the say not to run them on carpet. Needless to say they are going back.

Just my 2 cents

Colleen

gatorsmom
09-28-2010, 11:32 PM
My boys got the Remote control racing bikes (Air hogs) , we specifically got two that work on different frequencies and they still will not work in our house. Called customer service and they had no advice for me but to try another room. We have an open floor plan on the first floor so that wasn't going to work (the thought being that there was some interference in the room I was in). The other rooms upstairs are carpeted and the say not to run them on carpet. Needless to say they are going back.

Just my 2 cents

Colleen

Well, this seals it then. I know my boys would love those racing bikes but I'm hesitant to get them because 1) they always break remote controled anything within 2 days of getting it. Usually an antenna gets broken off. And now from reading this the things don't work well in the house. Good to know.

I do like the Disney Princess dolls. They don't have the usual "immodest and sexual" look of Barbie's, Bratz or the Monster dolls, for example.

The Sing-a-ma-jigs look like a guy's sex toy. I guess it's the weird mouths. Maybe I should get one for DH. He's always so hard to shop for.

scriptkitten
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Bil gave dd a singamajig for her bday and she is afraid of it. It's worse than a clown

KrisM
09-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Loopz looks like a lot of fun. I picked one up on sale last week at Target.

mrshalco
09-29-2010, 06:50 AM
DS #1 played loopz in the store the other day and loved it. I don't know if it will end up on his xmas list though

egoldber
09-29-2010, 07:03 AM
I think my younger DD would like the Squinkies, but she already has some Littlest Petshops and those seem so similar to me.

Those Disney princess dolls are 18", so they are AG doll competitors. I hope they are higher quality than the My Disney Princess dolls sold at WDW. My older DD got one of those a few years ago and it promptly broke. She is NOT hard on toys/dolls and has never broken any other doll.

hillview
09-29-2010, 09:37 AM
I love the sing-a-majigs. We have 4 of them.
/hillary

vonfirmath
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Ok, I will say that the Sing-a-ma-jigs are adorable....and they are $12 at Walmart....I think they will probably wind up on our list. But nothing else sparks my interest. Although the Leapster Explorer is looking much better than my kids' boring old Leapsters.
What I don't get is those squinkies....they seem to be OOS everywhere but they look ridiculously small and cheap....I don't get it.

We saw the Sing-a-ma-jigs in the store yesterday. Didn't know they were most wanted and my son's reaction made me "highlight" them in my head as a possible Christmas gift!

Leapster Explorer: WArning. The reviews talk about how these have a lot of advertising to your kids for other Leapfrog products

lizzywednesday
09-29-2010, 10:49 AM
I could see getting the mini RC car for DH as a stocking stuffer, but not much else for my own household.

However, those Princess 18" dolls and the little-bitty playset thingies (the picture showed a cupcake) might be hits for the nieces...

fivi2
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Why does disney always leave out Snow White? She isn't pictured on the princess dolls and one of my dds loves her! (Of course the last thing we need right now is more disney, but that is beside the point!)

swissair81
09-29-2010, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't bother with squinkies- my girls love polly pockets & they aren't a fad toy.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Japanese Erasers are not the same thing as Squinkies. Japanese Erasers were really big around here as the thing to collect before Silly Bandz came around.

I saw the Singamajigs in Target and I want one! It's cool how if you have more than one, they sound good together. Those may end up sticking out of the top of several stockings.

Are the Squinkies squishy? and do they seem like they will pick up dog hair and cat hair sticking to them?

SnuggleBuggles
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Singamajigs seem really wrong to me but I must have a dirty mind . :bag Nothing on there is on my list.

Beth

kristac
09-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Eyeing the Real Construction sets and the Hot Wheels Stealth Rides... Definately getting one of the Lego games. Not certain which would be best for a 6 year old though.
ETA - Loopz looks cool but maybe too old for us...... Same with Paper Jamz.